PDA

View Full Version : Poll: the best food for cats

Molly623
08-02-2001, 10:31 PM
I am getting a new kitten and I know that as a youngster she eats Iams kitten food dry but when she grows up, I don't know what I should switch her to...more iams? please help me!! :confused:

4 feline house
08-03-2001, 01:51 PM
If the Iams is working for her, there is no need to switch brands, just switch to the adult formula when she is about a year old. You wouldn't want to keep her on the kitten food once she's mature to prevent her from gaining too much weight. When it's time to graduate to adult food, mix one part new food to three parts old food, then half and half, then 3 parts new food to one part old food. That will get her taste buds and her tummy used to the change.

Molly623
08-03-2001, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the advice! Will do! :D if you want a pic of her just e-mail me @ [email protected] ! ojk bye bye 4 now!

kgeorge
08-06-2001, 02:08 PM
I would stick with Iams, adult. My vet told me to measure the food, I give Sundance 3/4 cup of Science Diet and Royal Canin mixed a day. I thought 3/4 cup would not be enough but he never finishes all of his food. My other cat was real overweight so I don't want to make the same mistake.