PDA

View Full Version : my kitten attacks help!

catlover1515
07-15-2001, 01:55 AM
my kitten is 9 weeks old & is so vicious towards me - i have to keep her in my room for now cause i have an older cat that doesnt like her very much & until they can learn to like each other the kitten stays in my room - when i go in there during the day or at night to go to bed she attacks me - at first it wasnt to bad it was just like she was trying to play but now when i go to bed at night she jumps up in my bed & will dig her claws & teeth into my hand so bad that i cant get her off of me sometimes - i have tried distracting her with toys - using a spray bottle - playing with her before i go to bed - & nothing works - i am not sure what else to do

Karen
07-15-2001, 11:11 AM
Be very patient, very calm with her, and if necessary, wear gloves! The sooner she and your other cat can get along, the better it will be. When she hurts you, say OW! and pull away, hide your hand so she knows thats what hurt. Give her plenty of things that it's okay to play and pounce on, she's a kitten, that's what she needs to do - it's practically her job! She doed need to know your limits, and she's a baby, so she's got plenty of learning time and capability! Let her know what is and what ISN'T fun! And when she's all tuckered out after chasing jindle-balls, or a piece of ribbon you've waved for her to pounce - when she's exhausted, pet her a lot so she'll get used to you being comforting.

goody2shoes
07-16-2001, 12:33 AM
If you can NOT stand her then you may want to consiter saling her, but don't put her in the Humane Society, people only adoptkittens there. :(

4 feline house
07-16-2001, 02:03 PM
She's probably lonely and therefore showing her frustration to you. I understand why you are keeping her in the bedroom, but the thing about that is then she's bored, lonely, and feels abandoned. Furthermore, your cats will never get used to each other if they're never allowed to get to know each other. My suggestion would be to only keep the kitten confined when no one is home to supervise her with the other kitty in the house. Otherwise, let them interact.

catlover1515
07-16-2001, 05:58 PM
i dont keep her in the bedroom ALL day long only when the older cat is in the house - every day i do put the kitten down in front of the older cat so they can hopefully get used to each other - the kitten i think likes being around the older cat but the older cat doesnt really like the idea of her being in 'his' house - last night before i went to bed i played with her til she was wore out & she sleep a lot during the night

labonte_lover18
08-13-2001, 03:56 PM
I understand what you're going through. I have a 8 week old kitten, Tweety, and she's really vicious. It's just a phase they go through, and eventually, she'll grow out of it. Whatever you do, dont ever hit her or put her in the humane society.

alexnell
08-16-2001, 03:35 AM
I agree that the kitten shouldn't be given up on just because of a few problems.

I'm confused by several of the replies, though? When you say, "Don't take the kitten to the humane society," are you saying, "Keep the cat"? Or are you saying, "If you give up the cat, don't take her to the Humane Society, take her somewhere else"?