PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket versus ImageStation

emily_the_spoiled
04-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Over the past little while I have noticed that some PTer's have moved from ImageStation to Photobucket for posting pictures of their babies. I just got a digital camera last weekend and haven't started posting yet. But I would like to know the pros and cons of each site. Suggestions, comments, etc....

(and then you will be innundated with kitty pictures :D )

slleipnir
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
I don't use either, as I have my own server. But I believe (from what other say) that Photobucket is better. I don't think ImageStation allows offsite linking anymore, and I've heard Photobucket is faster...so it seems that it's better. hehe

Felicia's Mom
04-07-2004, 12:05 PM
I am someone who changed from ImageStation to Photobucket. I did this because ImageStation no longer allows pictures to be posted on messages boards, i.e. Pet Talk.

My complaint with Photobucket are the size of the pictures. They are either too small or too big. Now I have to use a program to change the sizes. I didn't have to do that with Imagestation.

EssTer
04-07-2004, 12:10 PM
well I use both:D

AAAAAnd, I have no problem with imagestation about posting images in boards.. Actually all pictures I have in imagestation AND in photobucket LOL.. sometimes I'm just afraid that one of them could broke down LOL...

Well maybe I like better imagestation, because photobucket sometimes doesn't work for me (maybe it just doesn't like me LOL) and I haven't had any problems with imagestation...

tomkatzid
04-07-2004, 12:38 PM
We have both too. Some of the sites we need to post to won't accept Image Station.
Katz

Felicia's Mom
04-07-2004, 01:19 PM
I have both of them right now, but was going to stop using Imagestation. As long as they are both free I will use both of them.

Kfamr
04-07-2004, 01:36 PM
It's against imagestation's rules to post photos from their site onto others.

I like imagestation's options better (Albums and such) but photobucket is quicker, and allows direct linking.

jenfer
04-07-2004, 03:40 PM
I like photobucket. It allows you to direct link. It works well in PT and LJ. :)

Tina
04-07-2004, 03:56 PM
I have both but have pretty much stopped using Imagestation.

I like Photobucket alot better since it allows the direct linking:) But sometimes I do have problems with it.

Logan
04-07-2004, 04:29 PM
It sure seems like the Photobucket pictures take longer to load at PT. Is that just me??? I'm on a cable modem and usually it is so fast!!!! I don't use either of those for pictures, of course, I rarely post pictures, either. :o

G.P.girl
04-07-2004, 05:37 PM
i use imagestation. i don't know much about either of them.

catnapper
04-07-2004, 05:50 PM
I think imagestation is a pain in the you-know-what when you have to log in, then go to "my imagestation" then to upload, then to here, then there.... ugh!

With Photobucket, you log in and you're there, rwasdy to upload and view pictures. You can have multiple albums and its great. ITs also much faster... partly because you don't have to follow the steps and partly because things actually load faster. I really hate to have to go to Imagestation to poull any old photos.

lovemyshiba
04-07-2004, 05:56 PM
While I do appreciate the fact that we are permitted to link our photos from photobucket, I have no patience when it comes to downloading them. I can download 20 pictures in half the time to imagestation, and I love the albums and borders and frames and colors--photobucket is so blah.
I tried twice today to upload pictures--only 5 came out--now when I go to the album, half of them aren't showing up, and some are cut off.

My connection is good, my computer is good--imagestation is just easier for me, personally.

I need to look into getting my own server.

Kfamr
04-07-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm having no problem loading pictures :confused:

binka_nugget
04-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Logan
It sure seems like the Photobucket pictures take longer to load at PT. Is that just me???

It's like that for me too and I have adsl so I know it's not my connection.

I use both. I use imagestation for backing up my dog pictures because I'm so terrified of losing all the pictures when my computer dies on me again. I like the fact that I could upload ALOT of photos on imagestation at once without having to find each file like on photobucket. But overall, I like photobucket more. The quality of the photos don't seem to deteriorate and it's very user friendly (well, unless you like to upload ALOT of photos at a time).

Truffles
04-07-2004, 06:16 PM
i liike photobucket its fast and lets you link photos plus you can upload gif's too imagestation doesn't allow you to upload gif's

good luck

marylyn