PDA

View Full Version : Connor needs an OP

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
On Friday I noticed a discharge from one of Connor's ears, so on Saturday it was off to the vet!

She examined him, and cleaned TONS of wax out of his ears!!!:( :o :o :o I am so ashamed - I never realised how dirty his ears were. I clean both his and Ally's ears with a cotton ball, but I don't go too deep, and the vet was poking around with an earbud!

She says that she needs to check his ears properly, and to do that he needs to have a General Anaesthetic. Whilst he is under she will check his timpanic membrane and try to find out why he is deaf!

They gave him an anti-inflamatory and antibiotic injection (during which he bit me), and some ointment for his ears)

I know he has had a General Anaesthetic before (for his neuter and his tail op), but I am still really worried about it!

Please keep my big boy in your thoughts and prayers!

catcrazylady
04-06-2004, 02:14 PM
OH poor Connor! Of course we will be praying for that sweetie! When will he have this done?

lynnestankard
04-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Poor Connor - hope all goes well - {{{Hugs}}} across the miles for the sweet boy and his Meowmie xxxx

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Oh no, I hope all goes well. And maybe, just maybe she'll find out why he's deaf and maybe there's a chance it can be corrected. But I've heard that for people who have been deaf all their lives and then for whatever reason they start to hear, it's actually kind of scary because everything seems so loud and there is just soooo much noise that they are overwhelmed by it.

Anway, just wanted to let you know we'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers out for Connor. :)

ramanth
04-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Poor Connor. I hope his procedure goes well!

Felicia's Mom
04-06-2004, 03:17 PM
I hope everything goes ok for Connor. I will be thinking of him.

sqwelch
04-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Prayers for Connor, paws crossed too xxx
Here's hoping they might be able to correct his hearing, that would be great !!

PayItForward
04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Thinking about your big baby boy..may everything go well :)

Randi
04-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Poor Connor! :( He's such a gorgeous boy!! I hope the vet can clean out all the dirt! It would be perfect if he could get part of his hearing back, it wouldn't be such a huge shock! ;)

When Fister had anaesthesia? we asked the vet if he could give him a little less than normal - and it worked! :) That was when he had his teeth cleaned. Perhaps you can do the same. ;)

Will be sending positive thoughts that all is going well!!

Miss Meow
04-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Good luck, Connor!

I hope all goes well.

catnapper
04-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Best of luck, you handsome young man and I hope when they look, they find out your hearing loss is fixable. Kisses and hugs to get through your tests.

jazzcat
04-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Poor Connor, best of luck to you sweetie!

Like catnapper said, maybe they will be able to help his hearing loss.

Fingers and paws crossed.

Edwina's Secretary
04-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Oh Connor....you poor little guy. I, too hope something good comes out of your procedure......

Karen
04-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Connor, sweetie, as a half-deaf human, I promise we'll all love you just as much if your ears are still just decorative once they are cleaned out. We all want the best for you, now be good at the white-coats!

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Poor Connor.:( I sure hope that everything goes well. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please keep us updated.

Steffi N
04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Dear Connor, I hope the procedure goes well for you and it would be so wonderful if something could be done to help you hear again. So be a good boy. Pets for you. :)

Uniqueviking
04-06-2004, 09:14 PM
My very best wishes to your Connor!!!

Kirsten
04-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Poor Connor, I'll be thinking of you on Friday!

And Julie, I can understand that your nervous, even when it's only a small OP. Maybe, when they can find out why he's deaf, could they help him?

Kirsten

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-07-2004, 05:39 AM
I was supposed to take Connor in today, but my hubby booked my car in for a service, so I had to postpone it 'till Saturday. (I DO really need to get the car fixed, as I broke down on the freeway last week, but I really wanted to get Connor's op over with quickly)

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-07-2004, 05:45 AM
Poor Connor Kat....

Praying all goes well.. (and i am sure it will).. poor kitty.

it would be so much better on us all if we could just talk to them and tell them what is going on..

Keep us updated ...

*KISSES* for Connor!

catlover4ever
04-07-2004, 06:53 AM
You better beleive that Connor will be in our prayers. Sending positive thought and prayers your way. --- Meg

catmandu
04-07-2004, 09:08 AM
the Found Cats are sending all thier LOVE , Headbumps and Kiity Kissies to thier Pal Connor , and pray that he is well soon , and dont feel guilty , as our Feeder , doesnt check our ears , either!

Barbara
04-07-2004, 09:27 AM
I keep my fingers crossed for poor Connor.
It is always worth it checking with the vet as to the strength of the anesthesia. If they do things like tooth cleaning - and I suppose ear cleaning- they can give much less anesthesia than in the case of a major surgery.

My co-worker's cat Mona who has a heart condition had to have extracted 3 teeth last week. The first time she had anesthesia for her neutering, nobody knew about the heart condition and Mona was close to not waking up anymore. This time she had medication (beta blocker) plus a special anesthesia and she did superfine. (And we had all been worrying very much).

So I am sure Connor will be fine and there can only be a positive outcome - they might find a reason why he is deaf.:)

Filou and Tigris send nosekissies and headbumpies:)

jenluckenbach
04-08-2004, 06:04 AM
Best of luck to you and to Conner.

will be waiting for updates.

Lilith Cherry
04-08-2004, 09:36 AM
good luck Connor!! I am deaf in one ear too .. I hope the vet can help with that as well as clean up the problem ear.

Love from Lilith and the Chinese princesses Jade and Pearl

Killearn Kitties
04-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Good luck with your operation Connor sweetie. We'll all be thinking of you and keeping paws and fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Cataholic
04-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Dear Connor- best wishes for your OP, and hugs to you, Julie.

popcornbird
04-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Will be praying for Connor. {{{hugs}}}

sirrahbed
04-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Sorry you have to wait another day for the OP! Would be great if they found out something could be easily done to maybe improve Connor's hearing:D So he BIT you when he got a shot? Oh my!:eek:

BastetsMum
04-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Chronic ear infections are the worst. Bastet gets them all the time. Instead of her wax being a healthy yellowy colour, her's is black from growth in her ears. She has had an ear cleaning under general before but it didn't do much good since L shaped ears can't dry out properly.

Good luck with Connor :) I hope everything goes well.

AmberLee
04-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Oh, boy. Sounds like the last couple days have been stressful for you all. Warm wishes and crossed fingers/paws here that the outcome is good for you. {{{hugs and headbumpies from the fur crew}}}

(Meowmy will hold you all in her prayers, instead.) ;)

IttyBittyKitty
04-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Pixel and Randi are thinking of you ... make sure your Meowmie gives you lots of treats and hugs (Pixel says the best thing about being sick is you can MILK it!)

Kirsten
04-09-2004, 08:58 AM
((((Keeping you and Connor in our thoughts...)))

Best wishes,
Kirsten & the Girls

ChrisH
04-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts all goes well for Connor.