PDA

View Full Version : The Health Video....

Amber
04-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Next Tuesday, when we return from spring break. I have health that day, and we have to watch a video on the female organs, and the males too. My friends already watched it and they said it was the most nastiest thing ever. I dont wanna see it but I have too.

Im just afraid that I will faint. Because I have 2 times before.
The first time was in 5th grade and I fainted when we watched a video on scollioses(sp?)

and the 2nd time was the the VETS office. It was when we took maggie for her shots when she was a kitten. When they struck the shot in her, and heard her painful meow, I got light headed and there I was lireing on the floor. .....lol

What do I do? Im just afraid it will happen again and its not fun.

:(

GoldenRetrLuver
04-07-2004, 06:40 PM
So, this is a video you're watching in school? They actually force you to watch it? Wow. They didn't force us to watch those kinds of videos last year, or in 5th grade. We had to get our parent's permission, and they signed this sheet saying it was 'okay' to see it.

As for the scoliosis movie, I have it, and I don't know why you find it to be gross. :p That's the one with the spine curviture, right? Unless we're talking about two totally different things lol.

Amber
04-07-2004, 06:45 PM
yeah there was a paper. My mom wants me to 'learn' about it all though.. uhhhhg!

Im not sure what, but just the way the spine looked got to me who knows :p

catnapper
04-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Yep, we had to sign a paper stating that it was ok for our son/daughters to see the health video. Did your parents sign? Or did the school not send home a letter? Ask your parents if there's anything they can do to help you... then you can roll your eyes to your friends claiming how lame your parents are for notletting you see the video. :p lol.

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 06:56 PM
what grade are you in? i wonderif we have to watch that? oh wait, never mind i don't take healththis year. maybe it won't be too gross, if worst comes to worst just cover your ears and close your eyes;)

Amber
04-07-2004, 06:57 PM
im in 7th

lol, I could do that! lol :p :p

bluekat
04-07-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm in gr.8 this year...and we never had to watch any of those kinds of videos last year or this year:p Glad we didn't though;) lol. They don't really go into that unit THAT much here.

If I was you, I guess the only thing to do would be cover my eyes during the really disgusting parts:p

Tweety_Pie
04-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Im in 8th grade and we have to watch those kind of movies to. We had to learn about it since grade five. They can't force you to watch it though. If you are fealing uncomfortable about watching it you should REALLY talk to your teacher. One of my friends didn't want to watch one of the movies last year in Sex Ed. because she had a weak stomach and things like that made her uncomfortable, so she talked to the gym teacher and she didn't have to watch the movie.

They can't force you to watch the movie. During health this year we have to put a condom on a banana.. I think that is a bit inapropriate. And we have to watch ALOT of movies. But our gym teacher said we only had to put a condom on a banana if you were comfortable with it, and if you are fealing sick from watching the movies you can be excused.

And if you do have to watch it explain to your teacher that you might not be able to watch the movie, or talk to your parents and get them to write you a note

:)

carole
04-07-2004, 09:30 PM
I do feel for you, I Can imagine this makes you feel uncomfortable, is it embarrassment or just something that makes you feel squeamish?

Mind you we had no such thing in my day, and really I think it would have been better to, kids today need to be more informed, and it would not have hurt for us to be as well.
Good luck hope all goes well and you make it through the video ok.:)

CathyBogart
04-07-2004, 09:33 PM
I really think it's a good thing, because it has been shown over and over that if kids are educated about these things they are liess likely to indulge in them at a young age, and more likely to do so safely when they do.

If you're really worried that you might pass out, talk to your teacher.

Amber
04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Its not embarresment for me, I know it's life, and this is how things are done, it just makes me squeamish.

I think I will go through it. I'll just get to class ealier and talk to her. so if I feel uncomfortable I can leave the room.

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
. During health this year we have to put a condom on a banana..
:)

really? we never had to do that. maybe it's a bit extreme