PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite Accent...

carole
04-14-2004, 03:24 PM
I have to say it is the American(not just saying that because most of you are Americans here) I have had a thing about the American Twang since I was 17, I just love it, especially now the New York Accent and the southern drawl, I know if I ever lived there I would pick it up so quick , as I would love to talk like you guys, my second fav is the French, followed closely by The British Accent especially the Cockney.

Just curious which are your fav accents?

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Ooo accents -drool-

I love british accents, esp. cockney. (no I'm not trying to copying you haha) I really like Australian as well. hmmmm...I have more which I can't think of..T-T

primabella
04-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Australian :D I have no idea why but I just love it.

jenfer
04-14-2004, 03:46 PM
hmm...maybe British?! :p

petlover
04-14-2004, 03:54 PM
country accent:D

popcornbird
04-14-2004, 04:05 PM
I like the plain old normal American accent. Not Southern........not Country, not British, not Australian, but how English is spoken in most of the US, in areas that are not known for their *strong* accents. :p

I don't know why, but I'm not that much into strong accents. :o

guster girl
04-14-2004, 04:09 PM
I love Scottish. :) Like Billy Boyd, the actor from Lord of the Rings (Pippin). His real accent is my favorite. He's from Scotland I believe! :) I'll check and make sure...Ok, I checked and he's from Scotland. :) Ugh, his voice is so sexy. He's such a hottie to me for some reason....I can't believe he's 36! Crazy!!! but, honestly, I love accents in general, as long as you still sound intelligent. I love northern accents (like my friend from Vermont that uses the word "wicked" instead of "really" or "very"...it's wicked cold outside!) And, I love Southern accents, especially on women, but, again, not if they sound like hicks. ;) But, yeah, Australian, British, Spanish, Italian, German, Irish, etc.....they all get me! :)

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
I love Scottish. :) Like the actor from Lord of the Rings (Pippin). His real accent is my favorite. He's from Scotland I believe! :) I'll check and make sure...

Yeah, he is :D I love his accent too :X

guster girl
04-14-2004, 04:15 PM
He does a good job with the different accent in the film, too, cuz he sounds really different out of character! : )

Miss Meow
04-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Irish
French
American (southern states, I think)
English (slightly upper crust, not too much plum in mouth!)

slick
04-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Auzzie......:D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-14-2004, 04:54 PM
I just hung up a call with a guy in London with whom I often work. I've never been quite able to describe his accent -- which at times I cannot understand (and I get so tired of saying...."Pardon Me?")

Thank you Miss Meow for this definition....

too much plum in mouth

That's It!!

Pam
04-14-2004, 04:56 PM
British, Australian, Scottish, Irish, Italian, the drawl of the American South ~ basically anything that does not sound like me! :p

popcornbird
04-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I just hung up a call with a guy in London with whom I often work. I've never been quite able to describe his accent -- which at times I cannot understand (and I get so tired of saying...."Pardon Me?")

Thank you Miss Meow for this definition....

That's It!!

I can never seem to understand what mu cousins are saying whenever I visit them in England. I must say it is kinda embarrassing asking them to repeat what they said every few minutes. :o Their accent is SO strong..........and very plum-y... :p

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I hate you, getting to go to England :o I want to go there so bad...;)

popcornbird
04-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I hate you, getting to go to England :o I want to go there so bad...;)

:eek: You want to go to England? You can go for me. I go there all the time and never want to go. *sigh* I *have to* though because my dad's whole family lives there!

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
I will!! It looks awesome there. Aww, you're SO lucky T-T

binka_nugget
04-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Australian but I'm not a fan of the really heavy ones like Steve Irwin's accent. Just a really nice smooth subtle accent for me. :D

My (australian) friend was commenting on how he could tell the difference between Canadian and American accents. I've never noticed any difference between the two.

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
My (australian) friend was commenting on how he could tell the difference between Canadian and American accents. I've never noticed any difference between the two.

Me either..lol

Eh?

popcornbird
04-14-2004, 05:54 PM
I will!! It looks awesome there. Aww, you're SO lucky T-T

Really? :p But I don't want to go there! :o

binka_nugget
04-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Eh?

What are you talking aboot? :p

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Really? :p But I don't want to go there! :o

:eek:

popcornbird
04-14-2004, 06:02 PM
:eek:

I'm SERIOUS!!! :p

BitsyNaceyDog
04-14-2004, 06:10 PM
A friend of mine is english and moved here when he was 15. On his first day of school someone asked him his name and when he told them they laughed. They couldn't understand his thick accent. That night he went home and practiced talking american, he perfected it in no time. It's funny tho, when he slips into his english accent not even noticing.

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'm SERIOUS!!! :p

Me too lol ;D

ChiRen
04-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I love Australian accents. One of my friends moved her a couple years ago from Australia and I could just sit there and listen to him talk for hours, lol.

I have Southern accent, so I absolutely hate it. lol. I don't notice it, but everyone else comments about it. Blech. I was born in Tennessee and we lived in Atlanta, Georgia for a few years after that, so my accent is pretty strong considering I've been living in Chicago for quite awhile.

It's even worse that no one else in my family really has it except for me. My mom, dad, and brother obviously lived in TN and GA when I did and for the same amount of time, but they had lived in Ohio before that so they didn't start with a southern accent. My sister was born in Texas, so she has a slight accent too.

Like I said, my accent isn't too strong, but it's strong enough to notice lol.

If you've ever watched the Real World: San Diego, everyone tells me my accent is exactly like Cameran's. :p:o

If I ever meet any of you in person or talk with you, I apologize in advance. ;)

Miss Meow
04-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Australian but I'm not a fan of the really heavy ones like Steve Irwin's accent. Just a really nice smooth subtle accent for me. :D

Shane and I had a bet about a girl's accent the other day. I said she was Irish and he said she was Canadian. He won, I looked like an idiot. Last time I checked, Ireland wasn't near Canada!

I don't like bogan Aussie accents, either. Maaaaaaaate, how's it hangin' dude? Whocha doin' ta-night? Come around ta moi joint and we'll av a beer, yeah? Ya know?

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 06:42 PM
What are you talking aboot? :p

Ya hoser

(still duno what that means..)

GoldenRetrLuver
04-14-2004, 06:59 PM
My dad works with a guy who has a British accent. I love it.

Some people *cough* think I should Australian. I don't hear it; it's just that 'ol California accent. ;):p

popcornbird
04-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
My dad works with a guy who has a British accent. I love it.

Some people *cough* think I should Australian. I don't hear it; it's just that 'ol California accent. ;):p

You do NOT sound Australian girl...........not at all.

carole
04-14-2004, 08:11 PM
i don't know how I could forget the Scottish accent, of course I Love it , have been around it all my life., the Irish is nice too.

People think NZer's sound like aussie's but we don't, some australians and nz'ers do sound alike, but their accent is quite distinct from ours, I don't speak like a fair dinkum kiwi, as i have been brought up with the scottish dialect, but even to me a real kiwi accent is quite different.

Vermontcat
04-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Pam
British, Australian, Scottish, Irish, Italian, the drawl of the American South ~ basically anything that does not sound like me! :p
Pam, I'm pretty much the same way.
I love the sound of Australian accents and British accents, love Scottish (like Sean Connery), Irish (like Bono of U2), and many European accents like Italian. I also like southern accents and Texas ones but I have heard enough of the New York, New Jersey and Boston accents!;)

CathyBogart
04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Irish accents...I ADORE my bio teacher, and his accent is sooo dreamy... *Swoon* ^_^

Twisterdog
04-14-2004, 10:28 PM
English, Scottish, Australian .....

Oooooooh so sexy when guys have those accents.

*drools*

:D

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2004, 11:57 PM
I would have to say that British and Australian are my two favorite accents. My two unfavorite accents would be New York and Boston.

I've been told that I have both a Northern and a Southern accent. I was born in Philidelphia,Pa. but then grew up in Greenville,S.C. When I lived in S.C., people thought I sounded northern but when I moved to CA. people thought I sounded very southern. I'm just all mixed up.:)

Shelteez2
04-14-2004, 11:58 PM
*sigh*

Accents..........

*sigh*

LOL I love most accents. Scottish (such good memories), australian, spanish, European......

Accents are yummy! LOL

Tonya
04-15-2004, 12:01 AM
New Jersey first....

Then Australian....There's an Australian kid in Jaden's class with a HOT dad. All us mothers always swoon when he speaks. lol. We make it a point to invite him to all our kids birthday parties just so we can drool. Our husbands just roll their eyes. hehe.

Miss Meow
04-15-2004, 12:20 AM
I'm going to set up a 1-900-DIAL-AN-AUSSIE-GUY line and make a fortune out of you lot!

Blustang24
04-15-2004, 12:41 AM
I love british accents...I just love England! lol

Then the scottish and irish and australian...all different spin offs of about the same idea I think lol... either way I like them all..

I love southern accents from the U.S.

There is such a difference between American and Canadian Accents....atleast I pick it up.
As far as language...I agree with Binka and PCB, Americans say "huh" and "what" and "uh/um" and Canadian say "eh" hehehe About and aboot....I love that about my canadian friend....I catch him on all his different words lol! Then he makes fun of me because I slip a southern accent here and there lol

lat192004
04-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Hello,

And what a neat question!I'm enjoying PT so much more than any other forum I have ever belonged to.Hope I'm not spending too much time here?
Without a doubt, it would be the British accent, followed by the Aussie's. Being from the midwest, Ohio tri-state area, I can't say much about southern accents,'cause that's how I sound I'm told.(not compliments, either)
My all-time least favorite accent is the Local Pidgeon, I have been in Hawaii almost 17 years and can only understand bits and pieces. Major culture-clash here.

EssTer
04-15-2004, 03:12 AM
I really like british accent..;)

Killearn Kitties
04-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I've been told that I have both a Northern and a Southern accent. It's funny how local speakers hear an accent completely differently from outsiders, isn't it?

A lot of people from my father's side of the family emigrated to Canada. A lot of them, I have never met, but one of his aunts used to visit Scotland fairly regularly. To us she sounds Canadian, but she says that Canadians know that she isn't a native. They can hear a Scottish twang in there, even though she has been there for 80 years now!!

Pam
04-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
New Jersey first....

:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't believe anyone would say that! :D :D :D

Actually there are "two New Jerseys" - North Jersey and South Jersey. I am a South Jersey girl now, although I was born in Philadelphia. In North Jersey they say JOIZY but us South Jersey folks are not so "New Yorky" sounding! :D

Krazyaboutkatz, I didn't realize you were born a Philly girl! ;)

One of my favorite Pet Talkers has the cutest lil ole southern accent! In case you couldn't guess - it is Logan! ;) I love hearing her talk!

Logan
04-15-2004, 07:06 AM
LOL!!! Pam, I knew someone would say something about my accent!!! I don't even have to identify myself most of the time when I call one of you guys because you immediately recognize me by my accent!!!! Hehehe!!!! :o

Tonya
04-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Pam
:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't believe anyone would say that! :D :D :D

Actually there are "two New Jerseys" - North Jersey and South Jersey. I am a South Jersey girl now, although I was born in Philadelphia. In North Jersey they say JOIZY but us South Jersey folks are not so "New Yorky" sounding! :D

Krazyaboutkatz, I didn't realize you were born a Philly girl! ;)

One of my favorite Pet Talkers has the cutest lil ole southern accent! In case you couldn't guess - it is Logan! ;) I love hearing her talk!

I had a boyfriend a long time ago from New Joizy. He'd say "Hey, Taawnya, bring me a glass of wata...." hehe. I loved it whenever he said my name. He'd get mad at me and say I'm the one with the funny accent.

dukedogsmom
04-15-2004, 08:36 AM
English or Austrailian. Love listening to them! Sometimes we have English people that rent houses in our county because it's close to Disney World. The other day, woman had to call for an ambulance and I loved her accent. Don't know what this means but she said the guy was "fitting". Anyone know what that means?

Amber
04-15-2004, 09:23 AM
My friends say I talk with a little southern accent, but I don't think so, but It might be possible that half of my family do, and being around them so much...

Anyways.. I absolutly LOVE british accent! I just love it!! It's just so awesome!!! I definatly wanna go their when I get older. :D

and second would have to American. Just the plain old stuff. hehehe I like it! :D

Cataholic
04-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! I love guessing accents.

Logan, you have a southern accent? Tee hee hee...I didn't know that. It just helps create the WLP! (Whole Logan Picture).

As to Canadians sounding different from Americans...I think the difference is easily remarkable. You Canadians...you all sound so funny! (he he he..come on down and get me, come on!)

DogLover9501
04-15-2004, 09:59 AM
I love Australian accents too, and Boston :p

CountryWolf07
04-15-2004, 10:26 AM
I absolutely love SOUTHERN/COUNTRY accents.. I had a guy who was interested in me, and he was from Pennsylvania. He was a farm boy. He had everything country going for him, a truck, the way he dressed... when I first met him, I melted when I heard him talk. I also like Australian accents...

I don't THINK I have an accent, but you can ask Amy or KayAnn.. Someone mentioned to me that I sounded like I had a little bit of "northern/southern" mix..

Kona & Oreo's mom
04-15-2004, 11:05 AM
I've always loved a Spanish accent.

Cataholic
04-15-2004, 11:05 AM
CW07- I bet money you have an accent! Anyone from the Cleveland area has an accent..he he he..

CountryWolf07
04-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
CW07- I bet money you have an accent! Anyone from the Cleveland area has an accent..he he he..

LOL! :p Ok, ok! I'm just 20-25 minutes from Cleveland.. I guess YOU can say I have an accent! ;) What's hilarious is that Amy thought my mom had a NY accent, but she's been born & raised all her life here in Ohio.

ramanth
04-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Michigan has two accents. Da Yoopers and everyone else. ;)

My faves are the Irish/Scottish accents. Aussie ones are sexy too. *sighs* :D

CountryWolf07
04-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Y'all should hear Keith Urban talk... he's an Aussie & a country singer.. and VERY good lookin'! ;) Amazing guitarist player too!!

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/capitol_nashville/keithurban/0802_keith_urban_a.jpg

Kfamr
04-15-2004, 02:31 PM
I love New York people's accent. Only on males, though.
I also love Spanish/Hispanic accents.

My friends say I have a "stoner accent" :rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
04-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Without a doubt, my favorite is the Australian accent. :D

Christiansmommy
04-15-2004, 04:24 PM
I would have to say Scottish. Dale's obedience school teacher had a Scottish accent and it just sounded so cool. My next door neighbor was born and raised in Scotland, and she has the cutest accent, although, sometimes i just nod when she talks, b/c i havent got a clue about what she just said, LOL!! Her husband has a Brooklin, NY accent, and so their son said to us, "You can imagine how hard it was for me to learn to talk when i was a kid with a Brooklin dad and a Scotish mom!" :)

Second fave would be Austrailian.

However, i do like South Philly accents, but they tend to talk a bit loud ;)

MariaM
04-15-2004, 04:41 PM
I like Alabama ones (my friend :D ) and Australian (my cousin) And Orlando Blooms, Billy Boyd as well and... Dominac...M. something lol.

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-15-2004, 05:09 PM
I ADORE a nice Scottish accent - like Ian Hannah or David Coulthard.

I have a WEIRD accent - I lived in Scotland till I was 11 then moved to South Africa. so my accent it a mix of the two - my family in Scotland all think I sound "posh"and South Africans think I sound a bit "British". My son loves it, and tries to copy me!!

wolf_Q
04-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Irish, Scottish, Brittish, Australian...I LOVE listening to cool accents!

Erm I'm not sure how much of one I have...I'm sure I speak a bit of Hickish, as I'm from Utah. ;)

carole
04-15-2004, 05:36 PM
I think the Utah accent is very pretty, I spent sometime there, and loved the way you speak, but I adore the NEW YORK accent, possibly because my best friend online is from there, and when we do voice chat, it sounds so darn cute.

I used to think Canadians and Americans sounded the same, just like people think aussies and NZ'ers sound the same, but My american friend pointed out the difference, and now I can pick it up,It is quite different, and you don't have to listen hard to hear it, I love both the canadian and american accents, BRING EM ON!!!

Karen
04-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I don't really have a favorite, honestly. One really nice accent that everyone loved was my old boss's daughter. Her Dad (I'll just call him Boss for this story) is Scottish (pale white guy) and met and married her mom while serving in the British military in Jamaica. Their kids grew up in both places, so mix Scottish with Jamaican, add a bit of American influence, and that's her accent. Kathleen strongly resembles her beautiful Jamaican mom, but with cafe au lait skin and dark curly hair. She's a very pretty young woman. Years ago, she spent a summer working at the newspaper her dad and I worked at. One of the publishers didn't figure out she was Boss's daughetr for a month or so. When he finally learned Kathleen's name, he came down and asked Boss - "Where'd a guy like you get a good-looking daughter like that? Boss, to his eternal credit, immediately pointed at himself and replied "Chip off the old block!" ;)

popcornbird
04-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

As to Canadians sounding different from Americans...I think the difference is easily remarkable. You Canadians...you all sound so funny! (he he he..come on down and get me, come on!)

You're right Johanna! Canadians all sound so funny! :D

:p;);)Just Kidding.........

He he he

I want to hear Logan's Southern accent sooooooo bad!

Miss Meow
04-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I ADORE a nice Scottish accent - like Ian Hannah or David Coulthard.

I ADORE David Coulthard! ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
04-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I don't notice a difference at all between Americans and Canadians. I'm part Canadian, and have been there a couple times, and can say I don't notice *any* difference between them and us. :p

captain
04-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Irish!

Kater
04-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by lat192004
My all-time least favorite accent is the Local Pidgeon, I have been in Hawaii almost 17 years and can only understand bits and pieces. Major culture-clash here.
Ooooh, I love Hawaiian 'pidgin'! As well as pretty much all the other accents mentioned! Variety is the spice of life!

lat192004, check out this site to learn some pidgin words/phrases : http://www.extreme-hawaii.com/pidgin/vocab/

I hope I'm not a getting a Wisconsin accent! :o

wolf_Q
04-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Canada is a large country. As many have mentioned there's several varieties of an "American" accent, so I bet there's several varieties of a "Canadian" accent too.

So I'm sure there IS a difference, just depending on which variety you're comparing.

Killearn Kitties
04-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Nothing to do with accents, I just have to tell Ally Cat's Mommy and Miss Meow my David Coulthard story.

When he was competing in the Scottish Karting series as a young boy, my husband, Alec, was racing in it as well. Alec wasn't doing it seriously, he had previously raced in the national Formula Ford 1600 series and he and some friends were karting for fun. When David Coulthard was in his senior year and had the sponsorship together to compete in FF1600, he asked Alec for any help or advice he could give him, because Alec was the only person he knew who had raced in the national series. :D

The fact that David Coulthard sought advice from Alec causes no end of amusement in our house. I can only assume he ignored it!

Back on the subject of accents! We had an Australian guy working on a project with us once. I can't remember exactly where he was from, but he had a very gentle accent, nothing over-the-top, but he did say "G'day"! This tickled us no end, because none of us had realised that people actually said that. The girls practically queued up to say Good Morning to him, just so we could hear him say "G'day". One of the girls working with us was called Sheila, but he resisted the temptation to say "G'day Sheila" even though we were all secretly dying to hear it. :D

lynnestankard
04-16-2004, 03:58 AM
Diane (eldest D.,) went over to USA to marry Jason with a normal English accent - now 5 years later she's gotten an American accent!!!
Funny thing is - as soon as she speaks to me, her Dad or her sister - she's English again!!! Jason can always tell when she's recently spoken to us - 'cos his English bride is back again!!!
The very first time I called her at work I asked to speak to Diane Glick and after a little pause heard 'Mum is that you?' I hadn't recognised her American accent!!!
The last time she came over with Jason he was tickled to death - the moment she stepped off the plane - her English accent flooded back!
What makes me giggle is most people say a British accent is their fave., but there are so many different regional accents - Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, London, Devon, Cornwall, Norfolk etc etc etc etc!!! Even we can't understand everyone all the time! :D :D

My favourite? I have to vote for Scottish!:) :)

Lynne

davidpizzica
04-16-2004, 04:11 AM
Some people say that Pittsburghers have a strange accent! When I go out of town, people ask "what kind of accent is that?" We use phrases like "read up my room" and words like 'gumband" and "pop".

Vio&Juni
04-16-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I'm going to set up a 1-900-DIAL-AN-AUSSIE-GUY line and make a fortune out of you lot!

I would lose all my savings on that :D

BTW, I love how Steve Irwin speaks. They show this short video about him on Animal Planet (I think, or is it Discovery?) where he tells about how he met his wife. I love it :)

I like British accents, at least some. I met a Scottish football team about 2 years ago in Chisinau. I couldn't understand A THING of what they were saying :D. Then, I met this really gorgeous, handsome, great Scottish guy, but, unfortunately, because I had to wrinkle my forehead all the time to understand what he was saying... I can't admit to have my forehead wrinkled :p
He told me once that he thinks I am so pretty and I asked What? that was a bit embarrassing :) It sounded like I wanted to hear this once again.

cloverfdx
04-16-2004, 06:53 AM
Southern American :D and Scottish.

Will come back later have to feed the dogs.

Tonya
04-16-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
English or Austrailian. Love listening to them! Sometimes we have English people that rent houses in our county because it's close to Disney World. The other day, woman had to call for an ambulance and I loved her accent. Don't know what this means but she said the guy was "fitting". Anyone know what that means?

He was having a seizure.

NoahsMommy
04-16-2004, 01:03 PM
I love an eloquent British accent. :)

ramanth
04-16-2004, 01:28 PM
This reminds me of my best friends mom. She was born and raised in South Carolina, but settled here in Michigan after marrying hubby.

She has the Michigan accent until she gets on the phone with her relatives. Then her 'southern drawl' is so thick you can barely understand her! :D

Originally posted by lynnestankard
Diane (eldest D.,) went over to USA to marry Jason with a normal English accent - now 5 years later she's gotten an American accent!!!
Funny thing is - as soon as she speaks to me, her Dad or her sister - she's English again!!! Jason can always tell when she's recently spoken to us - 'cos his English bride is back again!!!
The very first time I called her at work I asked to speak to Diane Glick and after a little pause heard 'Mum is that you?' I hadn't recognised her American accent!!!
The last time she came over with Jason he was tickled to death - the moment she stepped off the plane - her English accent flooded back!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Arkansas!

carole
04-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Gosh I think my son better do a stopover in Los Angeles, as alot of you americans like the Australian Accent, since ours is similar, maybe he might attract a few nice american girls, what you think?, maybe the Brits will love his accent too, heres hoping lol.

Vio&Juni
04-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I meant to say, I met Randi in September in Germany at the European Pet Talk Meeting and I LOVED her accent - clear beautiful English :)

Miss Meow
04-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Nothing to do with accents, I just have to tell Ally Cat's Mommy and Miss Meow my David Coulthard story.

Purrrrrrr ;)

I like Scottish accents too, but probably like the overall energy and enthusiasm with which the Scots communicate! :D

ticosmyham
04-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Arkansas!

I'm going to have to go with Arkansas as well because my boyfriend is from arkansas and he just has the cutest little cowboy accent. But i just LOVE british accents too...i walk around the house saying, "Mum, mum wheh ahh yew?" i have fun entertaining my friends with it. :D

Oh, I just remembered another one of my favorites...JAMAICAN!! Ya, mon.

jazzcat
04-16-2004, 11:50 PM
I love Australian accents.

I'm very southern (Tennessee) with quite a drawl. When I took my mother to her 60th class reunion - yes 60th - in Colorado I had many people there come up and ask me to say certain words. At first I felt like they were making fun of me but I got over it and had a good time.

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I ADORE David Coulthard! ;)

Me too - I got THIS close at the Bahrain Grand Prix *sigh*

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/pf3f66a669d0d2e842f1b9a9880b8b364/f8fb647f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/pbd358f6b392e018e6e7a4c34311ae6b2/f8fb644f.jpg

ChrisH
04-17-2004, 09:09 AM
I love any American accent, also Canadian, Scottish, Irish and Australian ones! :)

Originally posted by Lynnestankard
What makes me giggle is most people say a British accent is their fave., but there are so many different regional accents - Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, London, Devon, Cornwall, Norfolk etc etc etc etc!!! Even we can't understand everyone all the time!
So true, Lynne! :D The Scottish and Irish accents can vary a lot too. And here in Wales the north and south sound different, whether speaking Welsh or English! :)

Chris