PDA

View Full Version : "The Swan"

Kfamr
04-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Is anyone watching it?

It sorta makes me sick. :(
The fact that these people can't be happy with who they are.
I'll love to see how they'll turn out, though.

CamCamPup33
04-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Im not watching it now, but im going to turn it on..

I feel the same way.. With all the reality shows, it's horrible they made one like this :(

slleipnir
04-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Never heard of it?

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 08:31 PM
i might watch it. what time does it come on? i don't really like the message it sends. basically that if you don't think you're pretty, get a bunch of plastic sugery.:rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
04-07-2004, 08:32 PM
I think it's a pretty horrible idea for a tv show, but that seems to be what people want to watch, so.....

I won't be watching it though.

Kfamr
04-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Wow... it's completely fruity too. :o

Karen
04-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Saw the promos, have no desire to watch it at all. Get some self-esteem, ladies!

People watch this kind of show, then still tell their children, "No, honey, looks don't count, judge people for who they are on the inside ... now don't interrupt, momma's watching that hag go under the knife ...."

Sigh.

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Karen
"No, honey, looks don't count, judge people for who they are on the inside ... now don't interrupt, momma's watching that hag go under the knife ...."

Sigh.

LMAO! sorry...that made me laugh really hard

mugsy
04-07-2004, 08:46 PM
My thoughts are: they're scraping the bottom of the barrell with this one.

And people wonder why so many women have self esteem problems....

slleipnir
04-07-2004, 08:52 PM
So it's just about people getting surgery cause they're not happy how they look??

Kfamr
04-07-2004, 08:56 PM
http://www.fox.com/swan/home.htm

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
So it's just about people getting surgery cause they're not happy how they look??
yeah. each show two ''ugly ducklings" get all kinds of plastic surgery to make them 'drop dead beauties' and then they go in a baeuty pageant

slleipnir
04-07-2004, 09:09 PM
O_O

I can see maybe if you were in an accident or hit in the face with something to get surgury, but other then that..I duno..sounds like an odd show

luckies4me
04-07-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't have a problem with minor plastic surgery such as a browlift, tummy tuck, liposuction or teeth stuff, but I do have a problem with more invasive things such as chin implants, cheek implants and things that totally change the way you look so that you look like a whole new person after. I have great self esteem but I will still have a tummy tuck after my last child because it's just something I want done. No biggie.

I like shows like this because I like medical stuff. If it makes them feel better about themselves than more power to them! The one lady had HORRIBLE teeth, I wouldn't want teeth like that either! If I could get it done for free I most definitely would! :)

DogLover9501
04-07-2004, 10:08 PM
I watched that, that was so stupid :rolleyes: yeah like that changed their entire lives...Im sure! :rolleyes:

It's a stupid show, that sends out a horrible message!!

slick
04-07-2004, 11:17 PM
It kind of reminds me of Extreme Makeover.

Sorry, not for me.

binka_nugget
04-07-2004, 11:27 PM
I find it really interesting. I'd do that in a flash if I could but I guess that's cause my self esteem is low.

Did you guys see the woman (I forgot her name) weighing her uh... new body parts? I found that really.. odd..