PDA

View Full Version : Cookie's got treasure!

4 feline house
02-05-2001, 07:13 PM
Although my cats are indoor cats, if it is a nice day and darkness has not fallen, I will occasionally leave the door open so they can visit outside. They stay on or near the porch. There is a cottonwood tree right outside the door, and leaves all over the place, including our porch. Anyone not familiar, cottonwoods have largish heart-shaped leaves. I have the door open right now, and I just heard a strangle crinkly noise. I looked up to investigate and saw Cookie running in with a cottonwood leaf in her mouth, carrying it like it was prey! Now she's trying to eat it! Silly girl.

Troy
02-05-2001, 08:07 PM
Catch that leaf!

It is funny you mention this as my dad's neighbour's cat goes out each night and collects leaves. Each morning he finds a pile of "caught" leaves at the front door, the targeted leaves are all of the large variety.

...I just hope kitty is careful, those leaves can turn on you without notice!

Fuzzy317
02-06-2001, 12:37 AM
My cats are indoor also. The house we rent has a screened in back porch. When weather is nice (not too often now), we leave the back door open so the cats can go out when they want, but still be "inside".