PDA

View Full Version : What is she saying????????

aguu
11-27-2001, 09:04 AM
I wonder if anybody else's kitty does this; Every morning after Catya finishes her breakfast - she launches into a five minute long meowing session. She literally goes through her entire repertoire of sounds. She is very quiet otherwise. We've had her for a month now and she has not missed one day!
Does anyone have any ideas as to what she's trying to say?

purrley
11-27-2001, 09:30 AM
Could it be that she's extremely grateful to have her belly full and to be cared for so much? ;)

Laura
11-27-2001, 09:41 AM
My parents' cat does this. He sings at the top of his lungs! Dad yells at him to shut up, Kitty just sings louder. We think he's full, happy and when Dad yells, he assumes that Dad is singing with him. A friend thought we had a two year old trapped in the basement when Kitty started his concert. :D

tuxluvr
11-27-2001, 10:36 AM
On another post - Ritz and I have daily "coffee chat". While I scoop the beans into the grinder, grind, run the water get the filter, we have this back and forth with Ritzy mrrowing, chirruping, all the while just sitting upright in "pretty kitty pose" as if she is instructing me or overseeing the whole thing.

LIke your kitty, Ritz is not overly vocal, but does have some very specific and identifiable "language moments" that we share. also at predictable times/events. We interact with her vocally a lot, I think she does recognize certain words that we use...she definitely knows her name. "Get the mousey" gets her all excited because she knows it is time for supervised fake-fur mouse play with mommycat.

NoahsMommy
11-27-2001, 05:30 PM
That is SOOOOOOOO cute!!!! Noah "talks" but at sporadic times during the day and night.

What cuties!!! I would love to have a cat that did that! :)

yorkster
11-27-2001, 09:55 PM
yes, that is very cute. Both my cats like to talk at times, but not always at the same times. Well, except for Wylie, who will make several 'announcements' before going into the litter box.............

Former User
11-28-2001, 01:52 AM
Casper and Kitty like to chat a lot too, Casper more than before his operation. Mostly they chat when they want something, like us to drop them a mouse or that red dot to arrive (laser pen).

tuxluvr
11-28-2001, 04:17 PM
As noted, Ritz is not overly vocal, except at these specific times...the exception is vet visits or anything that dictates she be cooped up in a cat carrier. During our recent annual vet visit (see other post), Ritz was her usual crabby self. On the road trip in the carrier, she is VERY vocal and sounds so pathetic I get mommy cat guilts just thinking about it.

On the ride home, she was unusually quiet. About halfway home, I was worried that she might be having some reaction to the inoculations----so I did what I do at home, called her name (she comes when we call her thanks to some early training).

"Ritzy?" I said

She responded with this very LOUD and painful sounding
MEEEERRRROOOOOWWWWWWWW ....ok, Mommy gets the picture, you're ticked off!

thelmalu99
11-29-2001, 11:24 AM
Awww, poor baby!
One thing you can say about cats, though, when they're mad at you, you're the first to know!

We hope she feels better! :)

tuxluvr
11-29-2001, 02:56 PM
Thanks, Thelma - she is fine - it was just the regular annual visit - just such a fussy kitty at the vets and nice kitty at home. Cybil kitty

wayne0214
12-02-2001, 04:55 PM
Jumper (part Abyssinian) often will start meowing for no appearant reason when I'm in the middle of some project. He doesn't necessarily want to speak to me, but he appears to be announcing some new discovery that he is about to embark upon. Sometimes, I think that like an excited 4 year-old son, he simply is making a sound to show his excitement with life and he is about to do a new thing.

............wayne

tuxluvr
12-02-2001, 05:19 PM
LOL Wayne....I think you are right..sometimes Ritz will break silence with unsolicited meowing......like saying..

"Hey, everyone, move aside, CAT in the room!"