PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Ozzie

Ashers434
04-08-2004, 12:09 AM
About 2 weeks ago my baby Ozzie died. He was everything to me! My entire life. I miss him so much! He just turned 3 years old in January! He was too young to die!!!!! I was at school and my mom came to pick me up...which was weird...she told me "ozzie died." i was horrified. he was my son. I dont really now what happened either. he was laying on the kitchen floor and my dog baley was next to him. ozzie made a sound like...a deep cry and...that was his last breath. my mom started to cry and tried giving him cpr and hurried 5 min down the road to the vet but it was too late. my baby just died! um...what im wondering is what happened. the vet said its probably an annurism and there was no pain. or it could have been a heart defect which made his heart just stop. does this sound familiar to anyone? can anyone try to help me figure out what could have happened. he didnt choke or anything he just stopped breathing. he was so young! please... just send your thoughts. heres a picture of my baby. i hope he knows mommy loves him and misses him so much. :( :( :( :( :(

slick
04-08-2004, 12:50 AM
OMG I can't imagine the pain you must be going through right now. That's so sad that he died so suddenly. Take comfort in knowing that Ozzie loved you very much and he felt the love that you had for him. Right now I'll bet he's playing happily at the Rainbow Bridge and making lots of friends with the cat angels up there. At such a young age, God must have wanted him for some special task. He's doing OK now.

Welcome to Pet Talk. I think you will find a great source of strength here and lots of advice and support. I hope you stick around awhile.:)

ramanth
04-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Ozzie was a beautiful boy. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I feel it is okay to get a new pet after one has deceased. It helps ease the pain. You are not replacing Ozzie at all. Ozzie knew that you loved him and you'll still have those memories.

*hugs*

RedHedd
04-08-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm so sorry for your sudden loss of Ozzie. That sure is tragic. I lost my Goldie after a long life (15 years) with me. Everyone heals their grief in different ways and at different lengths of time. My house and heart felt so empty last year after Goldie went over the bridge (this Saturday will be the one year anniversary of her passing) that I got another cat 10 days later. Do what feels right in your heart. If it's the right time, the right cat will appear in your life and walk into your heart with his/her paws.

Welcome to PT.

moosmom
04-08-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Ozzie. The decision to get another cat is a personal one. It all depends on how YOU feel. If you're ready, then why not???

RIP Ozzie.

kuhio98
04-08-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Ozzie sounds like a great kitty.
Less than a month after Kuhio's death (1985-2002), we adopted Halo. Some people are shocked by that but we found comfort in giving another homeless baby a forever home. You'll know when the time is right to pass on all the love Ozzie taught you. To me, the only thing sadder than losing Kuhio would to have never loved another. I wouldn't be surprised if Ozzie didn't send another baby that needs you desperately. He knows what a wonderful, loving home you can provide.

smokey the elder
04-10-2004, 07:01 AM
You may get another cat when it feels right. I think that departed cats have a pretty big PAW in when and which cat appears to fill that hole. Smokey the Elder left such a big hole she sent THREE cats fo fill it.

Good luck, and RIP, Ozzie, you handsome dude.

jazzcat
04-10-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm so sorry about Ozzie. Rest in Peace sweet one.

If you feel you are ready for another kitty I think you should. You aren't betraying the one you lost, he will always be in your heart. You are just giving another kitty a chance at a happy life, especailly if you adopt a stray or shelter cat.

catmandu
04-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Ozzie was a Wonderful Cat , and I acn see , how much you would miss him. But , I am sure that Ozzie wouldnt want you to be lonely , and there are so Many Cats , that Ozzie wou want you to help , that need your love! RIP Ozzie, and there are Angel wings for you at The Rainbow Bridge!

Laura's Babies
05-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Man! I cried when I saw his picture, he was BEAUTIFUL! I know you are feeling like your world has just died. You can never replace Ozzie, he was so special and unique and there will never be another one like him, BUT.....

There are so many homless and needy ones in the world, it would make him proud if you found one to help ease your pain and help fill the void his loss left in your life. To rescue one that has no home and knows no love would be the best way you could honor his memory.

prettykitty1
05-01-2004, 10:29 PM
RIP Hope you feel better i know what it is like to loose a pet

manda_moo87
05-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh I'm so sorry for your recent loss of your dear Ozzie...:( May he Rest In Peace and forever remain in your heart.

krazyaboutkatz
05-02-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Ozzie's passing.:( I know what you're going through because I lost my Pepper in Feb. of last year. I think that adopting another cat is a wonderful way to help you get over your loss.
I knew that I was going to adopt another cat but one turned into two. Now I have four cats and I'm very happy with my fur family. You'll know when the time is right for you. RIP sweet Ozzie and please say hi to my Pepper for me.