PDA

View Full Version : Had a job interview this morning......

luckies4me
04-07-2004, 01:26 PM
and I need prayers that I get this job!!!! It's working at the UofO's Animal Lab and I could gain tons of experience through this job. They even talked about getting me certified through AAALAS. They said they would pay for my testing and everything. I had THREE people interview me. I really want this job. I think I hit it off great with the people there and the one man there asked for my email so I could send him some USDA info. I would get to work with monkeys, rabbits, rats, mice, zebra fish, owls and reptiles. The bad thing? I would have to get rid of my rats, almost all of them. Because I own rats I might not get the job because of the potential to exposure of diseases to their animals in the lab. I told them I really want this job though, SO bad! I could keep my old ratties, Bandit, Meeko, Honey and Wrinkles and they said they could do an Eliza test on them to see if they have anything. But I would not be able to bring in any more rodents into my home, which means I would have to stop breeding and also place my young rats. I was going to take a breeding break anyway.

This job pays VERY well! It also has very good benefits too. I really want this job so bad. My interview lasted a long time and I could tell they liked me. I had all the experience they needed and even said they could train me to help with their testing. This is a GOOD lab, as in they don't hurt the animals. They do basic cell and genetic testing, as well as fungal and bacterial cultures and do not cause great pain. They are so different than what I thought a real lab was. I guess I was proved wrong. AND they even said I could do a bunny adoption!!!! Which means I could rehome the rabbits who did not have to be euthanized! I could find them homes. Wouldn't that be great? I would also get help with schooling too.

I WANT THIS JOB SO BAD! Please pray that I get it!!!! :D :D :D

luckies4me
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh yes, and all their animals are housed on Carefresh, NOT pine like I thought they would be LOL. Misconceptions. :p

moosmom
04-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Good luck, Cass. Please let us know the minute you hear anything.

Logan
04-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Good luck! :D I feel so "behind" because I didn't realize that you weren't working at the Vet's office any longer. :o

amoore
04-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Good luck Cass, I hope you get this job. I am sure all those creatures will be happy to have a sweet nice lady that cares, there with them.:)

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Good luck! be sure to tell us the second you hear anything!:D *crossed fingers*

luckies4me
04-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone. :) I am cooking dinner for Dan and his dad before he leaves for Costa Rica tomorrow morning. I just got an email from the lady asking for some info about another job I told them about. They seemed very nice. They said it was a pleasure meeting me today. So now they want more info on me. :eek:

I need to email them back asap so I should get going. BTW my family was here and they just left this afternoon after my interview. :( I cried for about an hour I was so sad to see them leave. Even Dylan was sad. :( I didn't want them to leave so soon. I took tons of pics though so I will post them later on today. :D First I need to email them back! Wish me luck and please please please pray I get this job. I could work with tons of monkeys and get valuable experience since I want to eventually work at a zoo!

Corinna
04-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Good luck prayers are winging they way to you.

slleipnir
04-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Good luck! I hope you get it :D

carole
04-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Good Luck Cass, I hope this job is everything you hope it to be, and you are offered the position, sounds great, fingers and paws crossed here for ya sweetie.

IttyBittyKitty
04-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Please keep us updated!!!

luckies4me
04-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Well I got another email this morning with them letting me know another man will be contacting me. It's like I want the job, but I don't. It could be a great oppurtunity for me, but I don't want to have to rehome ALL my rodents just for a job. It's something I have to think about.

They had over 2,000 applicants and only three people were asked to interview. I was one of those three. The other two are guys.

Logan
04-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Why would you have to rehome your rodents, Cass? Did I miss something?? That would not be unusual for me!!! :o

luckies4me
04-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Why would you have to rehome your rodents, Cass? Did I miss something?? That would not be unusual for me!!! :o

Because the risk to their pathogen free rats are too great. I would have to rehome ALL my rodents, rats, mice, and hammies.
:( But this is an awesome job and can really take me places. I am torn on what to do.

moosmom
04-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Cass,

I guess it depends on how bad you want the job!

Logan
04-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Cass. I don't know what I would do in your place........I will just trust you to make the right decision. That's easy for me to say, right?? Good luck, regardless!!!

slleipnir
04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Aw, that would be real tough. I'm sure everything will work out fo rth best though :)

carole
04-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Cass you have a very hard decision to make my friend, and only you can do that, you will know in your heart if its the right thing to do or not, it sure is a toughie, make a list with the good things about taking the job and the bad things, and see how you do, that might help your decision, good luck Babe.:)

luckies4me
04-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Well first I need to see if I get the job LOL! I kinda feel like I won't get it, I don't know. I think me having rats is really working against me. We will see though. :) If not, try try again LOL!