PDA

View Full Version : Luna has become such a lap cat now!

Kirsten
04-13-2004, 06:41 AM
For the last two years, Luna has stopped being a lap cat, but now she has turned into a real cuddle baby again who wants to be with me all the time.

When I'm an the computer, she's in my lap, when I'm watching tv, she's curled up on my chest, when I'm in bed, she's sleeping next to me. It's that kind of behavior she has displayed as a kitten and young adult, but then she has suddenly "detached" and wanted to be on her own - until now.

I wonder if it was my stay in hospital that turned her into such a loving kitty again!

Kirsten

sirrahbed
04-13-2004, 06:58 AM
I bet she missed you Kirsten! Also, bet she senses your pain and anxiety about being gone:) Ours have been extra lovey-dovey since the Japan trip - less so now. Isn't it GREAT to have a lapkitty again???

catcrazylady
04-13-2004, 08:50 AM
I agree Kirsten that your time away probably has something to do with it. Maybe it made her realize just how much she missed her mamma! Sometimes I think they get on you like that to hold you down so you can't leave. Mine are major lap babies in the morning and I really think they don't want me to go to work. I wish that I could oblige!

Twink
04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
She missed you, and she doesn’t want you going anywhere! :D

You have such a happy little family there, Kirsten. Your girls love each other, and they love you! What could be better? Give Luna some extra scritchies for me. She’s a world-champion sweetheart, isn’t she?

catmandu
04-13-2004, 09:38 AM
It could well be , as my cats were very concerned when I was in The Hospital , those 18 days , and you cannit explain , to them , where you are , and that you will be back soon.That is nicethat she wants to be closer , and a Lap Cat!

Logan
04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Whatever her reasons, I know it makes you happy, Kirsten. Makes me happy too!!! :)

Kirsten
04-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Yes, it's cute that she's like that now! :) And it could be very well that is has something to do with the hospital!

I think they get on you like that to hold you down so you can't leave. Mine are major lap babies in the morning and I really think they don't want me to go to work. I wish that I could oblige!

My RB Katz has been like that! One or two minutes before I had to get up in the morning she would come into my bed and "pin" me down, and I was sure she did that because she wanted me to stay!

Kirsten

lat192004
04-14-2004, 12:06 AM
LOL...You won't believe this, but when I was in the hospital the day after Christmas '02 recovering from back surgery, the first thing I thought about was Angel, my lap cat. I had to call on my cell phone from the hospital in Honolulu and ask the cat sitter how Angel was. When I got home Angel never left my side. He is my PC lap cat, my TV watching lap cat, my guardian angel it seems. I wonder if cats are just humans that have been reincarnated??(L0L):confused: :) . Makes a person wonder sometimes. Do cats channel love and emotions to their human friend, or is my mind making this up? I think they DO! This Angelcat is something, never have I had a cat this bonded to me. I consider myself lucky:)

Kirsten
04-14-2004, 04:21 AM
Your Angel really seems to be a wonderful souldmate to you! :)

And I do believe they have emotions just like humans! A human's and a cat's limbic system, which is responsible for emotions, are very alike, so the scientists believe they more or less have the same feelings.

And I think it's easy to see in our cats!! :)

KIrsten

lat192004
04-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Hello Kristen;

I have to agree with you. One observation I have witnessed is cats tend to see you as equals. This is funny what I'm about to tell you, but it's true. I was taking a nap one afternoon about a year after I adopted Angel, and all of a sudden, Angel decided he would lay on the pillow next to my head. The next thing, he is cleaning my head/hair. It felt like a rasp file going across my head, but being curious, I let him go to see what he would do next. After about 6 minites of my cat cleaning my scalp, he layed down right next to me, and went into a deep dream state. After that, and up to the day, he has been as close as can be to me. And by the way, he has never cleaned my scalp after that incident. Was this a sign of acceptance from him, an initiation rite? What I'm trying to fiqure is does he accept me as a human, or another cat? He is also protective. A stray dog came up my porch one night, and pressed his nose to the screen door. All of a sudden, Angel let out this blood curdling scream and hit the dog so hard through the screen it sent the dog tumbling. I have a funny picture of a house cat looking into a mirror, and the image the house cat sees in his mind is a lion! I believe it;)

lat192004
04-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Here is the cat picture, does your cat think like this??? See attachment

Kirsten
04-15-2004, 04:11 AM
LOL; I think at least Lily thinks like that kitty in the picture, she really has a lot of self-esteem! :)

That's so sweet that Angel has washed your hair! Maybe she has adopted you as her "baby"? Or she just wants to show you what a good friend you are.

BTW, my RB Katz used to do that too, but I wouldn't let her because I'm using hair spray and I figure it's not so healthy for a cat to lick that off. But your Angel and my Katz seems to have a lot in common!

Kirsten