PDA

View Full Version : Connor Update

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Connor is FINE!!!

I just got off the phone with the vet's receptionist, and she says he īs just coming round, and looks very sorry for himself"

I will try to see the vet when I collect him, and get a full report on his ears etc.

One funny thing happened today.....

I phoned the vet earlier, and they were busy putting him under, so I said a prayer, and got in my car to go and fetch my Son. I switched on the radio and the song "Stray Cat"was playing!!!

I took that as a sign, and I phoned the DJ (who also happens to be a friend of mine), and explained what had just happened. Anyway at the end of the song, the DJ Ian says "And I dedicate that to my friend Julie, and her cat who is currently having an operation!!"

Wasnt that sweet of him?? (He is the only person I know who has more cat hair than me sticking to his clothes than I do - he has 3 furkids).

Anyway, I will go and fetch Connor in an hour or so - they want to keep him for a while longer until the anaesthetic has worn off properly!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support!

Julie

PayItForward
04-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Julie,

Great to hear he is though the nasty operation. Fingers crossed that you get a good report on his ears. :D

Barbara
04-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Great to hear Connor is fine:) I am very curious now abou the report.
I am sure the boy will need another day to sleep it off completely:)

IttyBittyKitty
04-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Connor is FINE!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!!

And that was nice of your friend :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Just back from the vet.

There was a lot of wax buildup in his ears. She says that he will probably have to have them cleaned by her again, as his ears are a bit "deformed"inside. There is a lot of scar tissue partially obscuring the eardrums, which could have either been caused by a severe infection years ago, or abuse - we will bever know for sure.

Bottom line - he is healthy and all the vets staff adored him for his gentle nature, but he will NEVER hear again:( :( :(

This does not trouble me - as long as he is happy and healthy, he will always be my sweet silly boy!

Thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes!

(Need to go give Connor some chicken now - I think he deserves it!!!)

catmandu
04-10-2004, 08:59 AM
HOORAY FOR CONNOR , and the Found Cats Salute thier Pal, and are Glad that things are OK! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

sirrahbed
04-10-2004, 09:04 AM
YAY! What a relief to have the operation over with. Bet you can't wait to spoil sweet Connor! Maybe just watch him sleep and admire him!!:D Yes, and that was nice that God gave you a little sign that He was listening and encouraging you!! But, Connor is not a Stray cat, he is a Found cat:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Julie,,

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

What a relief.. I am so glad Connor Kat is fine... and I am glad that God gave you a sign that He is on the job and looking after Connor!!

And even though Connor may never hear again.. he is going to live a wonderful life in the best furrever home!!!

*KISSES* for you Connor!!:D

Killearn Kitties
04-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Thank you for the good news that Connor is fine! Enjoy your treat of chicken sweet boy.:)

jazzcat
04-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm so glad Connor made it through okay and is fine. I know your glad to have that over.

Hugs and scritchies for Connor!!

catnapper
04-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I am so pleased to hear that everything went well today. That was really cool of your friend to dedicate the song to you and Connor!

Felicia's Mom
04-10-2004, 03:22 PM
I am glad things went well for Connor today.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I am so pleased to hear that everything went well today. That was really cool of your friend to dedicate the song to you and Connor!

Thats one of the advantages of living in a TINY place!!! My hubby plays golf with the DJ from the morning show, and when my son phones in for competitions they all know him - as soon as he says "Īt's Cameron" they ask - "how are things at the British School" etc etc

slick
04-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Bottom line - he is healthy and all the vets staff adored him for his gentle nature, but he will NEVER hear again:( :( :(
You mean he's deaf in both ears???? I did not know that. Of course, cats can adapt really well and I'm sooo happy he's healthy. Smoochies to you Connor.

ChrisH
04-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Julie, I am so glad all went well for Connor. :D

Sending hugs and scritches for the sweet boy.

Chris

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well with Connor and that he's home again.:)