PDA

View Full Version : =D Had the playdate with Ivy!!!!

DogLover9501
04-15-2004, 12:00 AM
OMG Today was sooooooooo fun!!! Around 2:30, my mom and I left to go to Jen's, and she was out in the yard with Ivy! Ivy is HUGE lol, she has a big boxer head and shes very bulky, I would guess 80+ pounds! She is soooooo sweet, she's getting a little grey hehe, but she is so lovable.

I got out of the van(without Jasper at first) to see her, I walked over and she greeted me with one leap lol paws up on my chest, almost on my shoulders, and stood there with all her weight on me trying to kiss me hehe, Ive never met a sweeter dog.

Then I let Jasper out of the van, and they sniffed each other(both on leashes) and they were both wagging their little stubbies hehe, Ivy wags her stubby in circle motions lol its so cute, Jasper's just goes back and forth.

Then they sort of started trying to box lol, but Ivy was a bit too big for him, so they played for a bit, Ivy gave me tons of kisses and completely stole my heart:D

Then Jasper went home with my mom, and Ivy went in the house and Jen and I went out in town to "The DogHouse", I have never been there, what am amazing pet supply store.
They have Wellness :eek: amazing food that I've always wanted to feed and I didnt think we had it around here!! I was thrilled, and I also got him some things to chew on, like crown knuckles or something and tartor busters and beef ribs, and I bought him a rubber, squeaky hedgehog, which he loves!

Another awesome thing was the woman who worked there, REALLY knew her stuff, she told me exactly what foods would be awesome for him, his age and his alergies and she really just knows what she is talking about. And :eek: the first Sat of every month, you can go there free, to a obedience type thing and to see a behaviorist who will tell you about your dogs tempermant and personality and stuff.

Then we went to Chapters :eek: and they have so much dog books, I found 2-3 boxer books that I *NEED* to have, 2 are just all about them and 1 is about training them, really interesting. I also need to have this other book, with 88 tricks to train your dog in it :eek: I would have fun with that!!!! lol, It also comes with a frisbee :p

Well sorry for going on and on lol, I had soooooo much fun!!! Anyway Jasper and Ivy are going to play again another time in a soccer feild, all fenced, and for longer because Jen was rushed for time, because she had to be at the passport office or something, anyway next time I promise I will take TONS AND TONS of pictures!! Also I will have some pictures on Monday :D

K9soul
04-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Sounds like fun! I'm glad you found a food you would like to feed Jasper, and that the people there are so helpful. I look forward to pictures too. Any chance of your Mom giving in about Ivy staying with you while Jen goes to school?

DogLover9501
04-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by K9soul
Any chance of your Mom giving in about Ivy staying with you while Jen goes to school?

Not yet :( I wrote her a letter, since she wont listen to me lol but Im thinking I have to re-write it because I was REALLY mad when I wrote it and kinda got "snotty" and I never talk to her that way, so I probably shouldnt in the letter, wouldn't help, but I'll update on how that goes.

anna_66
04-15-2004, 09:49 AM
What an exciting day you had (wish I could have been there to see Ivy and Jasper!)! Sounds like the two of them got along pretty good:)
That pet store sounds pretty great, wish we had one around here like that.
Can't wait to see the pictures!

DogLover9501
04-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
What an exciting day you had (wish I could have been there to see Ivy and Jasper!)! Sounds like the two of them got along pretty good:)
That pet store sounds pretty great, wish we had one around here like that.
Can't wait to see the pictures!

:eek: Anna I wish you could have been there too, with Angus!! :D :p

The pet store is amazing! Expensive...but amazing, his little tiny green squeaky hedgehog was like over 6 dollars:eek: But he loves it lol

I will have pictures Saturday(if the photolab is open on saturdays:confused: ) if not Saturday, then Monday. From BOTH cameras, if they all come out that will be 54 pictures I think, but sorry none of my cousin's pitbulls :( they were never home so I just used them up lol