PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for Easter?

Tonya
04-08-2004, 11:51 PM
What's everyone doing for Easter?

We're going to church and then my dad's house. They always have a big shindig. My grandmother is Filipino and she makes me Lumpia and crab wontons every year. mmmmmm! Can't wait. :D

G.P.girl
04-08-2004, 11:55 PM
well my mom gets kida sad because she misses our really good friends we used to spend time with at easter, and my mom's boyfriend wants to quote, unquote "start a new tradition":rolleyes: so i'm not sure what we're doing

EDIT: oh yeah! i'm eating LOTS of candy! and we're going to be with Cadbury too of course ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
04-08-2004, 11:58 PM
We might go to church before, but we're going up to my grandmother's house. There's always lots of people there during holidays. My aunt is bringing her one and a half year old German Shepherd, Ace, and we might bring Daisy to go swimming. My other aunt might bring her chihuahua too. :) My aunt is also Filipino, so she'll probably bring some of those yummy noodles and egg rolls over. The little kids will have an Easter egg hunt, and after that we'll eat.

So, nothing big. But then school is the next day. How fun. :p

trayi52
04-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Well hopefully this year, I will get to actually go out and watch the grandkids hunt Easter eggs. Last year I had to roll around in my stupid computer chair to get to the window to watch them. I had a broke foot and no crutches yet! Maybe more fun this year? God I hope so!

Willie

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-09-2004, 05:31 AM
We are going to church and after that to my grandma's house to take Easter pictures (a family tradition)... and then to the mom-in-law's house for Easter lunch....

:)

catnapper
04-09-2004, 07:19 AM
We are going to my mom's Sunday. We'll be there early and my snobby brother says he'll be there by 2:00... in his world its more like 3:00 and then he'll leave an hour later. :rolleyes:

Mom will spend the day trying to get a family picture and fail miserably - she has tried every year as long as I can remember and has only once actually gotten one!

ramanth
04-09-2004, 09:11 AM
My parents left early this morning for WV and so on Saturday, I'm checking on their cats. I'll stay the night there, sleep in, and then head over to my Grandma's to hang out with her, my baby sister, and Great Aunt Ann. We'll likely stuff ourselves and watch TV. :D

Oh....and we'll referee the Bambi/Kia wrestling matches. :D ;) (I'll take the camera)

Karen
04-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Saturday I'll get my hair cut, then bake and bake - lots of bunny cookies, chocolate chip and others ... after church on Sunday we head to my sister-in-law's in New Hampshire. This is her first year having a big crowd - 28 or 29 people I think, aunts and uncles and in-laws and cousins and cousins' kids ... but it is supposed to rain Sunday afternoon, so the Easter egg hunt may have to be indoors.

catnapper - take over! Marshall everyone together for at least one "whole family" photo for your mom. In fact, take two - one where everyone needs to smile, and the other they can make faces. You never know what the next years will bring, and it is a moment to treasure.

EssTer
04-09-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure.. but possibly I'll be with my family home...;) Not sure what we're going to do!

Dogz
04-09-2004, 10:54 AM
I will be going to my grandmother's on Sunday. My cousin (rizzy) will be there, and I am pretty sure they will bring their Brittany Spaniel, Sally. I would love to bring Prince, but I will have to see.

davidpizzica
04-09-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm going to spend most of Easter morning at church (two services) in the choir. Then in the afternoon over to my brother's house for HAM!;)

Amber
04-09-2004, 02:21 PM
We will probably just stay home, and have a big dinner.
I already got my gift (in siggy), so I'll just be snacking on all the candy! Yum!

But we might go down to my family, not sure :)

Toby's my baby
04-09-2004, 08:23 PM
I dont think we are doing anything :( I will probably play with my puppy :D :p, we might have my grandpa over but he lives about 200 feet from me (in my yard) so nothing big. :o I guess the best part was getting Thursday, Friday and next Monday off from school. ;)

catnapper
04-09-2004, 08:31 PM
I found out this afternoon that before my mom's, we need to stop by the accountant's and get some tax stuff done first! :rolleyes: (he's Jewish, so its just another day to him.)

Depending on what he has to say will be the determining factor of hubby's mood for dinner! LOL!

BTW: I just wanted to let everyone know that 3 years ago, on Easter Sunday, Hubby proposed to me before we left to go to my Aunt's. It was also the same day that I met a handsome little itty bitty kitty we later named Allen. :)

Christiansmommy
04-09-2004, 08:38 PM
We will go to church first, and then head over to Rob's Grandma's house for lunch/dinner...they usually have a bunch of people over there...should be fun!

Robyn

Felicia's Mom
04-09-2004, 08:47 PM
My Easter will be like most any Sunday. I will attend Church School. It is my also week to work in the church library.

I am eating alone, but because it is Easter, I plan on fixing a nicer dinner than usual.

Nomilynn
04-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Felicia's Mom
My Easter will be like most any Sunday. I will attend Church School. It is my also week to work in the church library.

I am eating alone, but because it is Easter, I plan on fixing a nicer dinner than usual.

I will raise a toast of chocolate milk to you, as I will also be eating alone :) I'm gonna have pizza so not too fancy :)

shais_mom
04-09-2004, 09:59 PM
I have to work this weekend so I will be there!!! :)

carole
04-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Well we went to the movies on Friday, saw under the Tuscan, really enjoyed that, went shopping today, and might go ten pin bowling on Monday, thats about it really.

Toby's Mommy
04-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Were going to church then back home. How boring...
At about 4 my cousins are coming over to see Maggie.:p

carole
04-10-2004, 06:50 PM
I forgot to mention the most important thing I will be doing this Easter is spending time with my son, I have only one weekend left with him before he leaves for England, so time is precious.:)