PDA

View Full Version : Cat Proof your computer!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-09-2004, 06:22 AM
I had a real giggle when I saw this! We all have a good laugh at the results when our cats walk across the keyboard and "type" cryptic messages, but a software company has developed a product to prevent this from happening.

The opening line on the website (http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/) is:

"When cats walk or climb on your keyboard, they can enter random commands and data, damage your files, and even crash your computer. This can happen whether you are near the computer or have suddenly been called away from it"

Either:

1. Some sofwate developer has WAY TOO MUCH time on his/her hands OR

2. Cats ARE trying to take over the world (and NOT just our individual households), and this must be stopped:D :D :D

catnapper
04-09-2004, 07:30 AM
Too much! If you have cat troubles THAT bad with him/her walking across the keyboard - then buy a keyboard tray that slides under the desk top... its ergonomically correct AND keeps the cat off the keyboard tray! :D :D

I think your assessment is correct: this software developer has way too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

IttyBittyKitty
04-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Too much! If you have cat troubles THAT bad with him/her walking across the keyboard - then buy a keyboard tray that slides under the desk top... its ergonomically correct AND keeps the cat off the keyboard tray! :D :D

I think your assessment is correct: this software developer has way too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

Or he or she has too many cats ... wait, there's no such thing!!

Siridar
04-09-2004, 09:25 AM
I think there may be such a thing as too many cats. That's just my opionion, though :)

IttyBittyKitty
04-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Siridar
I think there may be such a thing as too many cats. That's just my opionion, though :)

But you love our kitties ... admit it!

Siridar
04-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Guilty as charged.

Two is enough, don't you think?

Or are you considering expanding the household?

IttyBittyKitty
04-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Siridar
Guilty as charged.

Two is enough, don't you think?

Or are you considering expanding the household?

Two is enough in this house, especially with the amount of space Randi takes up ... but may in another house, another bigger house, I might want more kitties!!

kitten645
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Hahaha...a friend sent me this link years ago after I came home from work one day. There was a long IM log with my friend trying to get my attention. Apparently Calvin had logged me in somehow and my friend thought I was online. :eek: Calvin was arrogant enough not to reply..LOL.

sirrahbed
04-09-2004, 11:32 AM
OH! THIS will be fun! WE can get in on domestic conversations!!:D Itty Bitty, two is not enuf. Odd numbers is always best. I really think it is time for a new baby in the house. It is absolutely the best thing for Randi and Pixel. It is time they learn to care for a younger sibling. Yes, and it will add a new sense of youth and freshness to the household. UH huh. And, FIVE in a family is such a nice number. Maybe a cute little orangie? Wouldn't that be nice? Oh YES. Uh huh! Absolutely!!:D

PayItForward
04-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
OH UH huh. And, FIVE in a family is such a nice number. Maybe a cute little orangie? Wouldn't that be nice? Oh YES. Uh huh! Absolutely!!:D

Are you sure you are not angling for a new furry baby yourself ;) :D

sirrahbed
04-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Are you sure you are not angling for a new furry baby yourself ;) :D

me?:eek: .nah..just being annoying:D I am always wanting a new cat or three but have to agree that our family of five is quite nice.

catmandu
04-10-2004, 09:31 AM
That is one of the reasons that I do not have a Home Computer , because I dont want to get angry , at he Cats , if they accidentally do something to damage an expensive machine , as I did when JJJ3 did to the VCR.

Randy_K
04-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Our cats watch our behavior and try to emulate that which appears important. Our Aby named Squid, who left us a few years ago and far too soon, used to answer the phone when no one was home. When it rang he'd push the handset off the cradle with his nose. Hey, we moved that thing when it rang why shouldn't he? I was asleep once but awakened by the phone although I decided to let it go to the answering machine then I got the show with Squid pushing the handset off. It was both curious and quite cute at the same time.

This catproofing software is an example of a programmer finding (or creating) a marketing niche and trying to fill it with a product... of dubious necessity...