PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's official!!

moosmom
04-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Hannah Mae IS pregnant!! We've come to the conclusion that she's been abused by a female (she's become very attached to my friend's husband and hisses at Dorothy) and was probably dumped because she is pregnant.

Dorothy took Hanna Mae to the vet this morning and he confirmed it. She's been doing the "nesting thing", being restless, and fighting with the only other (non-spayed) female in the house, so we think her due date is around the end of this month.

I offered to take her and isolate her in my middle room so she wouldn't get stressted out with the other cats, but Dorothy said they've already set up a nesting box in her husband's room. I told her she will need to keep her closed in the room just in case she goes into labor and gives birth while no one is home.

As soon as the kittens are weaned (I told Dorothy she needs to keep the babies with her till at LEAST 8-10 weeks) she will be spayed. Her vet has offered to help place the kittens, which is wonderful!

So, it looks like I'm gonna be a fur-aunt!! And yes, I WILL be taking one of the kittens. At least I've got time to think of a name. How does "Little Miss Moxie" sound???

Which reminds me...I will be needing a new sig soon to include the new addition. Any volunteers???

I'll keep you posted.

catnapper
04-10-2004, 12:49 PM
How exciting! I like little miss Moxie... but what if its a Mr? :D

You'll need to update your siggy!!!!

RedHedd
04-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Aww! Little Ms. Moxie will make it an even 10! A very good number! :D

Kfamr
04-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Eee! Kittens!:D

You'll have to get pictures of ALL of Hannah Mae's kittens when thye arrive, to share with us!

Littles Miss Moxie sounds adorable! Are you sure you're going to take a female kitten? What if it's Mr Moxie. ;)

I volunteer to make a signature, if you'd like! :D

Uniqueviking
04-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Aww, kittens. If only I wasn't so far away, I'd love to take one too :)

...you didn't hear that, Kirsten ;)

IttyBittyKitty
04-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Can't wait to see the pics :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2004, 02:18 AM
I can't wait to see Hannah Mae with her kittens.:) Please be sure to take lots of pictures too.:)

moosmom
04-11-2004, 09:39 AM
RedHedd,

Actually I'll still be in the single digits, as Sydney has gone to a wonderful home. LMM will make 9.

Kay Ann,

I'll take you up on your offer! Once she has her babies and I pick out my little one, I'll get you pictures. Thanks!!

sirrahbed
04-11-2004, 09:55 AM
This will be fun!! Hopefully we can see pictures from the get-go right?:D Do you live close enough to Dorothy and know her well enough to kinda hang around and watch LMM grow?

catmandu
04-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Found Cats are pleased over the Blessed Event ,and Pray that all is well ,for Hannah Mae , and Kittens!

catcrazylady
04-11-2004, 10:23 PM
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!! Another baby we can watch grow up!!! I love the name!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

shais_mom
04-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Congratulations Donna!!!
Will keep my fingers crossed!!!

ramanth
04-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Aww little Hannah Mae. I hope she and her soon to be kittens are doing well. :)