PDA

View Full Version : OK- Here is the NEXT level for us cat crazies!

Cataholic
04-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Cat Agility! OMG...my sister sent me this link this am...

I am already thinking of a few kitties that could do this...Pouncer, Lily, Juni Rose....he he he...

http://www.catagility.com/index.html

catmandu
04-15-2004, 08:56 AM
The idea that the Found Cats would jump through hoops , on command is about the craziest that I haveheard lately. The looks of didain , that I would get , would be priceless. I couldnt even get them to play with the mouse , on a spring!!!

Nomilynn
04-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Nathan called me at work yesterday to tell me about this; it doens't have a date or anything yet but we are planning on going! :)

aly
04-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Tonya and I saw some cat agility at the cat show we went to in October. It sounded interesting, but once we watched it, it pretty much went how you would think it would ---- the humans ran around like crazies trying to get their cats to do stuff and the cats did whatever they wanted, hehe.

Vermontcat
04-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Cat Agility! OMG...my sister sent me this link this am...

I am already thinking of a few kitties that could do this...Pouncer, Lily, Juni Rose....he he he...

http://www.catagility.com/index.html

That is so funny that you mention this Cataholic because I have a photo of Juni Rose doing Cat Agility!:D
I hope to post it and a bunch of other Camp Vermont photos later tonight or tomorrow.:)

Cataholic
04-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Yippee! I will be checking back for the promised photos!!!

trayi52
04-15-2004, 01:55 PM
I don't know, about all Grover can do is climb the wall, if there is a promise of a mouse up there.

Willie:D

catland
04-15-2004, 02:31 PM
There's just one flaw that comes to mind - wouldn't the events take a long time? I know my cats would require at least a two hour nap between each event.:eek:

I can see it now "come on now kitty, jump through the hoop for mommy and all the nice judges and audience"

kitty - "yawn"

Barbara
04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Last weekend they had a very interesting documentary in TV about "Are dogs more intelligent or cats?" They showed different behavior. There was a scene about a cat circus in Switzerland and how the lady trained them e.g. to sit on a platform on a stick which she lifted etc.

This looked a lot like the agility .

Filou is doing agility all the time but not that.... coordinated:D

lat192004
04-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Hello and thanks for the story/pictures. My cat would more or less resemble Ziggy the Maine Coon. Angel truly does take a message, and puts me on hold. The Bengal in the story is beautiful..Are dogs more intelligent than cats? Both are specialized in what they can do. There is a story by Kipling that would sum it up pretty good about cat attitude, it's called "the cat that walked by himself". If I called Angel to me, he would look at me, come half way, then decide to head another way. After about 30min after my request to come to me, he would show up. I think cats just do this to show us they will not be controlled. I guess that's why I love them so much, I love their independant nature.

trayi52
04-16-2004, 01:19 AM
I agree lat192004, that is why I love cats. They have their own personalities. Grover is the boss, she comes when she wants to come. I always know that she will come to me, but in her own time.

They are indeed very independent, and I love that about a cat!

Willie:)

BastetsMum
04-16-2004, 03:26 AM
Bastet would take one look at me with that *You jump through that hoop for a treat* look.

Vermontcat
04-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Ok, here is the photo of Juni practicing her Cat Agility.:D
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/jump.jpg
We used a laser light to motivate her to jump over the bunny gate.
Notice how closely Miley and Chloe are watching while they wait their turns.:)

I have to go start a couple of new threads now with more photos since I finally have them ready.:)