PDA

View Full Version : Ugh... frog dissection rant.

binka_nugget
04-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Okay well for the past week, we've been doing dissections on frogs. I guess I'm fine with dissections so long as they remain for educational purposes.

Now I'm terrified of the frog. My lab partners understood and did the dissecting while I observed. But even I found this outrageous! At the end of dissection today, one group hacked their frog into bits. It was disgusting. Another group was flinging their frog around with a stick. One of my lab partners completely skinned hers..FOR "FUN!" :mad: A guy sitting in front of me was playing darts with the frog and needles! It was so disturbing to see them disrespect animals like that. I started shaking soooo badly. It was horrible.:mad: :mad:

It just never ceases to amaze me. And this would be a reason why I think my generation is doomed..ugh.

CathyBogart
04-07-2004, 06:05 PM
That's a little....uh...scary. The worst thing I ever did to any animal I've dissected is discovered how to make a dissected frog's heart start to beat again briefly, but while that wasn't part of the assignment it was something the teacher suggested we do. :(

Kfamr
04-07-2004, 06:15 PM
It seems as if this is at the teacher's fault. He/she should have had better control of the classroom, and kept it educational..

Very digusting.

Amber
04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Gross! Id be shaking too.

For the past weeks we have been watching videos on the disections.

But my teacher said we will be doing some...bleck, im afraid because we do the cat, and its gonna be hard since im a cat owner..ya know?

amoore
04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
That is awful! That would hurt me to of seen that. Frogs are sweet creatures and they do have hearts.

I have 7 in my green house that are sweet little critters. :( :(

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/sipoweitz4.jpg

GoldenRetrLuver
04-07-2004, 06:23 PM
That's horrible, Ash. :(
I agree with Kay; I think the teacher should have had better control of his classroom.

Logan
04-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
It seems as if this is at the teacher's fault. He/she should have had better control of the classroom, and kept it educational..

Very digusting.

I totally agree, KayAnn. Maybe a lecture, before the dissection about proper ettiquette would have helped.
Geez!! Where was the teacher when this was going on????

binka_nugget
04-07-2004, 06:26 PM
He was just sitting around "supervising" us. It was just so tramatizing. My other lab partner and I immediately started ranting and raving about how it was disrespectful but they just kept doing it. :(

Nomilynn
04-07-2004, 07:56 PM
This was exactly how it happened when I was in high school too, which is why I am TOTALLY against dissection in high schools. It doesn't do any good when the majority of the kids are fooling around and acting like idiots. And even though my teacher tried her best to control the class, and was a VERY good teacher, things still happened behind her back that only other students could see. It was very sick.

slleipnir
04-07-2004, 08:34 PM
A lot of ppl did stuff like that when we did it too :(

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 08:37 PM
ewww that's gross! i think i have to disect frogs and stuff next year