PDA

View Full Version : Ultra high speed internet

slleipnir
04-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah. It's some new thing here. We just got it hooked up and going here not long ago. Its almost double as fast as it was O_O! I can't wait to start my downloads tonight haha. (I do A LOT of downloading...anime and stuff)

ok another pointless thread for me :o

Anyone else have something liek that? Maybe everyone elses was just faster to start with haha :o

Blustang24
04-13-2004, 10:36 PM
We have Roadrunner here which is high speed cable internet and we also have Verizon DSL which is high speed internet through a phone line(but not quite like dialup). It's definately 2x as fast if not more than regular dial up. dial up stinks once you have high speed! :)

slleipnir
04-14-2004, 11:18 AM
No I mean we have dial up, then high speed, and now ultra high speed which is 2x faster then our old normal high speed :) And yes, dial up is evil, I don't think I could ever go back it to, we've had high speed for a long time.

We have DSL here at my dads, and my mom has cable. I'm guessing a lot of people don't have cable net where she lives cause it's pretty fast

trayi52
04-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Lucky! I tried to just get DSL, but can't even get that. Small towns suck sometimes. I am still on dial-up. At first they said yes you can get it. Well after they tested the lines in my location, they said it wasn't available.

I really wish they would get it here, so I could have it. It would actually save me money. No extra phone line to pay for! It would actually all even out.

Willie

Logan
04-14-2004, 11:40 AM
I have a cable modem, and it suits me just fine. Anything else might be too fast!!! LOL!!! :D

smokey the elder
04-14-2004, 04:01 PM
I have broadband and it ROCKS. I had to download a tax package (how mundane!:D ) that was 5 megs and it took about 30 seconds.