PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE...please look at this! Standard or Miniature Poodle?

guster girl
04-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Ok, I felt kinda bad, but, now, I'm really curious! Is it physically heard of for a Standard Poodle to be this small?! The owners say that her papers say Standard Poodle......Looks miniature to me, but, I wanted to get opinions on whether there can be small standard poodles....anyway, here's the link to dogster. :)

http://www.dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=26614

aly
04-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Hehe, thats no Standard! Standards are over 15 inches tall, so unless those are all puppy pics ... (which it doesn't look like)

Pam
04-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Yep Aly is right! That is a miniature for sure! It also gives the weight as 11-25 lbs. :confused: My Bella is a standard and she weighs 40 lbs. and she is on the low end of the scale for a standard. I had a standard once whose dad was 65 lbs.!

lv4dogs
04-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Thats not a standard! I know the dog looks as if it could use a bit of grooming but the first pic looks like a bichon or a bichon mix, the other 2 pics look like a poodle mix? Not sure what the breed is for sure?!?!?!?!:confused:

guster girl
04-07-2004, 01:42 PM
That's what I thought! But, I emailed them through the "pup pals" thing and said something about it looking like a miniature, and, they said her papers said she was a standard. Umm....no. And, I thought it looked mixed, too, but, whatever. :)

DogLover9501
04-07-2004, 01:49 PM
I agree, thats definatly a miniture, my cousins have 2 min poodles and they look alot like that, even smaller, and groomed :p

Tina
04-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Yes she is a miniature poodle. My friend has two of them that live with her parents. Her female looks just like that dog when she has not been groomed.

lovemyshiba
04-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Looks like little Spot likes to drink!!!!!;)

I don't know too much about poodles, but I don't think it's a standard.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-07-2004, 03:03 PM
It looks like a bichon to me too. Tho thats just from pictures, I guess it could be a minature poodle. No Way at all that could be a standard.

jenluckenbach
04-08-2004, 05:53 AM
All I can hope is that they didn't PAY for a standard poodle.

Because if they did, they were jipped.

EssTer
04-08-2004, 05:59 AM
well at first when I saw first pic it looked like bichon.. maybe it's poodle, but NOT standart, more like that miniature...

guster girl
04-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
All I can hope is that they didn't PAY for a standard poodle.

Because if they did, they were jipped.

Well, I read their little story on dogster, and, it seems like they got the dog from a friend. It doesn's seem as if they paid for him. But, when I emailed him to a pup pal, they said that her papers said she was standard. Hmmmm.....did someone just handwrite a personal note? Or else they got another dog's registration.