PDA

View Full Version : Movie thread...Reviews, etc etc...

carole
04-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Well its Easter Sunday, and I am a little bored, seen most of the threads etc, so just thought I would ask if anyone saw UNDER THE TUSCAN., i think thats its name.

I have just seen it on Friday, my husband and I really enjoyed it, it wasn't a fascinating film, with a fantastic storyline or anything, no mystery or intrigue, infact quite predicatable, but still I came away feeling, yes that was nice, no vulgarity, no excessive violence or swearing, just a nice story with a nice ending, lovely scenery and I really enjoy seeing Dianne Lane perform, she is a beautiful lady and a good actor IMO.

All in all a nice Romantic story with a little humour.

Has anyone seen 50 dates or along came polly,? they are my next two films I wish to see. All my fav actors, Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, Ben Stiller, and Jennifer Aniston.

Also anyone seen Starsky and Hutch ?, that looks like it will be a blast.:)

CountryWolf07
04-10-2004, 11:08 PM
I saw the "The Whole Ten Yards".. and I found it HILARIOUS! :) It has Bruce Willis & Matthew Perry in it. I found it a lot more funnier than the first one :) Definitely did not ruin the first one too!

guster girl
04-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I want to see all the ones you listed, carole. I've not seen under the tuscan sky, but, really want to. and, fifty first dates. i want to see along came polly, but, not as urgently. :) I just saw ladykillers, and, that was wonderful.

slleipnir
04-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I've seen Along Came Polly and Starsky and Hutch. Both were good. I really liked Starsky and Hutch though :D I love it when Ben Stiller and Owan Willson work together, they're so funny!! Oh, I saw Under the Tuscan Sun too, it was good :D

I just saw The Alamo tonight. It was pretty good. I saw Taking lives last week or something - didn't really like it O_O

Yeah, I see a lot of movies lol

Dogz
04-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by guster girl
I want to see all the ones you listed, carole. I've not seen under the tuscan sky, but, really want to.

I am pretty sure it is 'Under The Tuscan Sun'.

:confused:

I'll stick to Finding Nemo and The Lion King. ;)

guster girl
04-11-2004, 12:06 PM
either way, i knew it wasn't just under the tuscan. i love finding nemo and the lion king, too, but, try some non cartoon ones, you won't be disappointed! what other kinds do you like? or do you just enjoy animation?

slleipnir
04-11-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Under the Tuscan Sun too hehe :X

I also loved Finding Nemo and The Lion King..infact, I own them O_O! I love Disney movies hehe

carole
04-12-2004, 03:37 AM
Ya know I just saw this movie on Friday and already I forgot its proper name, when I wrote under the tuscan, I said to myself I am sure it was sun, oh well we all know what I am talking about, hey thanks for the info on starsky and hutch and along came polly, I must really try and see these.

I am hoping to rent Jetlag on video, anyone seen that? and going to watch stephen kings dreamcatcher tomorrow nite, anyone like to comment on either?

Hey the one with matthew perry is on our tv tonight..but so is gladiator, so we are choosing that, russell crowe fans eat your hearts out.

I just saw Chocolat on the TV Last night, it was a while back it was on at the movies and I missed it, I really loved this movie, and of course heart-throb Johnny was there again.

Anyone seen Secret Window?, another one on my list of hope to see movies.

Any opinions on life is a house, want to rent it out soon!!

Thanks everyone, you are great critics!!!!;)

Sevens
04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
My husband and I just went on Saturday to see Hellboy.

I LOVE that movie! I've never read the comic books it was based on (my older brother did), but I think now I will. The movie was so great. Ron Perlman kicked butt in that movie. I don't think the movie would've worked if the director had used a big ticket action guy for the part, like that wrestler "The Rock".

He was very effective at making the character down-to-earth, blue collar, and the dry sarcastic humor was great!

I think I may go see it again soon, but at $8.50 for one admission to a movie, it's kind of expensive.

ramanth
04-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Saw Hellboy this past weekend. Loved it. :D

Haven't seen too many movies recently. Last one I saw was Return of the King.

Looking forward to The Punisher (will see that this Friday with Andy) and Alien Vs. Predator.

(I tend to see more Action/Sci Fi's than any other genre. :D )

Originally posted by carole
Any opinions on life is a house, want to rent it out soon!!
I rented that one awhile back and enjoyed it. I think Hayden Christensen and Kevin Kline did a wonderful job. :)