PDA

View Full Version : Clingy!

thelmalu99
11-27-2001, 03:12 PM
My cats have been sooo clingy since I got back from the Thanksgiving long weekend! I left Thursday morning and came back Sunday morning, and they have not let me out of their sight! Danny has been following me EVERYWHERE, and Elvis has to be in my lap or at my feet at all times. Don't get me wrong, I love the attention, but it just makes me feel so guilty! :(
I guess I figured that with two cats, they wouldn't feel so bored and lonely when I'm gone, but they still do the clingy thing. Anybody else's cats do the same thing?

tuxluvr
11-27-2001, 03:34 PM
I would take it as you being an important part of their routine, and they are glad to see you back(kitty compliment extraordinaire). Ritz is very lovey when we take the occasional overnight trip. I have come to recognize how "structured" the cat's world likes to be - things out of place instigate long periods of careful inspection. While I was away on a business trip, my spouse told me that the cat went to the door every day around the time I usually got home and just sat there looking at it, meowing.

I also read that the head butting and ankle rubbing are a way the cat gets his/her scent on you...so if you were away a long time, perhaps the boys are trying to re-initiate you into their household. :cool:

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: tuxluvr ]

BigCharles
11-27-2001, 03:44 PM
Danny probably just missed you and wants to make sure that you are happy ant not tempted to run away from home again.

As for Elvis, well ... You know. Elvis is ... uhm ... er ... :o Well (how should I put this) Elvis ... er ... Elvis has good taste. :eek:

Yeah that's it! Elvis just has good taste!

Edwina's Secretary
11-27-2001, 04:05 PM
Edwina does this too. I referred to it as "Velcro catting" in a previous thread. When I am out of town sometimes she won't even go to bed with my husband but stay downstairs waiting. She also knows my overnight bag and when it comes out she climbs all over it rubbing on it and sitting in it and looking so sad. I've taken to packing in the closet so she won't know until the last moment (a bit silly, I know.)

When my husband and I go out of town together she poops in the dining room upon our return! (and does the velcro catting.)

NoahsMommy
11-27-2001, 05:27 PM
Too cute Charles!

Yep, Noah gets like that every day when I come home. If we come home and leave to check the mail, Noah will sit at the door crying until we get back! :(

It's sweet when I get his headbutts and kisses when I do get home, but poor baby, you'de think he didn't have anyone in his little life!

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: NoahsMommy ]

4 feline house
11-27-2001, 06:54 PM
Zebo (RB) used to nip my calf when he was happy or wanted attention. When I had my son I was quite ill so was in the hospital awhile. Zebo had never spent more than one night away from me previous to that. When I got home he was so happy to see me he kept nipping my calf. Then he took a whiff of what I had bundled up in the blankets and ran and hid under the bed for three days!

yorkster
11-27-2001, 09:51 PM
Oh.....that is so sweet! I have had cats that all reacted different. My two cats now become very clingy and affectionate. An old cat of mine was always MAD when I was gone. The longer I was gone, the madder he was.

Bobbie
11-30-2001, 03:23 PM
My FH and I go to his family farm every other weekend. We used to leave Campino at home with our roomates. We didn't think that he would be lonely and he'd be fine. After a little whaile we started to notice tat he would follow us around the house as we were preparing to leave and he would look so sad. When we got back he had to bite us first and then he wanted to cuddle for hours. Sometimes my legs would go numb from him sitting on me. Now when I get home from work he does the same thing bites me then cuddles. He doesn't do this with anyone else in the house just me. :D

wayne0214
12-02-2001, 04:46 PM
Our pets miss us more than we miss them. This is more than likely due to the fact that their world is limited to us and their immediate surroundings. Even with my menagerie of cats here, when I return from being gone for only an hour, Snow Cat, Jumper, and usually a few others, jump out the window and greet me. That they usually do not necessarily need to be picked up, but just to know that I'm home with them is enough to meet their satisfaction.

..............wayne