PDA

View Full Version : Is there a.....

RICHARD
04-06-2004, 04:56 PM
trick or something your cat does that makes you think they are the smartest cat in the world?

What is it?

Miss Meow
04-06-2004, 05:31 PM
They get me to provide their food, buy them a heated bed, use me as a pillow at night, build extravagant outdoor enclosures for their viewing pleasure and pet them upon demand.

All cats are way smarter than me :)

catnapper
04-06-2004, 05:35 PM
He KNOWS when I open a pouch of wet food. Since its a pouch, it makes absolutely no noise being opened, yet he will come from the third floor out of a deep sleep within seconds of me tearing it open. To me thats utterly amazing.:D

boscibo
04-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Hanna's fetching has me convinced she is the smartest cat in the world. She fetches better than the dogs!

The other morning I grabbed one of the two mousies I had up on the dresser to play fetch (I keep them on the dresser because if she is left with the mousies unsupervised she drags them out for the dogs, and they chew them up). I laid on the bed and the first mousie fell off and went under the bed. Since I was too lazy to fish it out right then, I grabbed mousie #2 off the dresser. I laid back down on the bed and threw it for Hanna. She grabbed it, went back and got mousie #1 from under the bed, then she managed to fit both mousies in her mouth and jumped back up on the bed and dropped both off by my hand. She's amazing!

slick
04-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Max can tell time......

When I'm home on the weekend he let's me know exactly when it's dinnertime AND it's always between 5:55pm and 6:05pm. Everytime!!!!

Miss Meow
04-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by slick
Max can tell time......

When I'm home on the weekend he let's me know exactly when it's dinnertime AND it's always between 5:55pm and 6:05pm. Everytime!!!!

How does he cope with daylight saving? :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
She grabbed it, went back and got mousie #1 from under the bed, then she managed to fit both mousies in her mouth and jumped back up on the bed and dropped both off by my hand. She's amazing!
Awww....that's so adorable!! I can see how you think she's the smartest cat in the world. :D

Tubby sits in his "crows nest" and watches the activity down below by looking in the mirror across the way. Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about - ignore the smiley face. ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p1cf75e39058297042af019e7ff3d7756/f978c1c3.jpg

See the pad on the floor by Mr. Smiley? That's where Tubby lays and looks out through the railing to the mirror on the opposite wall (above Terry's hand). He knows he can't see what's going on directly below him by looking down, but he knows if he looks in the mirror he'll be able to see everything that's going on. I don't know how he figured this out, but he did it on his own because really, how could I teach him something like that? ;)

Another thing he did was when I got him a box to help him get into bed (so he doesn't have to jump that far), all I had to do was show it to him once and he has used it every single time he has gotten into bed since (except the one time he jumped right up just to defy me :rolleyes: ). He is a fast learner and really is the smartest cat in the world. :D

Peanut on the other hand is awfully cute......:rolleyes: :D

jazzcat
04-06-2004, 06:48 PM
My Jazzy girl is a fetcher too. I spent about 5 minutes with her one day when she was about 5 months old and she caught on to how to play fetch. She's better than any dog I've ever had. She will fetch her mice, twist ties, plastic milk rings, fuzzy balls and more. The neatest thing is she will even bring the laser pointer to you when she want to play with that. She will pick it up off the coffee table and bring it to where ever we are sitting. She's such a brilliant little thing.

Ripley only knows how to turn round door knobs to open doors.

I'm still waiting for Scout to show us a trick.

Nomilynn
04-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Peanut on the other hand is awfully cute......:rolleyes: :D

ROFL!!!!! :D :D

Bassett can say "Mama." When I call her and say "Bassett, do you love your Mama?" she will answer with something that kinda sounds like "Meow-eow" and so I always say she's calling me :p

guster girl
04-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Lock jumps over five feet straight up in the air. :) Other than that, he's just the best cat ever anyway. ha ha. Cats rule.

catmandu
04-07-2004, 09:19 AM
JJJ3 loved the Cat Nip plant , that Sara sent and he searched , and searched until he found it , up in a cupboard! Then dropped it , which negated his finding it!

rkidsrcats
04-07-2004, 10:21 AM
This trick is called the Pip Flip and it is rarely caught on film. But luckily I had the video handy when this happened. He only flipped once and I copied the clip 3 times so you have full visual effect.
It's our most favorite trick!

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/3_pipflips.wmv