PDA

View Full Version : cat humor

RICHARD
04-09-2004, 04:50 PM
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."

"Cats aren't clean, they're covered with cat spit."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 16 Signs Your Cat is Plotting World Domination

16. Sits on your newspaper in the morning and carefully reads the coded message that Garfield sends out every day.
15. Used to sleep on top of TV, now monitors CNN 24 hours a day.
14. Notably absent from home during surprise feline invasion of Poland.
13. When you enter the room, Snowball and the other members of the Tri-Cateral Commission stop talking and begin playing with yarn.
12. Behind the couch you find a forged passport, plane tickets, and nine suicide bombs.
11. What you thought was "heat" is actually a four-legged goose step.
10. Well, "somebody" subscribed to alt.cats.world.domination.
9. Autopsy of the last mouse left on your doormat reveals "tattoo" to be blueprint of the UN Building.
8. Constantly petting that bald man he keeps on his lap.
7. Kitty Chow spilled on the floor spells out "Drop the car keys and leave the door open or the dog gets it in the head."
6. Then -- dead mice in the kitchen. Now -- dead third world dictators in the basement.
5. Judging from the kitchen, he seems to be working on some kind of "land mine" technology.
4. Fluffy is now sleeping only 21 hours a day, down from 23.
3. Has recently been acting somewhat... aloof.
2. What your cat lacks in charisma and good looks, he makes up for with his ruthless handling of rival software companies.

..and the Number 1 Sign Your Cat is Plotting World Domination...

1. Somehow, you're now subscribed to "Feline of Fortune" magazine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A famous art collector is walking through the city when he notices a mangy cat lapping milk from a saucer in the doorway of a store and he does a double take.

He knows that the saucer is extremely old and very valuable, so he walks casually into the store and offers to buy the cat for two dollars.

The store owner replies "I'm sorry, but the cat isn't for sale.

The collector says "Please, I need a hungry cat around the house to catch mice. I'll pay you twenty dollars for that cat."

And the owner says "Sold," and hands over the cat.

The collector continues, "Hey, for the twenty bucks I wonder if you could throw in that old saucer. The cat's used to it and it'll save me from having to get a dish."

And the owner says, "Sorry buddy, but that's my lucky saucer. So far this week I've sold sixty-eight cats."

Einstein's Theory Of Cat Behavior

LAW OF CAT INERTIA - A cat at rest will tend to remain at rest, unless acted upon by some outside force, such as the opening of cat food, or a nearby scurrying mouse.

LAW OF CAT MOTION - A cat will move in a straight line, unless there is a really good reason to change direction.

FIRST LAW OF CAT ENERGY CONSERVATION - Cats know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and will, therefore, use as little energy as possible.

LAW OF BAG/BOX OCCUPANCY - All bags and boxes in a given room must contain a cat within the earliest possible nanosecond.

LAW OF FURNITURE REPLACEMENT - A cat's desire to scratch furniture is directly proportional to the cost of the furniture.

LAW OF CAT COMPOSITION - A cat is composed of Matter + Anti- matter + It Doesn't Matter.

LAW OF CAT OBEDIENCE - As yet undiscovered.

RICHARD
04-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Top Ten Signs That You Are A "Crazy Cat Lady":
1. Your colleagues no longer ask how your weekend was. Instead they ask how your cats are doing.

2. People at work have stopped offering you their lint brushes. They realize it's hopeless anyway.

3. When you get your latest roll of film developed, there's not a single human being in the pictures.

4. You have more cats than the local pet store and there are several kitty litter boxes in every room of your apartment.

5. Your personal motto is: "You can never have enough cats."

6. You buy more than 60 pounds of cat litter a month.

7. You'd rather watch hours of boring infomercials than disturb the cat sleeping on the remote.

8. You choose your friends based on how well your cats like them.

9. The only time you leave your apartment is to feed the stray cats in the neighborhood.

10. You introduce your cats by name to the pizza delivery guy.

RICHARD
04-09-2004, 04:54 PM
IJMC - Personal Cat (PC) Specifications

Standard input:

1. Bilateral frontal whisker array
2. Bilateral adjustable audio dishes (range 20-20,000Hz)
3. Stereoscopic scanning device, with night vision
4. Velcro(tm) flavor sampling device/energy collector
5. Twin front-mounted odor sampling devices

Standard output:

1. Internally mounted purrbox
2. Single speaker with separate growl mode
3. Rear-mounted, fully-jointed semaphore device

Processor:

1. Parallel neuron array with Random Access Memory
2. Autonomic control of system software

Included Hardware:

1. Calcium-based skeletal structure
2. Byte-to-bit conversion array
3. Retractable document shredder/hole punch
4. Pawpad printer
5. Mouse (standard catnip)

Also included: natural fiber protective covering in various colors

System Software:

Your PC will come preloaded with one of the following:

* DOS (domestic shorthair)
* OS (other shorthair)
* MS (megasoft, installed in units with fuzzy covering)

Conversion to EUNUCHS can be done by a simple operation. This is recommended to prevent the proliferation of cheap PC clones.

Bundled software may include the following: Mortal Kombat, Acrobat, Explorer, and Stuffit Expander.

Your PC will automatically convert from laptop to desktop as needed. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.

Operating Your PC:

To start up your PC, push the power button (on any electric can opener).

Your PC has an energy-saving mode known as Sleep. Your PC will Sleep automatically if unused for a short period of time, or you may invoke the Sleep mode by placing your PC in a soft, warm area.

To wake your PC From Sleep, press the power button as in Start, shake the mouse, or tap any of the PC's input devices (see specs).

To perform a Warm Boot: Remove your shoe, then tap the PC gently with your toes.

To perform a Cold Boot: Same technique as for Warm Boot, but leave your shoe on.

To Reboot: Repeat the Warm Boot.

Cleaning your PC:

Use only mild soap and water, no solvents. Surface wash only.

Total immersion is not recommended. If partial immersion is necessary, wear proper hand and face protection and make sure your PC is fully dry when finished.

Compatibility and Networking:

Your PC is designed to independently assess compatibility with other PCs. Running EUNUCHS will generally give your PC greater compatibility with other PCs. It may be necessary to install a firewall between incompatible PCs as each may attempt to breach the other's security systems. Compatible PCs may share thermal energy and cleaning tasks and may network for gaming purposes. Please note that your PC will be incompatible with units of type BIRD and FISH, unless appropriate security measures (such as a firewall) are installed. Your PC may tolerate one or more DOG units provided they occupy a subordinate position within the hierarchical structure.

Power Requirements:

Alternating supply of canned cat food and dry cat food. Direct supply of water. Direct access to solar and thermal energy sources.

Troubleshooting:

PC has difficulty exiting:

Perform a Warm Boot.

PC shares files from dinner/table/plates without permission:

Boot your PC prior to running food-related software.

PC hangs up phone during connection to ISP:

Try invoking sleep mode Prior to connecting to ISP; otherwise, perform a Warm Boot.

PC is frozen:

PC is probably scanning for small life forms; reboot until it responds.

Deleted material not going to trash or recycling bin:

reprogram preferences in PC sys/litter_box/deposit/target.aim

RICHARD
04-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Can you imagine an angel -
Walking a dog?
Feeding a goldfish?
Riding a horse?
Keeping an ant farm or apiary?
Hammering together a hutch?
Being amused by a parrots voice
or the tiny wings of a canary?
Or can you imagine an angel -
Celestial and radiant with a kitten
curled at its feet or in its lap?
While there is surely a place in Heaven
for all God's creatures,
the cat has a special place in the order of things.

--Norman Klar

lynnestankard
04-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Richard - WOW!!! - I've giggled, laughed and howled - then cried **sniff** **sniff** - hope you don't mind if I forward to other crazy cat ladies?! :D :D

Lynne

trayi52
04-09-2004, 05:23 PM
ROFLOL!! They are all so funny! I have done the same thing. Laughed until I can't laugh anymore!!

Willie:D

RICHARD
04-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Richard - WOW!!! - I've giggled, laughed and howled - then cried **sniff** **sniff** - hope you don't mind if I forward to other crazy cat ladies?! :D :D

Lynne

I have that effect on women. Mostly the sniffling......

forward away!

catnapper
04-09-2004, 06:16 PM
I am now an official cat crazy lady... and I only have two cats!:eek:

Corinna
04-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Didn't you have to work today Richard?
I needed those after this week at work. :)

moosmom
04-09-2004, 07:46 PM
3. When you get your latest roll of film developed, there's not a single human being in the pictures.

1. Your colleagues no longer ask how your weekend was. Instead they ask how your cats are doing.

6. You buy more than 60 pounds of cat litter a month.

Guilty as charged. But you forgot a few...

Subject yourself to a stiff neck rather than move the cats.

Learn to sleep like a contortionist to avoid waking the cats up.

Learn to "pretend" sleep while your alpha female does everything in her power to wake you up to feed her.

G.P.girl
04-09-2004, 08:23 PM
lol those are pretty funny!:D

jazzcat
04-09-2004, 10:44 PM
You know, I think the Crazy Cat Lady one is going to hit really close to home for many of us here.:D

Thanks for the laughs and smiles.

catmandu
04-10-2004, 09:25 AM
As Always Richard .our threads are going into my Meow Mail , as you consistently have excellent
threads!