PDA

View Full Version : soon to be MINE!!! *pics*

lute
04-14-2004, 02:56 PM
i volunteer at the shelter and for the past few weeks there i have been favoring this dog,Scooter. my parents even like him. they say we can't have another dog though.and a big dog is way out of the question! well, my dad came and picked me up today and i had the dog outside agian. when i was inside getting ready to leave he called my mom and said that if no one adoptes him then he wants him.

So, i get in the van and he asks me how much longer he has. i told him he has till friday or saturday. he couldn't believe such a beautiful dog would be put to sleep!!....................so we're going tomarrow to see how Scooter and my dog Beanie get along.if they get along good,then we are going to adopt him!!!!!:D

I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!:D :D :D

here are a few pics of him.
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/IN37/IN37.2740520-1-x.jpg
notice the beautiful blue eyes!
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/IN37/IN37.2740520-2-x.jpg
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/IN37/IN37.2740520-3-x.jpg

BCBlondie
04-14-2004, 02:59 PM
:eek: He's gorgeous!!! Congrats to your very-soon-to-be addition!!!!! :D You must be so very excited!! I hope all goes well when your pups meet. :)

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Wow, he's beautiful! Congrats!

My Peanuts
04-14-2004, 03:14 PM
That is so wonderful. I'll keep my fingers crossed. He is a real cutie. :D

wolfie
04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
He's very handsome! And those eyes!

Congrats! I hope you get him!

lute
04-14-2004, 03:27 PM
i really hope we get him. if we don't adopt him. then he will more then likely be PTS. :(

SandysMom
04-14-2004, 03:43 PM
He is really, really beautiful. I'm surprised no one has adopted him yet!

Congratulations! Hope everything goes well! :)

anna_66
04-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh how beautiful he is! I sure do hope that him and Beanie get along!!!!!
Keep us updated:D

dukedogsmom
04-14-2004, 03:44 PM
He is so beautiful and looks like a very happy dog. I hope no one else takes him so you can have him. I'm sure you'll give him a wonderful home. Just a few more days waiting. Hope it works out ok.

dappledoxie
04-14-2004, 06:29 PM
He is gorgeous! I love those eyes! I hope it all works out and you can save his life. :D

RobiLee
04-14-2004, 06:46 PM
He's stunning! I sure hope things work out. Keep us posted.

Robin :)

4 Dog Mother
04-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Scooter is beautiful. I love those blue eyes. I hope you get to adopt him and save his life! Let us know!

Uabassoon
04-14-2004, 07:11 PM
What a beautiful dog! I hope everything works out :)

delidog
04-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah Lute!!!!!
Scooter is Gorgeous!!!!!!
and looks SOOOO Loving!!!!!

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!!
Let us know how things go!!!!

lizbud
04-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Scooter looks like a wonderful dog. He is so handsome &
his eyes are gorgeous.:) I hope this works out for you & for
Beanie. How old is your other dog Beanie? What's he like?

Foam
04-14-2004, 09:53 PM
He is SO handsome!!! :eek: What a cutie!

ChiRen
04-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Wow!!! He's gorgeous!!

I really hope you get him...then we'd get to see more pictures of that stunning fella! :D

CathyBogart
04-14-2004, 10:27 PM
He's SPECTACULAR!! I can't wait to hear how things go with Beanie!! :eek: Best of luck to everyone!

Tonya
04-14-2004, 11:18 PM
OMG! He is stunning! What kind of dog do you think he is?

jazzcat
04-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Look at those gorgeous blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I so hope everything works out and you can get him. I'll say a prayer.

lute
04-15-2004, 09:51 AM
thanks PTers for all the crossed fingers and prayers! We're going in just a few hours.i could hardly sleep lastnight!

the shelter says he's a shepherd/collie mix...but i think he's got to have some husky in him. look at his eyes.duh!

my dog beanie is a pomerainian. we don't know how old he in because we adopted him. we estimate him to be between 3-6 years old.i think they will get along.although sometimes he gets kinda scared of bigger dogs. it'll be hard,but i'm sure i can share my spoiling equally.lol.

what's even better is on Scooter's card it says he can go home the day he gets adopted!that would be the best!!! y know if we adopt him we don't wanna keep his name Scooter.......names???

CountryWolf07
04-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Here are some names:

Indy (Indiana Jones)
Dodger
Balto
Jake
Quinn

Or you could name him Kramer.. or any character you like from a t.v sitcom show! Just an idea.:D

wolfie
04-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
Here are some names:

Indy (Indiana Jones)

That's a cute name for him!

EssTer
04-15-2004, 10:30 AM
wow!!!!!!! what an awesone dog!!! reallt georgeos..I really hope you're dog will be OK with him and you'll get Scooter! Congrats!

CountryWolf07
04-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by wolfie
That's a cute name for him!

That's the first name I could think of - Indiana Jones always escapes death..well.. Scooter would escape his own..if he gets a home.:D

lute
04-15-2004, 11:31 AM
i like Indiana Jones(Indy). for two reasons.were in indiana and the fact he escapes from certain death.

any other suggestions are very welcome!:D

delidog
04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Well?!?!??!?!?!?
How did it go with Scooter???????
Please let us know.....
All of our Paws are getting tired from keeping them crossed for you & Sweet Scooter!!!!
;) :)

Lissa
04-15-2004, 09:29 PM
He has a lot about him that reminds me of Layla so I can definetly see shepherd and collie, but like you said, those eyes! There has to to husky in there somewhere!
Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Foam
04-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Welllllll.........?????

sabies
04-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Good luck! Hope all goes well and you can give him a home.

lute
04-16-2004, 08:09 AM
im havng mixed emmotions right now. :( :mad:

well,it didnt turn out as good as i had hoped. he is just a tad bit aggressive toward Beanie and dad is afraid that he may attack my 5 yr ld brther. i know different thoug.he's not THAT kind of aggressive. he was excited! you would be to if you were in a kennel for 4 weeks!!!they mostly didnt pay any attention to each other. my dad says he's still thinking about it. so there's still a smidge of hope.Dad just doesn't want to see him die.he said hes let me know this morning.

wolfie
04-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Oh, don't let your dad give up after just one day home!!! :( Dogs take a while to adjust to their new home. Tell your dad that - ask him to give you a week. I'm sure he'll calm down by then.

And as for him getting along with Beanie, do a search in google (http://www.google.com/) for "introducing a new dog" and you'll find lots and lots of pages about introducing a new dog to your resident dog with out trouble.

Good luck, and don't give up!

ramanth
04-16-2004, 08:30 AM
I hope you are able to adopt him.

Scooter is so handsome! I'm a sucker for blue eyes. :D

lute
04-16-2004, 08:45 AM
thanks wolfie, i'll check that right now.

K9soul
04-16-2004, 08:50 AM
It seems like this is happening a lot lately, a lot of people getting new additions and then having problems when they bring them home. There are bound to be a few problems when first bringing a new dog home. I wish people would realize this because it is so heartbreaking to see dogs being returned to the shelters. I know you are aware of all this, but it sounds like your dad isn't as aware.

The link that wolfie posted is a good one. These are things to always think about when introducing a new dog into the home, or even new pet of any kind. The way a dog behaves at the shelter may be completely different from how he or she behaves once they first get into a home environment. Willie and Cody, my RB collies, had problems at first. Cody became aggressive, something he had never ever done before, but this time felt his place was threatened. Willie became hostile towards Devon, my mother-in-law's sheltie, for a short time when we first had to live there for awhile. In all cases things were worked through after a few days and the dogs always became best buddies.

Finally, I just thought I'd throw in here that collies can have blue eyes too! Blue merles or ones with the merle genes in them can have blue eyes. Parnone's Oz has blue eyes just like Scooter's. He is a beautiful pup, and I sure hope and pray things will work out with him.

4 Dog Mother
04-16-2004, 09:49 AM
I would have to agree that seeing how two dogs relate at a shelter is not a sure sign that there would be trouble. Almost always there is a little friction between the new dog and old one. But, and with my having five and each of my daughters having three, it seems to work itself out. Again those articles you were lead to will probably give you good ideas.

The first thing to remember is to make sure the someone is always there watching the interaction between the two dogs. You also have to let both know you are the boss and you will not allow any fighting. I have found that water is a good breaker-upper. In fact, Jack who is the biggest and came to us the oldest is scared to death of a squirt bottle and will run the other way. So if you think there might be trouble, and you uncertain as to how Scooter will react if you try to pull him away, make sure you have some water in a bottle, dish whatever just in case. It is suggested that you introduce them outside anyways.

Also I think one thing that scares a lot of people is that because there is a scuffle they think the dog is mean. That is not necessarily so. Kids fight about things that we don't always understand and so do dogs. Dazzi and Oreo have fought, Jack and Taggert, Dazzi and Jack. Actually I would call them scuffles because no blood was shed - it was just a lot of growling, rolling around and some biting but again no skin broken, no blood. All my dogs are kenneled when we are not home, so I don't have to worry about any fighting when I am not here.

What I guess I am trying to say is to not give up because the first meeting did not go well. That would be a terrible sentence to Scooter. Give him a chance on your home ground, but make sure to separate them if no one is around to keep an eye on them. I think you might be surprised of the outcome and even if they don't become best buds it does not mean they cannot come to an understanding and accept each other. And just because a dog shows aggression to another dog does not mean he will attack a human. I think that Scooter should be given some space and watched when he is around your brother for awhile but there is nothing to say that he may not become your brother's best friend.

I hope your father will at least give it a chance -if Scooter's time is almost up at the shelter, it wouldn't be any meaner to give him a chance at your house and see if it will work and then if it doesn't take him back to the shlelter. It will at least buy him a few days, a week, a month, forever.

lute
04-16-2004, 10:43 AM
thanks you guys!

i said to my dad that maybe we should try him out and see what happens. he said"you don't TRY it out.we'll either get him or not." i know my dad doesn't understand the whole dog thing. he's never been a dog person,but ever since i've started working at the shelter he loves them now.

he loves scooter and said he would do a lot to prevent him from being killed,but he doesn't want to take a chance. i will talk to him more......oh i know!......i'll talk to him more about the outcome....how bout this?.....

"i just dont want to know that he's been put on a table,had a needle shoved into him,wait a few mins till he's dead then put into a bag and set into a freezer till he's thrown into a landfill."

i'll see how that works. my dad is one of those you just have to give it to him straight!

thanks agian for all your help! his last day is saturday or this evening!!!so i have to work quick!:( :mad: :( :mad:

Canis Amicus
04-16-2004, 12:38 PM
He will be a bless in your life.

Congratulations!

My Peanuts
04-16-2004, 01:54 PM
When we adopted Harley we had to keep a gate up for a week because Sylvia would just walk past and he'd growl. The picture in my sig was taken about a week after they met. Dogs can change pretty quickly and they are best friends now. I still have my fingers crossed for Scooter.

G.P.girl
04-16-2004, 03:20 PM
oh i hope he adjusts to living with you! he's beautiful by the way

lute
04-16-2004, 03:56 PM
:( :( it's a no go:( :(

there's just no changing my dad's mind. i even had him out when he came to pick me up from the shelter today. then i talked to him agian.he feels really bad that it's not gonna work out.he's just scared he's gonna attack the neighbor kids and my 5 year old brother.

so unless he's adopted by this time tomarrow.....he's dead:(

thanks for the help anyways.there will be another i'm sure.

aly
04-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Can't you adopt him and find a home for him yourself? You could keep him away from your brother and dog in the meantime. It will take some juggling, but it would save his life.

lute
04-16-2004, 04:18 PM
i tried that and i asked if we could foster him. my dad just doesn't understand!

i even asked a young couple if they were intrested in him.they looked at him and said he looked too mean. it's because of his eyes. his eyes make him look mean!

:( i don't know what to do. if anyone knows of a rescue that can get him out of there real FAST.please let them know about him. ASAP!

i said goodbye to him today knowing it'll more then likely be the ast time i see him.:( i had to eave quick though to keep myself from bursting with tears. i told him i loved him and i can't wait to see him on the other side,but told him i would NEVER forget him.:( :( :(
ok i'm crying now. i gtg.

lizbud
04-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Lute,

I am so very sorry. You tried your best for Scooter.:(

delidog
04-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Oh Lute & Scooter!!!
I am SOOO Sorry!!!!
I hope that Someone comes and adopts him tomorrow...He DOES NOT look mean at all!!!!
In your pics he is Smiling!!!!!!!
I really hope someone takes him....
Breaks my heart!!!!
And Yours!!!!!
He looks like a wonderful dog!!!!!!
and he looks like a Great Kids' Dog!!!!

Hugs Dear Scooter!!!!!!!!!
Please get Adopted Tomorrow!!!!

lute
04-16-2004, 10:47 PM
thanks.
he is a great kids dog. he's very friendly. i am so happy that i have beanie to snuggle or i would be miserable right now. knowing scooter's outcome,just rips me apart.:( :( :(

i have got to get used to it though if i'm going to continue to work at the shelter. i know there will be other dogs like this.:(