PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers needed.....

DogLover9501
04-06-2004, 07:54 PM
I need all PTers to pray and hope.....*Story Below*

(Sorry its a bit long)

A few weeks before Christmas, my little cousin Rhian(Ree-ann) woke up and her mom(my aunt Sherri) was going to change her and her diaper was filled with blood, so they rushed her to the children's emergancy hospital.

She was diagnosed with cancer, she had it on her bladder, a few spots on the liver and ovaries. But good news kept comming after that, she had the best kind you can get, fast curing and all of that. She began treatment right away and all of that.

They thought it was gone, thought it was all over. But yesterday they found out that it's not all gone, and that they might need to do an operation(they need to go "up through her" and she may not be able to have any children") They also found out that when they did this operation before on another child, when they opened the child up, the cancer spread through her and she passed away, just like that.

We are all very very scared and worried, Rhian is only 14 months old :( Her mother had 2-3 miscarriages before having her, and she is a blessing, I believe(and hope) that this little angel was not sent here just to be taken away, and I hope everything goes well :( I am so scared, everyone is scared.

Please hope and pray!! I will keep you updated.

catnapper
04-06-2004, 07:57 PM
What a terrible situation! Of course I'll send many prayers and well wishes!

DogLover9501
04-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks! I am glad someone will hope and pray for her, I am really worried!

I will update...

Karen
04-06-2004, 10:41 PM
She'll be in our prayers. Someone beloved to me is a survivor of childhood cancer, back when they all thought that wasn't possible. I hope Rhian will be, too.

popcornbird
04-06-2004, 10:48 PM
What a sad story. :( I will definitely keep your sweet cousin in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss Meow
04-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Positive thoughts on the way to your cousin and her family.

I hope they can cure her completely so she can live a long and happy life.

shais_mom
04-06-2004, 11:58 PM
How sad. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

DogLover9501
04-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Thanks everyone, I knew I could count on all you PTers :)

NoahsMommy
04-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Poor thing :( I'll be praying for your darling cousin and your family. I'm sure this is really hard on everyone. :(

Take care...

EssTer
04-07-2004, 04:07 AM
Ooh, no.. it's terrible...I'm sorry to hear that.. Prayers are one way.. I really hope all will be fine..

Christiansmommy
04-07-2004, 06:55 AM
I will certainly pray for her and mom.

My husband's sister got cancer at the age of probably 2 or so. My husband, who at the time was probably 6 or so, was running around the house, and ran into her, and kicked her in the process...a brotherly sort of thing to do, anyway, if that hadn't have happened they may not have known so quickly what was to come. She too, started peeing blood and they found out that she had cancer of her kidney. So she had one removed, and went through Chemo. I am happy to say she is 21 years old today, and very healthy...so i hope that is some sort of reassurance for you. I don't know if you are a God believing type of person, but both myself and my in laws are, and you just have to stick with God through it all and pray hard. I am sure you are! He got my in laws through their very tough situation...and He can do the same for you and your family.

Anyway, i am praying for your cousin, for a clean bill of health and for strength for mom through this tough time.

(((HUGS)))

Robyn

Pam
04-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Oh my!! :( Your poor aunt must be absolutely frantic! She and your little cousin will definitely be in our prayers. Aunt Sherri most certainly needs lots of prayers for strength and little Rhian for a complete healing with no recurrences. ((((hugs))))

Christiansmommy
04-07-2004, 07:19 AM
No that this has much to do with anything, but i just noticed your Aunt's name is Sherri, and that is my husband's sisters name, who had the cancer...spelled exactley the same way...huh.

lynnestankard
04-07-2004, 07:42 AM
I'm so dreadfully sorry to hear about your cousin - needless to say Rhian and your Aunt will be in my thoughts and prayers - I do hope all goes well for them.

Lynne

Cinder & Smoke
04-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Hellow, God ~

Sorrie to keep kallin, God;
but we're havin a problem wiff sicklee 2-Leggers down here...

Please Help out the White Coats wiff DogLover's cousin,
lil Missy Rhian - show em which page inna Big Book to read.

An wuld You wrap Your GodsPaws round da whole Fambily to
give em all some Comfort & Hope?

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

lbaker
04-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Blessings, hugs and a special candle lit in the window for that dear little girl, her mom and all the family.....

DogLover9501
04-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone, I will let Sherri and Peter(her husband) know how great you all are!

Rhian is a daddy's little girl, when she is home and in hospital, Sherri can do whatever and go where ever, but her daddy can't move from her side, and he won't :)

She had to go get tests today, I am not sure what kind of tests, but I will keep updating you all, thanks so much for all the prayers, stories and comfort.

Robyn- I forgot to add something, and your story reminded me of it, a girl came to talk to Peter and Sherri, who was a couple months older than Rhian and had the exact same type cancer as Rhians and in the same places, and she is now 20 and is going to university, except she didn't need an operation.

Well thanks so much again, you all are great, I will update!

ChrisH
04-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts for little Rhian, her mom, dad, and all the family.

Hugs
Chris

catland
04-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Prayers on the way. For Rhian and for all her family going through this right now.

Tina
04-07-2004, 04:10 PM
I will be keeping little Rhian in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
04-07-2004, 04:22 PM
They are all in my prayers. What a horrifying situation to deal with, especially with such a small child. :( Rhian and her family are at the top of my prayer list. Keep us posted.

Logan

Stenograsaurus
04-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Rhian and her whole family are in my prayers. What a heartbreaking situation. Rhian and my Brooke are the same age. I couldn't imagine having to go through something like that.

DogLover9501
04-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Thanks all, again! You guys are great ;)

Again, I will update whenever I hear any news.

Albea
04-08-2004, 08:39 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for baby Rhian and her parents with best wishes that the marvels of modern medicine have a cure for this little girl.