PDA

View Full Version : Ack, need some help!

DogLover9501
04-10-2004, 08:33 PM
I am having trouble installing my printer, it was hooked up before, but not for a while, and I just hooked it back up and am having alot of trouble with it.

When I restarted it said that windows detected a new device and that it was installing a driver, so I figured "yay--thats it", I tried to print something, but it said I need to install a printer first:confused:

I went to control panel and "Add new hardware" and it didnt find anything, so I clicked to select it from a list, but Lexmark 1100 wasn't there.

What do I do :confused:

binka_nugget
04-10-2004, 08:34 PM
I think you might need the cd that came with the printer. That's what I had to do when I re-installed the printer.

catnapper
04-10-2004, 10:50 PM
If you don't have the CD that came with the printer, you can download it from Lexmark's website. Sometimes its a rather lengthy download, but its free.:D

trayi52
04-10-2004, 11:47 PM
True, if you have the cd that came with your printer you need to install the drivers for your printer there. Or like catnapper said download from lexmark's site. That should do the trick.

Willie

DogLover9501
04-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks!! I downloaded the driver from the website, it works now :D but I just need to get some ink :p