PDA

View Full Version : Please help me As Soon As Possible...

rizzy
04-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Please help me ASAP. My cat keeps getting outside. It doesnt sound to bad, I know but if it isn't fixed we have to get rid of him. Help me please. I love my cat so much and I dont want to get rid of him.

Every time he gets outside he goes to our neighbors house, and we will get a phone call at 11:30pm or 2:00pm or anytime saying.."Yeah your cat is over here and making our cats go crazy can you come get him?" So i get my coat on and go get him. It really makes me mad because my cat wasnt doing anything to they're cats. One of their two cats was laying down watching him threw the window. Well he's been over there a few times. But we cant always keep him inside, we are trying. But with summer coming my cat willl want to be outside. I dont know, does anyone have any ideas?? I need your help with this...:( :( :mad: :( :(

Dogz
04-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Get Lucky spayed. Then he probably won't be out 'looking'.

Try to keep him content INSIDE. Make him want to be inside. Keep your garage door closed at all times, so if he gets out he only gets out into the garage.

I can't give you much advice, I am not a cat expert. I am sure there will be some good ideas.

Good luck.

PayItForward
04-12-2004, 04:45 PM
What about walks on a walking harness.

Or supervised outings.

Or if it is safe enough let him outside and fit a cat flap.

Or cat run (might be expensive)

Just some ideas. :D

Dogz
04-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
What about walks on a walking harness.

Or supervised outings.

Or if it is safe enough let him outside and fit a cat flap.

Or cat run (might be expensive)

Just some ideas. :D

These are also GREAT ideas. :D I am sure Lucky would like if you brought him out before he came in to go to sleep.

Craftlady
04-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Have the kitty fixed. The urge to go outside is to hunt a mate.

catmandu
04-13-2004, 10:49 AM
The Best Thing , is to have him neutered , that way , he wont wat to go out , as much , and e wont start spraying , that is a habit , that you want to nip , in the Bud!

Logan
04-13-2004, 10:51 AM
I agree. Have him neutered. Then, if he does get outdoors, he won't be as inclined to wander, and he not be risking more unwanted kittens!

Check with your local humane Society or SPCA for low cost spay/neuter clinics. I'm sure they can help.

Logan