PDA

View Full Version : Only a Cat.......

4 feline house
12-04-2001, 10:06 AM
would step on your newspaper as you are reading it, crumple it up nice and good while she's doing her twisty thing trying to make it comfy enough to snooze on, and then rare her ears back and glare up at you because you won't get your knee out of her way!

Former User
12-04-2001, 10:13 AM
...would curl up on top of your note pad when writing something into it...

...would lay on the floor in the dark and trip you over when you go to the toilet...making YOU feel sorry for stepping on him/her...

...would drink from your glass although she/he has their own water dish...

...would expect you to understand what she/he is saying when they meow and look at you eyes wide open...

...only a cat would come and disturb me while writing this...forcing me to stop and start petting him (hi Casper ;) )

tuxluvr
12-04-2001, 05:29 PM
.....can lay down a poo poo with smell that would peel wallpaper and saunter away like she is the Queen of England!

NoahsMommy
12-04-2001, 05:38 PM
...can attack my grandmother's recipe book (who has passed away :( ) while I am looking at it and still get a smile and a kiss from me...

...can make my heart melt by cuddling up to me after being a total terror during the whole day...

...can make me feel special by just rubbing against my legs while I make dinner...

Karen
12-04-2001, 06:02 PM
... can look completely innocent while sitting right next to the broken pieces of an ornament that (s)he's batted of the tree after you've said No! half a million times.

catwoman
12-04-2001, 06:13 PM
... can know the phone is going to ring before it does!

Pam
12-04-2001, 07:39 PM
Would wake you up early on a weekend morning to feed him and then after eating go right back to sleep while you are wide awake! :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
12-04-2001, 10:35 PM
hee hee

That's my babies!!

cr7clark
12-06-2001, 06:26 AM
...can be wildly running through the house playing one minute and stop abruptly when you look at her, giving you the "Who me?" look.....

BigCharles
12-06-2001, 12:48 PM
... can cause the lady of the house to emit ear-spliting shreiks by walking between her feet right after she comes out of the shower and attempt to "dry her off" by using his long haired tail up the inside of one leg, over the top, and then down the inside of the other. :eek: ;) :eek:

She says that this feels better than anything that I ... Well, let's just call it tough competition.

purrley
12-06-2001, 12:53 PM
....can save up a poop job for when you've just changed the litter box

Logan
12-06-2001, 04:31 PM
....will walk out the front door, only to be sitting in the back window, yelling to come inside, before you can even get back to your chair

AmberLee
12-06-2001, 04:39 PM
... will beg, and beg, and beg for the door to be opened and when it is, stand in the doorway trying to decide whether it really wants to go out or not ...

... remembers being a deity from 4000 years and 6000 miles away, and won't let you forget it ...

... can enrapture a human heart with one little purr!

tatsxxx11
12-06-2001, 05:06 PM
would....have the worst case of the "runs" (on a long haired, not pretty!) then proceed to plant his backside EVERYWHERE, on every countetop and clean surface, leaving his calling card, and still be incensed that he is about to be tossed in the sink for tubbie! :D

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

zippy-kat
12-06-2001, 06:35 PM
only a long haired kitty would get her 'kookies' :o wrapped into her fur, walk in princess fashion to the middle of the kitchen floor, sit and scoot, while you are on the phone with the preacher!

wayne0214
12-06-2001, 08:25 PM
......can play "ring around the comode", while I'm setting on it, and then one of the others will climb inside my jeans while they are down!

............wayne :D

yorkster
12-06-2001, 10:46 PM
....could act and sound as if your are severley abusing it, when all you are trying to do is give her a pill or trim her claws. And of course if she/he just cooperated with those things, it would be over MUCH faster, and be easier on us all! But try and tell a cat that..........

.....could get away with all the things my dog DOES NOT get away with!

Ila
12-06-2001, 11:25 PM
You hear cupboard doors banging you go to the kitchen and there she is opend cupboard doors and she is looking at you like I don't know what you heard but I did not do it attitude.

Pam
12-07-2001, 07:01 AM
LOL! I love that "I didn't do it" look! I usually see that after something has come crashing to the ground! :rolleyes:

Former User
12-07-2001, 07:30 AM
Yeah, Casper and Kitty are masters at that look... Like when they hang on the washing and I go and hush them away, they both lay down next to the washing and look at me with wide eyes: What? We didn't hang on the washing, we didn't do it! We're too cute...

sasvermont
12-07-2001, 07:48 AM
and when they weave their way through the wine glasses in the China cabinet...knocking down only a few and never breaking them...while I am sleeping or watching TV, of course...and not responding to my demand of "get down" in the loudest voice I have....
:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

gini
12-07-2001, 10:48 AM
....can use the litter box, not cover their business and then run around the house like a madman as though they are saying "boy am I ever glad I got rid of that." And your eyes are still watering and yes, the wallpaper starts to peel!

scottso55
12-07-2001, 11:00 AM
.... Can come wake you up in the early morning just so you can go watch him eat the food that was already out for him

(that still gets a laugh out of me)

Logan
12-07-2001, 11:07 AM
Oh, Gini, I am laughing my fool head off at that one!!! LOL! LOL!! :D :D :D :D

Bobbie
12-07-2001, 01:13 PM
...attack your ankles wjile you are trying to walk down the stairs and then look at you like you shouldn't be at all upset that you almost went down the stairs head first.

Glad to know that other peoples cats have to be watched while they eat. I thought mine was just weird.

...can drink out of the toilet after you have just washed their water bowl out nice and put some nice filtered water in.

yorkster
12-07-2001, 03:20 PM
...can suddenly have selective hearing when they are doing something wrong like chewing on the plants, and you're saying "No, Wylie! Stop chewing on the plants! Wylie...NO!!" And they don't even acknowledge you.
But then....a few minutes later, you say the word "treats!" and they both come running.

AmberLee
12-07-2001, 03:44 PM
You've all been taking notes on my fur-babies, haven't you? ROTFL

Yorkster -- hope your birthday (tomorrow?) is a very happy one! I left a note in crow_noir's birthday thread, but was concerned you'd miss it.

Anyway these are all so funny, and so TRUE. Great job, all!

Edwina's Secretary
12-07-2001, 03:50 PM
...would jump wrong, missing the intended target then start grooming madly looking as if, "ahhhh.. thi is precisely where I wanted to do my grooming."

yorkster
12-07-2001, 06:13 PM
Ahhhh, good one Edwinna!

Amberlee.....thanks for the birthday wishes!

yorkster
12-11-2001, 10:25 PM
Just had to add another one after last night while I was trying to study for a test at school today.......

...can (two of them) decide to 'help' you with your studies by laying on your notebook, chewing on your pen, scattering your papers around.
I finally had to put them upstairs in their room, because they kept coming back, no matter what. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thelmalu99
12-12-2001, 04:56 PM
...can fall asleep all spread out in the middle of your bed and look so cute and comfy that you (the human who purchased the bed in the first place!) will sleep on top of the comforter because you don't want to disturb the cat! :) :rolleyes:

tuxluvr
12-13-2001, 07:30 AM
...can go from 60 to sleeping in a matter of seconds, exhibiting almost zen-like behavior in both...so pure is their passion for both!

wayne0214
12-16-2001, 09:26 AM
will run and jump on the side of your trash container, causing it to tip over, so they can get at something in it, and then string it all over the floor. :D

.............wyne

tatsxxx11
12-16-2001, 02:58 PM
Will fight you tooth and claw as you struggle to gently smooosh him into the pet taxi for a visit to the vet. Then, next morning, having left the carrier on the floor with the door open, snooze away the day in it! :rolleyes:

4 feline house
12-16-2001, 03:27 PM
Sandra - So true! :D :rolleyes:

BigCharles
12-17-2001, 03:30 PM
... would avoid exploring the new cabinets and counter tops until mommy went and got some dishes to wash in the new sink and then "supervise" from the bottom shelf of the upper cabinet.

yorkster
12-17-2001, 05:47 PM
"Supervise" ....cats are so good at that! They must know what is going on in the house at all times! :rolleyes:

ILOVECINDER
12-17-2001, 06:21 PM
:D

-love 4 cinder-

AmberLee
12-18-2001, 12:35 PM
Oops, Spenser/Chuck, we are thinking alike again! I posted this cartoon in "Cat General". It made me laugh out loud.

purrley
12-19-2001, 01:54 PM
Only a Cat:
Would start a playing frenzy with the dog and walk away leaving the dog to play with himself :D :D

Sia1
12-19-2001, 07:11 PM
Only a cat...
would pick off every ornament and candy cane within its reach from the Christmas tree..causing its owners to be only able to decorate 3/4th of the tree.

Only a cat...
would vomit up bits of the tree, only to go back to eating on it a minute later!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :D

maxycat95
12-26-2001, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy:
<STRONG>...can attack my grandmother's recipe book (who has passed away :( ) while I am looking at it and still get a smile and a kiss from me...

...can make my heart melt by cuddling up to me after being a total terror during the whole day...

...can make me feel special by just rubbing against my legs while I make dinner...</STRONG>

max can literally open gum rappers and swallow gum. He does this with candy canes,chocolate bars,and fruit candy