PDA

View Full Version : Cats that paint?

DogFan77
07-15-2001, 01:30 PM
I read this artical in my magazine that talks about many cats that paint.

Why cats paint. If only you had known that all these years your cat was tearing up the sofa, she was possibly showing the early signs of artistic ability, maybe you would have thought twice before aiming that squirt gun at her. While you wouldn't necessarily have rushed out and bought her a little beret and a set of paints, you might have looked at her couch carvings with slighty more understanding eye. Belive it or not artists are starting to make their marks in the art world; featuring acrylic paint sented with their own urine, have sold for as much as $19,000. In addition to introducing the various arguments surounding this feline phenomenon,"Why cats paint" shows striking color photos of real cats wiping their urine-tainted on easles, walls, fences, mirrors, windows,- all kinds of surfaces. Meet some artists that are featured in "Why cats paint". Meet Italy's WongWong and LuLu, Pepper in Manhattan, Tiger in Germany, Bootsie in San Fransisco and many more! Their painting have been sold for $19,000 to $75,000! Do you wonder why your cat keeps on scraching on the sofa? Read "Why cats paint". Why cats paint has sold over half a million copies since it's release in July 1994. Translated in 8 different languages, it is clawing it's way to national best seller.

That's all that was there. I thought it was pretty cool! Maybe your cat is an artist.

Her is a way to see if your cat is an artist. There are 10 questions, each question counts as 10%, so if you get 6 questions right that means your cat has a 60% chance of being an artist.

1.Does your cat sit and contemplatethe marks she makes in her litter box?
2.Are the litter box marks curved or aesthetic in any way?
3.Does she makes marks on the wall with her claws after shes done?
4.She she scratch on just one place on the furniture as if working on a continuing project?
5.Does she take great care in arranging and presenting the little dead bodies that she has captured?
6.Does she like to play and make patterns with her dry kitty kibble?
7.Does she watch tv and seem to reconize the other animals on the screen?
8.If you show her a picture of cat food, does she sniff at it?
9.Does she make territorial claw marks on trees?
10.If you make marks in the same place where she has made marks on the sofa or other funiture does she pay close attintion?

Well is your cat an artist or a normal cat? I hope you liked this artical! :)

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: DogFan77 ]

tuxluvr
07-26-2001, 11:32 PM
A fascinating tale (or tail?)....I'm surprised you didn't get more posts on this one. My kitty may not be artistic, but I might make a case for her being a comedienne. About the only artistic thing she does with her food is occasionally deposit some of her favorite toys in the dish. She does take her favorite "rag" and drag it up to the top of the stairs every night, usually in the identical spot every time....perhaps kitty is "le budding artiste"?? She does make me laugh, though. My favorite antic is when she lies on her back plays with her plastic milk rings...just looks silly but always makes my day!

Enjoyed your post, even if no one else did! :cool:

Harley
08-02-2001, 05:12 PM
LOL! That's one of the funniest things I"ve heard of in a long time! The thought of my kitties contemplating their marks in the litter box or making patterns with their kibble is too funny! I've come to the conclusion that Trixie and Bo have not one artistic bone in their bodies (they both scored 0!)

NoahsMommy
08-21-2001, 01:48 PM
I am going to go home and watch him more closely! We could paint together!! How fun!