PDA

View Full Version : Separation Anxiety

Edwina's Secretary
07-27-2001, 03:53 PM
... or perhaps I should say "Separation Punishment." My husband and I went away for five days. During that time Edwina was at home with my husband's son. He lives with us and Edwina is very comfortable with him. When the son picked us up at the airport the first thing he said was that Edwina had not used her litter box for the last few days.

When we arrived at the house she proceed to the dining room (the only place other than her litter box where she ever does "business") and made pee. Later that evening she made pooh in there. The next night she made pooh in there again. At that point we must have been sufficiently contrite because she hasn't done it since.

Although we have left her before for shorter trips this is the longest since our honeymoon three years ago. All I can figure is it was because during the couple of weeks before, Juy 4th and such, we had taken a few days off and consequently been with her alot??

4 feline house
07-27-2001, 04:28 PM
It's sounds to me like she is punishing you. Bad humans!

wolflady
07-27-2001, 05:18 PM
It certainly does sound like she is punishing you! I've noticed that my babies have had the tendency to do this. Only they just simply ignore me for several hours to a day once I return...but then are back to their normal selves.
Marius, on some occasions, instead of ignoring me when I returned...would basically be glued to me! He would not leave me alone! He would literally be "underfoot", which is bad because I've accidentally stepped on a foot or a tail a time or two... :rolleyes:

LuvCatz
08-10-2001, 12:47 PM
We just took off and left our cat for a few weeks but we were lucky that she didnt make any messes aside from her regular hair balls. But she has made it perfectly clear that she did not care for the experience ... she has a new meow - or should I say ''caterwaul''. Its very loud and annoying. I hope she will recover over time and lose this habit so the neighbors dont hear it and think we are torturing her!
:eek: