PDA

View Full Version : Oakley (The Feral)

K & L
04-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Is this not too cute? Look at little feral Oakley now! They just sent me this photo.

:D

For those of you that don't know the story. We trapped Oakley in the park almost a year ago. When we took him in to be fixed, his owner now, came out and asked if she could keep him. Both Kevin & I were very hesitant since Oakley was by far one of the most wild ones we had trapped. You wouldn't believe it now!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p23d35c954950a4ac7ce11d46b09bab83/f90a0e01.jpg

PayItForward
04-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Wow, that really wonderful :D

In certain countries they don't believe in ferals, i.e. they try to rehome all cats how ever wild.

I don't have enough experience to say one way or another but Oakley's adoption makes me wonder...What if all feral cats had patient understanding home, would they tame down ?

K & L
04-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
What if all feral cats had patient understanding home, would they tame down ?

I don't know if all would, but I know it's possible to tame them. Most all our cats were feral at one time. We do have one, Blaze, that has not tamed up real well. He still acts very feral, but will on occasion let you pet him!

PayItForward
04-12-2004, 01:07 PM
I didn't realise your cats were ex-ferals too.

Wow you do such a wonderful job caring for your ferals/strays.

Vio&Juni
04-12-2004, 01:10 PM
I love to see pictures and hear news about this cute little boy. I remember the first time I saw his face.

Please, post any picture you get from his humans, he's such a cutie :)

K & L
04-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
I didn't realise your cats were ex-ferals too.

Wow you do such a wonderful job caring for your ferals/strays.

Yes, all our cats but Gabby, Parker, Olive and now Avon were feral!

catcrazylady
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
What a doll baby!! That is the cutest picture. It must make you feel good to see that! He is a very lucky boy!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

lisalee
04-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Awwwww..........Oakley is so adorable! I'm very glad to hear he now has a loving home.
:)

Lisa & Sash
http://pages.ivillage.com/lisalee992 (Sash's website)

cloverfdx
04-13-2004, 08:39 AM
That is great to see. :D Oakley looks very happy.

Twink
04-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Looks like he found just the right home. That picture must have made your day! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-13-2004, 09:06 AM
awww

that is so sweet! really melts your heart to know another kitty is off the streets and in a furrever home!:D

catmandu
04-13-2004, 09:33 AM
I have found that if you can catch a feral , before they get too old , and afraid of people , that they are Great Pets. Michael , Princess , Roscoe , Nugget , and Orange Bloosom , were all cats , that were feral , and that they all made Wonderful Pets. Oakley , you are so lucky , to have Guardians , to care for you. MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS To Oakley , and his Adopted Parents!

Barbara
04-13-2004, 09:40 AM
I agree it may depend on the age. My first cat Grisette was a feral of 4 months. She spent her first weeks at our house under the kitchen cupboard but was a very friendly cat later. She was the only cat who ever had babies while I was sitting close to her:D (I am afraid that 25 years ago I still thought that a cat should have kittens one time. I wouldn't think that anymore but it is nevertheless one of my most precious experiences. :)
And of course I made sure each of these babies found a good home.)

I am happy that Oakley is now such a cute Easter kitty:)

K & L
04-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Yes! Look at the difference, this is when we first trapped him!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p7fa39e982b9f156ffb3725fc03a70c61/fbcef51c.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Awww....isn't Oakley adorable with his little bunny. He sure does look like he has a life of luxury now - and he deserves every minute of it! :D