PDA

View Full Version : PT Positive Thoughts Request

RubyMutt
04-08-2004, 07:01 PM
My dad is on his way to pick me up and take me to the hospital where my 92-year-old great-aunt, Avie, who has lived with me since I was a baby will be having emergency hip surgery. I can't go into details right now as I don't have much time, but if you can spare any prayers/positive thoughts/good vibes my family and I would appreciate it. Thank you all (((HUGS)))

Miss Meow
04-08-2004, 07:11 PM
On the way.

Please let us know how you great-aunt Avie is going when you can.

AmberLee
04-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Prayers coming.

Logan
04-08-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm sending prayer too.. I hope your aunt will have a successful surgery.

slleipnir
04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Done. I hope everything goes well.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I hope everything goes well, Lindsey. :)

jenfer
04-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Good thoughts to you and your family and your great aunt.

RubyMutt
04-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Thanks everyone :) I really appreciate it.

I just got back from the hospital about a half hour ago.

My mom was going to pick Avie during her lunch break and drop Avie off at a friend's for the afternoon. Avie was concerned about taking up a lot of time during my mom's lunch so she decided to just meet her in the front of the house. Well, she couldn't find her house keys to lock the front door, so she decided to go out through the car garage door. So, she opened the big garage door, then immediately closed it and tried to race under the door before it shut. Well, she didn't completely make it and the door ended up knocking her over :( Luckily one of our neighbors saw, came and helped her, called 911, etc. My mom got home even before the ambulance got there. So, she went to the hospital with her and called me at work at about 10:50am. She didn't seem too concerned at the time, it sounded like the doctors didn't even think it was broken. My mom called at 3:30 to tell me they were taking her in for x-rays. Well, at about 4:30 my dad called me said that they needed to do immediate surgery. So, I left work early. My dad said he'd pick me up at home so we wouldn't have 3 cars at the hospital. I got home around 5, but my dad got held up and didn't get home until around 6, so we didn't get to the hospital until around 6:20 and she had already gone in for surgery. So, we waited at the hospital for a few hours, but finally her surgeon came out. I felt better immediately, he's such a kind man. He said she'll be fine, that we might as well go home, she was sleeping, but will be up and WALKING tomorrow :D So, that was wonderful news, but I still haven't seen her since I left for work this morning :(

She's still at the hospital and will be there at least most of tomorrow.

So, now the important thing is just that she works hard at her physical therapy. Sadly, she's broken quite a few bones before, but she has always done VERY well at recovering. She's very persistent at working on her therapy. So, I'm not too worried about that. I just hope she learns to slow down a little. She is an incredibly ambitious women. She needs to remember that her body isn't as young as it used to be, even if her mind feels like it is :) She is for the most part a very healthy woman for her age, she just needs to take it easy a little more :)

Thanks again you guys, you're great :)

veegan
04-09-2004, 12:26 AM
jd lkdfs dfsdkfl s glad to hear things are going well so far. thats so scary though. :( tell avie to get well soon!fdgfd

anna_66
04-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Your aunt will be in my prayers Lindsey.

ramanth
04-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Positive thoughts and healing hugs sent your way.

slick
04-09-2004, 09:53 AM
There's always room for more Pet Talk Prayers. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Albea
04-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Good vibes going your way for your aunt's Avie quick recovery.

gini
04-09-2004, 09:59 AM
And I add prayers for your Aunt as well. What a dear family you have!

Dogz
04-09-2004, 10:34 AM
I am glad that everything went well with Aunt Avie's surgury.

Good vibes are coming for a good recovery.

Cinder & Smoke
04-09-2004, 11:30 AM
:eek:
*Racing* the garage door ~ at 92!!??

OMG!
Hope Auntie wears her helmet when she jumps on the Harley and
goes for a spin! :p

BEST WISHES for a Speedy Recovery! ;)