PDA

View Full Version : Booda Box (sp?) question

AmberLee
04-07-2004, 08:36 PM
One of Livvy's gotcha day/birthday presents is a Booda Box and so far I'm not too impressed. Maybe I've done something wrong, but...

The bottom is roughly a quarter inch smaller than the top, so that leaves LOTS of room for sand to be scraped out. The flap seems to totally flummox Livvy and challenges Cassy: he keeps getting stuck in there, flips out, and jumps up knocking the lid all over. After three days of messes, I've said to heck with it and emptied the sand. It sits empty in a corner as a 'boudoir' for the Livstress, but a real disappointment as a gift.

For those of you who own this brand of lidded litter boxes:
Does the lid just rest lightly on the bottom? If so, how do you avoid messes?

How long did it take before your cats figured out how to use a flapped door? (I've always thought my two were bright, but am beginning to suspect they have the i.q.s of little furry bricks!)

I've spent big chunks of the last couple days sweeping up pounds of kitty litter. Are your Booda Boxes this messy, too? I figured it would be about the usual amount of litter box mess, not pounds more.

Confused and discouraged,
A. L.

catmandu
04-08-2004, 09:17 AM
The Found Cats all had thesame problem , as your Cats , and I too have the tops , of these boxes , as they are good , for the Stray Cats to sleep , in , and keep out of the cold. And the openings are made too small , for bigger Cats , way too small , for the Found Cats!

AmberLee
04-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Aha, thanks for the update. I should've asked before I splurged.

At least the 'cat sleeping bag' was popular (KAK photographed our unpacking it and it being "test pounced" by Cassy last Sunday!)