PDA

View Full Version : Sarah rocks...

Tonya
04-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Today, we went to my dad's for Easter. It was Sarah's first time at a pool. She didn't hesitate, she dove right in and swam all day.

Later, we gave her a rib, and Joe, my dad's boxer came walking by. Sarah got so angry that she barked and growled at him. He looked at her confused like "What's this little dog trying to do?" So, she attacked him, she started biting his legs until he ran off. It was so funny. She was all in a hissy about him being near her bone. Joe was such a good boy for letting her have her way.

I didn't bring Dusty and Roxy because my parents complain about how their hair (shedding season) plugs up the filters in their pool. :rolleyes: I need to shave them so that they can come swimming next time.

Kfamr
04-11-2004, 10:55 PM
I hope you don't see this as a 'kill joy' - but that's not really a great thing to let her get away with. (growling/barking when another dog comes near and attacking)

Dogz
04-11-2004, 11:05 PM
I hope that Sarah does not get used to getting away with showing aggressive behavior. I don't want anyone to get hurt-- expecially Jaden.

wolf_Q
04-11-2004, 11:31 PM
That's neat that she had fun swimming, Nebo is a big chicken..he likes water but refuses to swim. :rolleyes:

I agree that it really shouldn't be funny for her to be aggressive toward another dog, it doesn't matter how cute and fuzzy she is. ;)

Tonya
04-12-2004, 04:11 PM
I agree, of course I disciplined her for it. What if she acted like that towards a dog that was agressive? She would be in deep doo doo if Joe was the type of dog to snap back. I told her no and gave her a time out, but it was still pretty funny.

Tonya
04-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Hehe, I have to add a comparison here. This weekend, Jaden and his cousin were having a contest on who can make the most fart sounds with their armpits. Jaden was up to 156 when I caught him. It was kind of the same deal, I looked stern and mean, but we were all biting our cheeks trying not to laugh when we were disciplining him. lol.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I hope you don't see this as a 'kill joy' - but that's not really a great thing to let her get away with. (growling/barking when another dog comes near and attacking)

Ditto.

I remember Daisy's first swim in the pool. It took her MONTHS before she decided to put her feet in. :p Then, one day, when she around 8 months old, I threw a tennis ball into the water, and she dove in after it. I should have known a tennis ball would make her jump in. :rolleyes: From then on, as soon as she sees the pool, she jumps right in! Molly on the otherhand, is a chicken. ;)

Blustang24
04-12-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm glad that Sarah enjoyed swimming.

Honey loves swimming!! The first time I brought her to the beach she didn't really care for it, but every time since then she's had a ball!! :)