PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it Thursday yet? or #50

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Hello???? (rattles door knob. It swings open!)
Anyone here yet?
Guess not! Guess I'll have a coke and heat these sweet rolls in the oven.

(the door squeaks and in comes.......)

:D

trayi52
04-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Me, begging for Thursdays to begin!! Need Thursday really, really bad and lots of it!!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Me, begging for Thursdays to begin!! Need Thursday really, really bad and lots of it!! Me too! That's why I was here early. I always seem to miss the opening.

Grab a chair and I'll get you and Mario a beer and here's a plate of sweet rolls, if you are so inclined. I'm sure Mario will want to try the cherry filled ones.:D

RICHARD
04-14-2004, 12:46 PM
lol,

I knew that spare key would come in handy...

It's kinda cool this morning.... Fire anyone?

DONE!

trayi52
04-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh, thank you, thank you! Sounds great! I am in such a mood this morning! Thinking about going back to bed and just pulling the covers over my head! Kids! You just can't please them...

slick
04-14-2004, 01:31 PM
**says to self **

I will not have another bad day.

I will not have another bad day.

I will try and have a good day........

WHOA!!!! The bar is open. Today is a good day!!!!:)

Let me get the wood for the fire and go out to the kitchen and see what's for lunch.

Hi MOFF
Hi Willie
Hi Richard

trayi52
04-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi Slick! I think I will practice that chant! Maybe it will work for me too. Sounds like a good chant, so I will try that. In the meantime, I guess something really strong would help me practice a lot better!

No, not a strong man, a strong drink!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
**Waves**

Hi Everybody! I was wondering when the bar would open too. I've been kinda busy this week, but one can't ever be too busy for good drink, good food and good friends, so even though busy, I've been looking forward to the opening of the bar this week. :D

I've just broken my vow not to have any more Coke, so I'll take whatever the DOTD is - as long as it's not too sweet and sugary. Slick, anything in there to eat? <heads into kitchen>

RICHARD
04-14-2004, 03:32 PM
LOL,

I have the world's most miserable headache at the moment.....

Let's just do martinis and gimlets today???

Shaken and Stirred!

Hi slick......

Is there any shrimp in the fridge? I wanna shrimp cocktail....all the talk about shrimp in the curtain rods and shrimp for the kitties has me in a seafood mood....

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Party...party..party....

Tomorrow is my last day at my old job WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! Really I just have to stop in, pick up my check, carry out theboxes from my desk and be on my way. I am soooo glad to me moving on. Drinks on me!!!

slick
04-14-2004, 03:34 PM
**bumps head backing out of the cupboard**

Ouch!!!!!! Hi Debbie. There's slim pickins around here today. All I can find is junk food. Nachos, potato chips, peanuts and in the fridge there is only some pop and juice. Looks like I'll have to make a trip to the store for tomorrow.

Let's see now, what shall we include on the shopping list??

Richard: seafood??? I see food and I eat it. :D :D Sorry, no shimp but I'll put it on the list along with some cocktail sauce.

catland
04-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone. Gee, I don't know where all the food went - Mario hasn't been hiding it in the L&F again, has he? Wait - there's some Doritos up in the rafters next to the <ahem> - well, never mind.

Get Richard a bottle of Excedrin (unless its a sinus headache, then pick up some Sudafed).

As for groceries, lets see - how about some lettuce and tomatos and 1000 island dressing - then I'll bring over my leftover ham and dyed eggs from easter and we can have chef salads.:D

If that doesn't sound good - lets get some Maine lobster flown in since Richard is in a See-food mood.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by slick
**bumps head backing out of the cupboard**

Ouch!!!!!! Hi Debbie. There's slim pickins around here today. All I can find is junk food. Nachos, potato chips, peanuts and in the fridge there is only some pop and juice. Looks like I'll have to make a trip to the store for tomorrow.

*GASP* JUNK FOOD?
That's what I live on!!! Specially Nachos!:eek: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Mmm....chef's salad sounds good. Caesar salad sounds good too. Awww hell, ANY kind of salad sounds good right now - I'm hungry! ;)

How 'bout some cajun spices for that shrimp, that sounds yummy too. We were in a little rinky dink town in Indiana a few weeks back and I had fome of the best shrimp I've ever had in my life. They called it Shrimp Scampi, but it wasn't like the Shrimp Scampi I've had before. I don't know what kind of seasoning they used on this, but hey char grilled it and boy was it yummy! Terry had gotten the all-you-can-eat Friday fish fry, and I was wishing they had all you can eat shrimp - Mmmmm-m, my stomach is growling at the thought of it! ;)

What else do we need, how bout some french fries and I know MOFF loves her onion rings, so we should probably get some of those too. Cheddar fries are the best, along with a good ol' Chicago Hot Dog...

Ok, I gotta stop, I'm just way too hungry.

Miss Meow
04-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Cincy's Mom, I'm so envious! Have a great last day and make yourself the envy of your former co-workers by having a huge smile on your face all day ;)

I don't know what I feel like, but I'm in a bad mood and want something in a big round glass, with an umbrella and cherry!

RICHARD
04-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

I don't know what I feel like, but I'm in a bad mood and want something in a big round glass, with an umbrella and cherry!

join the crowd!

Mai Tai????:D

slick
04-14-2004, 04:48 PM
OK, I'm writing everything down. Gee, tomorrow we'll be feasting on scrump-delicious food. :D

Richard: Your tie looks just fine. :D :D

RICHARD
04-14-2004, 04:52 PM
OK, I'm writing everything down. Gee, tomorrow we'll be feasting on scrump-delicious food. :D

Richard: Your tie looks just fine. :D :D

Who is the blonde girl, the actress...reese something......she just killed her husband.........stabbed him to death!

G.P.girl
04-14-2004, 05:23 PM
hey guys! it's cold here today. we're on spring break so i've been really bored all week. but now that everyones here....

i love Dori! (i'm watching finding nemo now...)

lizbud
04-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

How 'bout some cajun spices for that shrimp, that sounds yummy too. We were in a little rinky dink town in Indiana a few weeks back and I had fome of the best shrimp I've ever had in my life. They called it Shrimp Scampi, but it wasn't like the Shrimp Scampi I've had before. I don't know what kind of seasoning they used on this, but hey char grilled it and boy was it yummy! Terry had gotten the all-you-can-eat Friday fish fry, and I was wishing they had all you can eat shrimp - Mmmmm-m, my stomach is growling at the thought of it! ;)

Ok, I gotta stop, I'm just way too hungry.

T & P's Mom, If you happen to remember the name of that little "rinky dink" town, could you let me know what it is? That
Scrimp dish sounds great.:)

Cincy's Mom, CONGRATULATIONS :D

RedHedd
04-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Who is the blonde girl, the actress...reese something......she just killed her husband.........stabbed him to death! Who? Reese Whitherspoon? Can't find anything on the 'net ... must be someone else.

Corinna
04-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Reese Witherspoon? I haven't heard that one yet?
Oh hey Hi every one just got home from work.
I have some left over King salmon that I bbq for easter.
Hey does anynoe here know of a member that lives in western washington( Tucwila I think ) that is a husky rescue? My boss says her cousin is a member here just wondering who it was. Nancy is a terriffic boss the best I have ever worked for.
I guess I'll take a diet lime coke please.

RICHARD
04-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Reese Witherspoon?

No, with her KNIFE, silly. ;)

Diet Lime Coke, DONE!

catland
04-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Stabbed him huh? What then, slice him into little bits? Would that make him Reese's pieces?

RICHARD
04-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by catland
Stabbed him huh? What then, slice him into little bits? Would that make him Reese's pieces?

Touche'!!!!

lololololol, It's a joke.......

trayi52
04-14-2004, 07:02 PM
OMG! I thought you were serious! But no your Richard!;)

A beer sounds good, let Mario have one too. :D

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Cincy's Mom, I'm so envious! Have a great last day and make yourself the envy of your former co-workers by having a huge smile on your face all day ;)

I

I've been doing that since I put in my notice two and a half weeks ago!!! Tomorrow is going to be a short day...I'll probblly only go in for an hour or two, but after work we are all going to Ground Round...Thursday's they have 22 oz Long Island Ice Teas for $2.99 in 14 different flavors. ...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
T & P's Mom, If you happen to remember the name of that little "rinky dink" town, could you let me know what it is? That
Scrimp dish sounds great.:)

It was Decatur, IN. And they have two places to eat in town (that we found anyway). One was a steak joint - Back 40 or Junction 40 or something like that, with a train station theme - and the other was a fish joint but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. It's on the same street as the other one, just a bit further down. Terry said the all-you-can-eat fish was delicious too, so I would definitely recommend the place.

Cincy's Mom - Congratulations!!! I envy you soooo much, the only thing is I don't want another job to go to. I just want to take off in the motorhome and be done with all this already. ;) :D

I'll take one of those 22 oz long island ice teas to help you celebrate. Just the plain basic flavor will do fine. :D

Corinna
04-14-2004, 11:31 PM
geez Richard you are such a jokster, I was looking at every news site I could find. :mad: :D
T&P Mom hope you bring that motor home to Montana, Just remember you can't take anything larger than a van on the going to the sun poad. They do have the red jammers back and other tours you can take . They are lots of fun (so I have Been toldyou don't get much time to take them . If your local you have stuff to do on days off. the summer folk get more time than we do) E-mail me if you are going so I can meet you if its a thursday or friday I can show you around. Yes my terriffic boss worked it out so I can have Thursday and Fridays off so I will be able to keep up on my bar tab

Cincy'sMom
04-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Cincy's Mom - Congratulations!!! I envy you soooo much, the only thing is I don't want another job to go to. I just want to take off in the motorhome and be done with all this already. ;) :D

I'll take one of those 22 oz long island ice teas to help you celebrate. Just the plain basic flavor will do fine. :D

Thanks!! I'm with you on not wanting the other job to go to....but Ihave to help support the dog's in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed!

It's early...think I'll make a screwdriver to start the morning off...anyone else?

Corinna
04-15-2004, 07:07 AM
good morning Thought I'd be the only one here this early.I'm makimg a cup of cocoa anyone else?

robinh
04-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Good morning! I'd love a cup of cocoa. Sure wish this was Friday. I get to be out of the office tomorrow doing a meeting site tour. Supposed to be about 80 and I'll be out and about. What a perfect way to spend a Friday.

What's happening with everyone else?

dukedogsmom
04-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Slaving away at a radio but it's much better than answering the phones! Got a headache that won't quit. How about a bloody mary? That ought to take care of it. Hope everyone's day goes well, and quick!!

slick
04-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone. Can someone help me unload the groceries please??

I've got everthing for a traditional breakfast feast along with some lunch fixin's. Didn't forget about Richard's shrimp. Gosh I hope he's in a "see-food" mood today too.

Cataholic
04-15-2004, 09:16 AM
For the first time in a long time..we had no foul weather greeting us this am! It should reach a high of 65, sans rain. What a lovely day to be stuck in the office!

I would like a skim decaf latte, please....

slick
04-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Ok folks, breakfast is up.

There's waffles and pancakes with every kind of syrup imaginable.
There's eggs any style with either Canadian Bacon or sausage or ham, or all three for the hungry people :D
There's omlettes with whatever you want to put inside.
There's Texas Toast or regular brown or white bread.
There's a Hash Brown Casserole with cheese and onion.
There's croissants.
There's a big bowl of fruit.
There's even cereal. :D
I even made some cinnamon rolls......MMMMMMMM

Dig in. That should keep you going until lunchtime.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2004, 10:05 AM
MMmmmm......Slick, I'll have at least one of everything! You sure put on a good spread, we should send you to the store more often. ;)

Yep, gonna be a nice day here too. I'll definitely have to go to lunch just to get out of this cave I work in. Can you believe I still have the heater on under my desk? :rolleyes:

So far it looks like I'm going to have a pretty slow day here, so that means lots of time for PT and the Thursday group! :D

Mario, come sit with me and have some breakfast before you start in on the beer.

Cincy'sMom
04-15-2004, 10:43 AM
All the food sounds wonderful Slick!! Need some help cooking?

I did my last two hours today, and now I'm off til I start my new job Monday. It is 60, sunny, and I think I'm going to take the doggies for a long walk!!

RICHARD
04-15-2004, 11:27 AM
GOOD MORNING.

Tray,
two beers- Hi Mario!
DONE!

T&P
Long Island tea...
DONE!

CM,
Screwdriver, DONE!

Cat,
Skim decaf latte.
DONE!

DDM,
A BM!
DONE.

Robin,
Cocoa, DONE!

It's a beautiful day.....Tax day, too!!
And I am stuck indoors!!!

I'll make a trip outside to send my income tax check......I owe Ahrnold..........

Four dollars!!!!!

gini
04-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Slick, let me give you some money towards all of the food. I am stuffed - thanks - it was delicious.

Thursdays................when you walk in the door...

There is plenty of food.
Everyone is in a good mood.
No one has a headache.
It is everyone's last day at work.
The weather is sunny or cold if you want a fire.
We all have time for each other.
No aches or pains here (until the morning after).

The only thing that is a bit wierd are the noises that
come out of the L & F.

I would like a Long Island Iced Tea, please. If you order a second one of those you have to ask for a LOOOONNNNNGGGG
ISLAAAAANNNNNDDD - because it is difficult to pronounce much of anything after just one.

Come on everyone, pull those covers off of your head and let's party! Look Mario is dancing! What does he have on his head???

sirrahved
04-15-2004, 11:45 AM
It was Decatur, IN. And they have two places to eat in town (that we found anyway). One was a steak joint - Back 40 or Junction 40 or something like that, with a train station theme - and the other was a fish joint but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. It's on the same street as the other one, just a bit further down. Terry said the all-you-can-eat fish was delicious too, so I would definitely recommend the place.

Be glad you didn't go to Back 40 Junction... It's really expensive. I mean REALLY. 20 dollars a person expensive!

G.P.girl
04-15-2004, 11:54 AM
good morning everyone! i just woke up...*sighs* ahhhhh the lazy life of a lazy child on spring break....lol i'll have a glass of milk to go with my drowned in syrup eggo waffles please:)

lbaker
04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Tummy has been a little queezy so maybe some regular tea (but what the heck, slide a little kicker of some kind in there ;) ). Mario dear, what IS that you are wearing on your head :eek: I know how everyone attacks the shrimp so I took a chance and brought an extra pound or so... already steamed but didn't have time to peel 'em. First day in ages we have seen sun and maybe will get up to 66 or so. Yeah, yeah, yeah S Californian's - I know - big whoop but hey, I'll take it.

gini
04-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Laurie, it is currently 60 degrees and very overcast...........no sun and kinda chilly.

Hope your tummy is better........

Yeah Richard, I understand,

"I OWE, I OWE, IT'S OFF TO WORK I GO"

Let me think this over - I have to work so I can support my government - until May what?

Mario get over here and let me get that thing off of your head!

Cincy'sMom
04-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
Be glad you didn't go to Back 40 Junction... It's really expensive. I mean REALLY. 20 dollars a person expensive!

Spoken like a person who doesn't like to eat!!! Sure $20/person is alot for one meal, but we have spent close to $100/person ion occasion...places like Emeril's, Fulton's Crab Shack....we don't do it often, but on vacation, it is all about the food!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
but we have spent close to $100/person ion occasion...
Ouch! Now I see why you need to go to the new job on Monday. ;) :p :D

"I OWE, I OWE, IT'S OFF TO WORK I GO"
I saw a Mercedes Benz this morning with the license plate "Still Payn" Must have been spelled different because that's too many letters, but that's what it meant. And I thought, yeah you're still payn, that's what you get when you buy a Mercedes. ;) :D

Thursdays................when you walk in the door...

"It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Making love to his tonic and gin

I heard this song yesterday shortly after coming to Thursdays and I thought it was appropriate.
Click here (http://www.billyjoel.com/discography/PianoMan.html) for the rest of the words to this Billy Joel song.

Don't know who that old guy is sitting next to me, but didn't Richard say he was up for something with Gin in it this week? ;) :D

Careful Gini, I think whatever that is on Mario's head came from the L & F, it might be toxic. Here, put these rubber gloves on first. Mario sweetie, you're a marvelous dancer, but could you stand still for a minute so Gini can get that thing off your head?

Cincy'sMom
04-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Ouch! Now I see why you need to go to the new job on Monday. ;) :p :D

What can I say? If there is a city we have visted, we can tell you thebest places to eat...and of course the cost/person generally includes drinks, appetizers, dessert....the full expereince!!
[/b]

"It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Making love to his tonic and gin

I heard this song yesterday shortly after coming to Thursdays and I thought it was appropriate.

Great song!!! I love Billy Joel's music. I'm really hoping "Moving Out" will come to the area so we can see it.

[/B]

slick
04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Laurie, those little shrimpies look wonderful. Thanks for bringing them along. Sorry you are not feeling well.

My my, you folks sure did a number on those waffles. Was it you GP??? Guess I'll get busy and clean up the dishes.

Thanks for the offer Gini, but this one is on me. I got my tax refund last week so can afford it.

Any chance of getting one of those super looonnnnnggg Island Iced Teas? I've never had one before. Thanks.

Mario, get that lampshade off your head. It belongs to Richard. :D ;)

lbaker
04-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Lookout Gini, if Mario keeping spinning around on the dance floor like a whirling dervish he's likely to get dizzy and toss up his eggs and beer :eek: ewwwwww, Mario :o

sirrahved
04-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Not spoken by a person who doesn't like to eat.... spoken by a person who has a hubby in seminary! This year we were even below the poverty line *rolls eyes* Thank the Lord for student loans!

RICHARD
04-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by gini

I would like a Long Island Iced Tea, please. If you order a second one of those you have to ask for a LOOOONNNNNGGGG
ISLAAAAANNNNNDDD - because it is difficult to pronounce much of anything after just one.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!

Sirrhaved,

In lost angeles 20 bucks gets you valet parking.:rolleyes: :( :eek: :confused: :mad:

GP,
vacation, what's that??:p
Milk.......DONE!

Laurie,
Tea......DONE!

T&P,
That's my hobby!!
Reading license plates!
CM,
Is it still fine dining when you have to look up to order??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Devon, I don't remember seeing you at Thursdays before, have you been properly welcomed? I sure hope we're not falling down on our duties here just because we're so mesmerized by the site of Mario doing his best John Travolta impression. ;)

Oh, and not to worry about that poverty line thing. Here at Richard's everyone's a millionaire and $100.00 a person meals are the norm - especially when Slick is buying. ;)

gini
04-15-2004, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RICHARD
[B]

Sirrhaved,

In lost angeles 20 bucks gets you valet parking.:rolleyes: :( :eek: :confused: :mad:

And that is just about what it costs at the new Los Angeles
Cathedral.

gini
04-15-2004, 01:15 PM

Any chance of getting one of those super looonnnnnggg Island Iced Teas? I've never had one before. Thanks.

Slick, of course, just keep in mind that they are delicious and very SNEAKY!

Richard's lamp shade, Oh Mario - just look what you have done to it.

Who gave Mario and iced tea - Loonngg Islaaand style?

trayi52
04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Well so there you are Mario, he's been watching 'Saturday Night Fever', and was really impressed with all the dancing.

Welcome Devon! :)

What has Mario got on his head? A beer sounds good today, with something to eat, haven't ate all day. Just drank some coffee. Might as well give Mario a beer too, to go with his Monkey biscuit.

Cincy'sMom
04-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
Not spoken by a person who doesn't like to eat.... spoken by a person who has a hubby in seminary! This year we were even below the poverty line *rolls eyes* Thank the Lord for student loans!

I should have not said does not like to eat...I should have said someone who will forgo visiting theme parks, brining home souveniers and or spending any other money on vacation to spend it all in the resteraunts!!

I remember those days, of depending on student loans for food (and i'm still paying them off!!)...but I got smart and lived with engineering majors who were forced to co-op to graduated (and got paid well to do it!). We often had steak and crab legs for dinner. Not the typical colllege student fair at all!!!

RICHARD
04-15-2004, 02:33 PM
New cathederal offers $3M private crypts
Chuck Shepherd

The 12-story, earthquake-proof, $190 million Roman Catholic Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels was dedicated in Los Angeles in September, celebrated not only for the obligatory gift shop ($24.99 for house chardonnay), the ATM, and the $12-a-day parking garage, but for the private crypts underneath at prices of $50,000 to $3 million. ("(That's) kind of like selling sky boxes," said a Notre Dame theology professor; a Loyola Marymount University professor defended the steep price, saying, "I don't think that the poor are terribly worried about where they are going to be buried.")
-----------------
Tray,
Two more beers, Done!

Gini,

LLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG TTTTTTTEEEEEEAAAAAAA,
DONE!

catland
04-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

...but I got smart and lived with engineering majors who were forced to co-op to graduated (and got paid well to do it!). We often had steak and crab legs for dinner. Not the typical colllege student fair at all!!!

:( :( I married the wrong engineering student - we never ate like that!

G.P.girl
04-15-2004, 03:56 PM
i''l help you with the dishes slick, that is..if your not already done. :P anyone want some of my Campbell's Cream of Broccoli soup? it's my favorite (other than cream of mushroom and clam chowder and split pea soup)

slick
04-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
i''l help you with the dishes slick,
Thanks GP but the cleaup duties are done for now.

Richard.....still waiting for my LIIT.....:o

G.P.girl
04-15-2004, 04:18 PM
oh darn...*cough cough* and i was so looking forward to cleaning....oh well! maybe next time!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2004, 04:26 PM
New cathederal offers $3M private crypts
Chuck Shepherd

The 12-story, earthquake-proof, $190 million Roman Catholic Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
-----------------
Yahoo.com has a story from an "expert" warning California to get ready for "the big one" (earthquake that is) again.

Seems like they've been expecting it to fall into the ocean since the 60s. I hope they continue to be wrong.
:eek:

gini
04-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
oh darn...*cough cough* and i was so looking forward to cleaning....oh well! maybe next time!;)

If everyone here is having Long Island Iced Tea - I bet your kind offer to help clean up in the morning would be more than welcome!:D

G.P.girl
04-15-2004, 04:39 PM
lol i'm sure there'll be plenty to clean then...:D

RICHARD
04-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Seems like they've been expecting it to fall into the ocean since the 60s. I hope they continue to be wrong.
:eek:

A trip to the beach would be alot shorter should this happen......;)

Slick,
Didn't I get you earlier???

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!

slick
04-15-2004, 04:52 PM
If everyone here is having Long Island Iced Tea - I bet your kind offer to help clean up in the morning would be more than welcome!:D

*ahem* And just what is that supposed to mean???? (hic...) :D ;)
Are you trying to say (hic hic) that we make a mess (hic) when we drink (hic......)????

Miss Meow
04-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Did I hear cinnamon scroll? Are there any left?

I'd love a cinn scroll, with a hot chocolate, and maybe a glass of Frangelico on the side :) Bliss:)

G.P.girl
04-15-2004, 05:51 PM
i'd love a cinnamon scroll too. i'm trying to decide if i should raid my eater basket now...i was trying to save it for when school started so i could take it to school. but now i've decided to eat it all now...you know it's funny how nice guys are to you when i have somethign they want...lol with most of them it's like we don't usually talk that much, but when i take my Pixy Stix to school then they tell me they love me and i'm thier best friend...heehee lol:rolleyes: :p

RICHARD
04-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Slick,

have another!

Done!

MM,

Ah,Frangelico.....I keep forgetting you have summer down there....

'SIN' roll, cocoa and Frangelico, DONE!

GP,

No pixy stix until you have dinner!:rolleyes:

Cinnamon roll!

DONE!

G.P.girl
04-15-2004, 07:51 PM
GP,

No pixy stix until you have dinner!:rolleyes:

awww c'mon! just one? ;) fine...i'll settle for my Reeses eggs

slick
04-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Oh, my head.....

What happened last night and what's in those LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG TEEEEEEAAAASSS?

I feel just as bad as when they were serving those Poinsettias!!!

Well, I guess I'd better so a little cleanup, but first, a little "hair of the dog". One BM coming up.

AWWWW, look at Laurie and Mario all curled up on the couch beside the fireplace. They look so cute and snuggly.

lbaker
04-16-2004, 09:08 AM
*zzzzzzzzzz snirk harumph zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* nudge nudge WWWWHHHHHAAAAATTT??? wuzza? whaaazaa? *rolls over and pulls covers over collective heads*

slick
04-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Sorry Laurie, didn't mean to disturb you.........go back to sleep. :)

**pats Mario on the head**
GOOOOODDDD MMMMORRRRNNNING MMMMARRRRIOOOO!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 09:38 AM
'Morning everybody! Ooops, didn't mean to yell Laurie. 'Morning everybody!

I'll take one of those BM's Slick, let me go get the broom and help you clean up. I think I saw it near the L & F yesterday. Come look for me if I'm not back in 1/2 an hour, you know how that L & F can be. :rolleyes: :D

Cincy'sMom
04-16-2004, 10:15 AM
BM sounds good to me too! I decided to try some of the more adventerous flavors of long islands last night...grape (tasted like a grape popsicle) and apple ( not too bad!) And surprsingly I feel good today anyway!!

slick
04-16-2004, 10:18 AM
HI CM, HI Debbie:

2 BM's DONE!

CM, could you please check out the L & F. Debbie is not back yet and I'm worried....thanks.

Cincy'sMom
04-16-2004, 10:21 AM
I take a peak and see if I can find her....

gini
04-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Good morning everyone - I feel pretty good this morning - let me help clean up.

Laurie? You say "snirk" in the morning? SNIRK?? Good grief!

I am going to make eggs benedict this morning.......anyone want some?

G.P.girl
04-16-2004, 11:05 AM
good morning everyone! i feel fine (probably because i'm a minor and i can't drink yet.....) so! what's for breakfast? i'm hungry! anyone...hmmm....oh oh i know! we should get Starbucks scones! love those! oh you know what i heard??? that the reason so many people like starbucks so much and always go there is because they put way more caffiene in there than other places (59% more than 7-11 and 29% more than Foldgers) and so it's like peopel feel like they have to have starbucks because the other coffees don't give them the same caffeine rush. i thought that was so wierd....but pretty smart of starbucks

RICHARD
04-16-2004, 11:06 AM

Snirk: verb:
1. To be caught unaware.

2. confusion; still asleep.

Laurie snirked when she was suddenly awakened.

Logan
04-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Good morning everyone - I feel pretty good this morning - let me help clean up.

I am going to make eggs benedict this morning.......anyone want some?

Gini, I have had two new "takes" on Eggs Benedict in recent months........southern style, I guess. One had shrimp and a delicious Jalapeno sauce with it. The other was lump crab meat, covered with Hollandaise. If I can have either of those, I'm there!!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 11:15 AM
<stumbles out of L & F room, wiping cob webs out of hair>

Whew!! Here I am, made it out of there alive thank goodness! Wouldn't want to have to call the paramedics again. What, Slick is on the phone with them right now? Oh oh..... ;)

Didn't find the broom though. I think I found remains like a stray few straws and a stump of a handle....so what, is the L & F devouring our cleaning supplies now? ;)

I'll have another BM, Slick. It's really quiet here again today. Supposed to be almost 80 so I think a lot of people suddenly got sick. Traffic was extra extra light today too. Aaaaachoo! Oh, oh, I think I'm catching it too, better head home.....;)

slick
04-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Glad you made it out of there alive Debbie. It's pretty scary back there isn't it?? Speaking about scary, look at Mario's hair :D :D It's all sticking up like a Afro. Too funny. Come here Mario and let me straighten you out. I see Laurie is still asleep. :eek: With all this noise going on???

Eggs benny???? I'll have a couple and another BM to go with it. MMMMMMMMM.

lbaker
04-16-2004, 11:32 AM
If Slick can *snort* I can *snirk* HUMPH ;) Eggs Benedict with lump crab meat and Hollandaise is a specialty of mine and I just happened to pick up some jumbo lump fresh from the Chesapeake Bay. Let me in the kitchen and someone pour some of that Starbucks :D Mario will join us in a few, he's taking a shower and freshening up out back. Afro indeed, Slick I do believe you've just insulted the poor boy :rolleyes:

G.P.girl
04-16-2004, 11:48 AM
how about lighting a fire? it's kinda chilly here today. if we still have wood that is...who knows what we've used it for...:p

gini
04-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Oh Richard, I know what "snirk" means.........I even snirk in the morning.:D

It was just a golden opportunity to tease Laurie when Slick went over and woke her up!

Lump crab meat? Oh Laurie, you have just said the magic word!

The L & F ate our broom? I don't know about that place - I hate to go in there.

slick
04-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
If Slick can *snort* I can *snirk* HUMPH ;) Afro indeed, Slick I do believe you've just insulted the poor boy :rolleyes:
Who me?????? Snort?????? Not in this lifetime :D :D ;)

As for Mario, just give him a couple of beer and he'll get over it.

Hi GP: I'll go out back and bring in some wood. A roaring fire sounds good because it's dark and rainy here today.

So what does a Snirk sound like???:confused:

lbaker
04-16-2004, 12:27 PM
... like the noise made when your nose is running and you don't have a hankie :o *ewww Laurie I can't believe you just said that*

slick
04-16-2004, 01:51 PM
... like the noise made when your nose is running and you don't have a hankie :o *ewww Laurie I can't believe you just said that*
EWWWWWWWW. Thanks for the vivid description. :eek: I think I'll go eat lunch now.

trayi52
04-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Yummy that eggs benedict sound great. I love eggs benedict with lots of sauce!

I wouldn't mind have a beer too. That Mario gets the royal treatment, doesn't he? ;)

G.P.girl
04-16-2004, 02:10 PM
mmmm lunch....i think i'm going to have gormet left over easter candy

lbaker
04-16-2004, 02:59 PM
ATTENTION! In "General" Uabasoon has rescued a rare albino cone!! She has posted some pictures and is asking for suggestions for a name (I suggested Blanche :p ) It's a very nice looking cone and seems to get along with the others so far.

catland
04-16-2004, 03:00 PM
geez - I can't believe I'm so late getting here. I've been straightening out a couple of payroll messes this morning (part of the new job tasks that I acquired.) So far I've overpaid one person by eight dollars and underpaid another by over $100.:eek:

So, I need a drink. Anyone serving Long-eye-land-eyes'd-tee's? They seem to work for Slick so I might as well try one.

RICHARD
04-16-2004, 03:04 PM
ATTENTION! In "General" Uabasoon has rescued a rare albino cone!! She has posted some pictures and is asking for suggestions for a name (I suggested Blanche :p ) It's a very nice looking cone and seems to get along with the others so far.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p6000efea89738101160ccd85f98ea7ff/f9021316.jpg

A Homeless cone.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p1dc1d96073e1abef43957d12fc6e143b/f9021397.jpg

A cone parade .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p276f68980be40d0a933423a0c1f85e54/f90210df.jpg

This one is kinda scary.......Look at the way it glows......

Catland.

LIIT....DONE!

G.P.girl
04-16-2004, 03:14 PM
(I suggested Blanche :p ) .
i think that's a good name

slick
04-16-2004, 03:43 PM
(I suggested Blanche :p )
But it's a boy coney............

trayi52
04-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Slick, how can you tell?????;) :p

gini
04-16-2004, 04:18 PM

Oh Willy, come on over here and sit down. I will explain the birds and the bees to you...........you may as well bring Mario too!

slick
04-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Well, if you go back and read her post it says:
I recently rescued what appeared to be a rare albino cone. He doesn't have a name yet, but he's been making himself right at home.

;)

gini
04-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Slick - HE HE HE HE HE:D :D

trayi52
04-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Okay, I admit it you got me!!!!! I just need a couple of beers to straighten me out.;) :p

Willie

catland
04-16-2004, 06:24 PM

easy answer - because he always leaves the toilet seat up.

RICHARD
04-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Okay, I admit it you got me!!!!! I just need a couple of beers to straighten me out.;) :p

Willie

DONE!!!

slick
04-16-2004, 06:50 PM
A toast to Gini and her neice. Bella made the trip to the Rainbow Bridge today. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 09:41 PM
RIP sweet Bella. :(

(raises glass of LIIT in a toast to Bella)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Oh, and BTW, I think I'm feeling a little meloncholy tonight so here goes. I've already told Terry and my mom that if and when I die, I don't want the big funeral thing where there's an open casket and people file by and there's a lot of money wasted on useless flowers...... I just want everybody to get together and have a good time as they remember me. Don't be sad, just laugh and be happy that I led a good life and enjoyed myself as much as I could, and enjoy being with and seeing people that you haven't seen in a long time.

Death is not to be mourned, it is the life that was led that is to be celebrated.

Ok Mario, come here, and anybody else who's left here, I need the ol' group hug thing....

(((((HUG)))))

RIP Bella. :(

PS - on a lighter note, anytime "group hug" is mentioned, it reminds me of when we went river rafting for a week. They told us the best place to pee was in the river, so by the end of the week we were having "group pees" and yes I have pictures if you really want to see.

slick
04-16-2004, 09:56 PM
PS - on a lighter note, anytime "group hug" is mentioned, it reminds me of when we went river rafting for a week. They told us the best place to pee was in the river, so by the end of the week we were having "group pees" and yes I have pictures if you really want to see.
Were they "Pee-Biscuits"?????? :D :D

I recently updated by Will and in it I've put X amount of dollars aside for a parteeeee when I'm gone. I've also included a list of people to invite because let's face it, my family does not know who my friends are. My Mom and I talk very opening about death although we have different opinions about what happens next.

Enough of that. Let's have a group hug and a drink.

G.P.girl
04-16-2004, 10:07 PM
TeeHee Pee-biscuits!:D :D

trayi52
04-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Yes, please a group hug! Don't talk about dying, I don't want you to die so don't any of you go and die on me! Not now!

A big group hug, and some drinks please!

G.P.girl
04-16-2004, 10:19 PM
GROUP HUG!