PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Miss Meow!

PJ's Mom
04-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Our package came all the way from Australia! It had all kinds of goodies in it.

Look!!:

http://sning.net/candy.jpg

Peej helped me open the box, and didn't mind that there wasn't anything in it for him. He was quite happy eating the bubble wrap. :D (R.I.P bubble wrap)

I don't know what to eat first. It's a good thing the calories are in metric. I don't have to worry about them that way. :D

Miss Meow
04-14-2004, 04:38 PM
BTW, I didn't send her a mobile phone ;) :D

Enjoy the power of the Polly Waffle!

PJ's Mom
04-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Enjoy the power of the Polly Waffle!

I'm saving that for when I'm alone with my book! :D Rottie wanted it, but I shooed her away. :D

Rottieluver45
04-14-2004, 07:07 PM
mmmmm.....:D

Thank you!!

shais_mom
04-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
BTW, I didn't send her a mobile phone ;) :D

I was wondering!! ;););) :p:p:p
Good Job Nicole!

Vio&Juni
04-15-2004, 03:46 AM
he-he, I see the Vegemite :)

PJ's Mom
04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
I still haven't worked up the nerve to try the vegemite yet, but the Polly Waffle is to die for! :D

Rottieluver45
04-18-2004, 01:49 PM
YUCK!!!! Vegimite isn`t that good. :D But everything else was great!

captain
04-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Let me give you a "Vegemite hint".

On Toast :

SMOTHER the toast with Butter or Margarine
THEN
Take a small "swipe" of the vegemite, and spread it on. You MUST ABSOLUTELY NOT spread it thick .............. because then even I don't like it!!!!

You should just see the vegemite on the toast ........ YUMMY!!!

Miss M,
Gee, I forgot other people don't know what a Polly Waffle is. Where is the Wagon Wheel???

Miss Meow
04-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by captain
Let me give you a "Vegemite hint".

On Toast :

SMOTHER the toast with Butter or Margarine
THEN
Take a small "swipe" of the vegemite, and spread it on. You MUST ABSOLUTELY NOT spread it thick .............. because then even I don't like it!!!!

You should just see the vegemite on the toast ........ YUMMY!!!

Miss M,
Gee, I forgot other people don't know what a Polly Waffle is. Where is the Wagon Wheel???

I'll give you a Vegemite hint: Chuck it in the bin and buy a jar of Nutella instead ;)

Damn, forgot the Wagon Wheel! What was I thinking? I thought I was pretty good to remember the Golden Rough and Fruit Tingles, but forgot the Wagon Wheel and the much maligned Mint Patty!!! :D

wolf_Q
04-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Oooo some interesting stuff there! I want some Aussie goodies!

So what's a wagon wheel?

Miss Meow
04-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Oooo some interesting stuff there! I want some Aussie goodies!

So what's a wagon wheel?

We should do a swap!

I can't find a pic, but a Wagon Wheel is two flat, round biscuits, with a thin layer of raspberry spread and marshmallow in the middle. Then it's dipped in chocolate :) But they have been getting thinner and smaller in recent years - not good enough!

slleipnir
04-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Hah, I was wondering about the phone too XD

Mmm, that polly thingie sounds good..:p

wolf_Q
04-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Hmm those wagon wheels sound pretty good, too bad they are skimping and making them smaller. ;)

I'd love to do a swap with you! I can't think of anything interesting from the US to send, if you know of anything I'll get it for you!

Miss Meow
04-18-2004, 11:59 PM
No worries, that'll be fun :) Captain and I have been talking, and we can try to do combined swaps.

I don't think PJ's Mom or Rottie have opened the Peppermint Crisp yet, otherwise they'd have posted ... I've got the mid-afternoon munchies and I keep scrolling up to drool over it! :o

captain
04-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Peppermint Crisp!!!!! Yum YUM YUM!!!

Miss Meow - Have you ever done the "Glass of Milk and a Peppermint Crisp" slam? Like a Tim Tam Slam .........

YUP - count me in on the swop thingo!!!

As for the munchies, I have everyone here in the office wanting a Wagon Wheel .........

Miss Meow
04-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by captain
Peppermint Crisp!!!!! Yum YUM YUM!!!

Miss Meow - Have you ever done the "Glass of Milk and a Peppermint Crisp" slam? Like a Tim Tam Slam .........

No, but it sounds fun! I like to make chocolate and peppermint crisp ice cream in mum and dad's ice cream maker. Yummmmmm :)

cloverfdx
04-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Awww im hungry now ;)

That was a great package you recieved. But where are the Milky ways. ?

Time for some toast and Vegemite :D *Yummmm*

Anyone want sovereign Hill lollys and tofee's Miss Meow, Captain??

Sovereign Hill link (http://http://www.australia.travelmall.com/travelmall/attraction/Goldfields%20(VIC)/Sovereign%20Hill)

lynnestankard
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Little hint here from the land of Marmite - - - also applies to Vegemite.

Soften the butter in a bowl and add about a teaspoon of Marmite or Vegemite - mix until all blended - then butter your hot toast with it!! Gorgeous!! And never too strong.
You'll have to sort out your own butter/Marmite ratio. But once you do - it makes a messy job so easy!!:D

Lynne

PS Just off for some Marmite toast and a cup of tea - I'm peckish!!

captain
04-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Little hint here from the land of Marmite - - - also applies to Vegemite.

Soften the butter in a bowl and add about a teaspoon of Marmite or Vegemite - mix until all blended - then butter your hot toast with it!! Gorgeous!! And never too strong.
You'll have to sort out your own butter/Marmite ratio. But once you do - it makes a messy job so easy!!:D

Lynne

PS Just off for some Marmite toast and a cup of tea - I'm peckish!!

Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!!

clover - link doesn't work!!! Yum, toffee!!!