PDA

View Full Version : issues with Photobucket?

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 09:29 PM
I decided to try out photobucket because I took a bunch of new pictures and I know Imagestation has started having hissy fits, but it is SUCH a pain in the butt!!!!!!! :mad: I can't upload more than 2 pictures at a time and it's SO slow.. am I doing something wrong? Is there a "trick" I should know about? Does anyone else have this issue?

HELP!!! :p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-06-2004, 09:32 PM
you can upload about 19 at a time, and it only takes a minute or two, maybe its your connection.

Kfamr
04-06-2004, 09:40 PM
I've had no problem with Photbuckets at all since i've been using it, so I have no idea. :confused:

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 09:43 PM
I have cable, so it isn't the connection. Every other site I've gone to is coming up nice and fast.

I know I am supposed to be able to upload 19 pics at a time, but every time I try it says "cannot find server" and I can't even get back into the album. Sigh.. maybe the site is having some trouble right now?

catnapper
04-06-2004, 09:43 PM
hmmm... I have had the opposite - I think Photobucket is much MUCH faster! Try it again.:)

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 09:47 PM
ok.. I tried again.. everything is fast until I actually try to upload the picture. Could there be something I'm not doing that I should?? It says cookies has to be enabled.. how do I know if they are?

popcornbird
04-06-2004, 09:55 PM
PhotoBucket is probably 10 times faster than imagestation for me.

Try downsizing the pics before loading them. That makes it even faster.

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 10:00 PM
It is not fast, period. It takes at LEAST a whole minute PER picture. These pictures aren't huge.. they are just average sized pictures. It timed out again while I was trying to load ONE picture. This site is a waste of time :p

Dogz
04-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Photobucket works great for me. It is faster than any other site I have used. Although, sometimes it can be slow for me. Tonight, it took about 5 minutes to upload one picture. Maybe there were a lot of people connected to Photobucket. :)

popcornbird
04-06-2004, 10:07 PM
It takes me like 3 seconds for one pic.......without resizing.........for huge pics! :eek: Its your computer. :p

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 10:09 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with my computer.

Dogz
04-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Is your computer older?

I have a '98, and it is a bit slower than my '00. :) Good luck, Naomi!

catnapper
04-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I know I am supposed to be able to upload 19 pics at a time, but every time I try it says "cannot find server" and I can't even get back into the album. Sigh.. maybe the site is having some trouble right now?
Sounds like either your ISP or Photobucket is especially busy right now. Seriously, Photobucket is so much faster normally. I was amazed! I've come to really dislike Imagestation because of the time and all of the steps one needs to go trough to upload photos and add them to albums, etc. Photobucket is so easy and user-friendly. Don;t give up yet.:D

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 10:18 PM
It's not my computer. It's not my connection. It's the photobucket website. It's only taken about 15 mins to get all my 52 pictures onto imagestation. It has to be the site. Perhaps a lot of people are trying to access it, like Dogz suggested. I'll give it a try again at like 2am :p But if it won't work after that, I'm giving up on it :p

popcornbird
04-06-2004, 10:24 PM
I think I know the problem..............too many PT'ers moved there! It must have been us that made imagestation slow, and now we're making PhotoBucket slow too. :p

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 10:34 PM
I've put my pics on Imagestation, so I'll just post from there :)

catnapper
04-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Ok, I was too lazy til now to test Photobucket from my end... it took forever just to log on. So you're not nuts. But while I was drumming my fingers against the desk waiting, I saw that they had a notice up. It was talking about how they're upgrading the site. This might account for the slowness. :)

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Hmm.. I didn't see that.. maybe they were just starting things when I was trying to log in. I will try again :)

lovemyshiba
04-07-2004, 03:37 PM
I didn't notice that either...
I tried to upload 19 pics today, and only 5 came up. I did it again, and only 3 more came up. I have absolutely no patience, so I shut it down.

Here's what Kito thinks of it:
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/emily921/8f0f5ba6.jpg

lovemyshiba
04-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Yuck--I just noticed how big it made my picture--I don't know how to resize, so I guess it's back to imagestation for me!!

Tina
04-07-2004, 04:03 PM
I did notice it was a bit slower today, but I'm not giving up on the site. I really like it a lot better then imagestation now.