PDA

View Full Version : Brian is marching home today!

4 Dog Mother
04-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Christy called this morning to say Brian was on an airplane and on his way home. Wahoo! Finally!

Here is an e-mail I just got from Christy:

Hello everybody! How are you all doing? Here, we're doing better than we have been in a while! Just wanted to quickly email you all to let you know that I just got the call! Brian is now on his way back to the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am to be at the meeting gym at about 8 pm and they said the unit should arrive by around 8:30 pm! Tonight is the night we've been waiting almost a year for! I know they've got a little ceremony to wish them home before they are released, but we will hopefully be home by about 10 pm or so! Again, hope you all are doing well! Guess we'll be talking to you very soon!

Love,
Christy and Jasmine!

Jasmine is ready to greet her daddy and welcome him home.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p9b0a55647ee2a5c917c8ca7fa084a9e2/f95b3c6a.jpg

I think the 3 doggies are going to be excited to see him too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pe74a7c45c85d94e1951b0fafa3631b81/fbcc9e18.jpg

The sad news is that Brian's brother Terry is now in Baghad having just gotten there last Sunday. Here he is saying goodbye to Jasmine.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/pbf371de186334b2daf7f9e1929a99609/f93a9ffc.jpg

Unfortunately, Terry and his mother are not getting along (a very long story and it's mostly his mother's fault) so he calls Christy to let her know where he is and how he is doing.

So we know need to pray for Terry's safe return (and let's not forget Andrew, Sourya's husband)!

trayi52
04-06-2004, 12:37 PM
That is great news! Welcome home Brain!! So glad you get to come home and be with that new baby!!

4dm, isn't that just the cutest little grandbaby?? She looks so happy!

I hate to hear that Brains brother Terry is now over there, I hope and pray he will be kept safe.

But I am so happy to hear Brain is coming home to Christy and Jasimine!

Willie:)

Logan
04-06-2004, 12:40 PM
What wonderful news, Diana!!!!! :D We will certainly be keeping Terry and Andrew, as well as the other soldiers in our prayers. :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-06-2004, 12:54 PM
:D
Oh HAPPIE DAZE!!

WELCOME HOME, Brian!! :)

And... THANKS for Going
over there for All of Us!

GLAD you're back -
Safe & Sound!

Now let's all Pray that
Terry and Andrew
Stay SAFE, too!

trayi52
04-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Oops I completely forgot about Andrew! I am sorry. I hope and pray for his safe return also. I think I got all excited when I seen Jasmine!

Willie:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-06-2004, 01:16 PM
WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!
Thanks for letting us share in the happy event!
I'm sure sweet Jasmine's smile will be even bigger when he gives her lots of hugs and kisses!:D :D :D

lovemyshiba
04-06-2004, 02:06 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that Brian is on his way home, where he belongs, even as we speak (type?).
I know Christy, Jasmine, Destiny, Dakota, and Sierra will all be so happy to see him!!!!!!

Thank you Brian!!!!!!!

I will be praying for Andrew and Terry.

aly
04-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Christy,

I couldn't be happier for you and Jasmine and the doggies!!! I am SOOOO glad Brian will be home where he belongs :) :)

Hopefully you guys can make it to the Texas meeting we're having in a few weeks!

ramanth
04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Welcome home Brian!!!

(and I hope Andrew and Terry remain safe)

primabella
04-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Oh this is such good news! :D And look at Jasmine, she is so adorable! I will be hoping and praying for a safe return for Terry, Andrew and the other men overseas. :)

Thanks for the update 4DM. :)

Dakota's Mommy
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks everybody! Yes, I'm getting very anxious for the last fews hours to pass by here. I just wanted to take a minute and update you all though on our news! I got word from Brian at 1:40 pm here. He called from Maine to let me know he's officially made it to American soil. He said that they were greated when they came off the plane by veterans wishing them well which really meant a lot to them. Then, they were given cell phone to share to make a short call home for free! Of course, that was his call to me! Right this minute, I believe he should be back in the air and finally on his way home to Jasmine and I!

Well, I just wanted to update you all on that! I better go to continue to care to Jasmine and see what I can do about finishing up things here before we leave for the gym! I will do my best to post pics as soon as I get them of his return! Again, thanks for all of your support through this whole ordeal! It truly has meant a lot to us!

Christiansmommy
04-06-2004, 05:13 PM
That is so exciting!! I am so happy for you. I am sure, it must have been so hard being away from him for so long!! Gotta give you LOTS of credit, i don't think i would have been able to handle being away from my husband so long.

So congrats....that is just wonderful news for you!!!

Robyn

delidog
04-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Oh Yeah!!!!!!
Congratulations Christy,Brian,Jasmine & The Puppers!!!!!
I can only imagine your Joy and Relief!!!!!!!!

WooHoo!!!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Yippeee!!! Wooo hooo!!!!

Give him big hugs from all of us!!! :D

captain
04-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Christie,

Wishing you "speedy" hours until Brian is home, safely in your arms.

Brian,
Thanks - from us here in Aussie too!

Love to Jasmine and the pups!

Vermontcat
04-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm so happy to hear that he will be back home soon.
:)
I can't wait to see new photos of the whole happy family!:D

shais_mom
04-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Welcome Home Brian!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Great news!! Welcome home Brian! What a wonderful reunion it will be! And you everyone for keeping Andrew in your thoughts. Terry looks so young!

Keeping him and the rest of our soldiers in my thoughts for a safe return home soon!

4 Dog Mother
04-07-2004, 09:50 AM
I just talked to Christy and Brian! They are so happy to be back together. Christy said Brian came up and gave both her and Jasmine a big hug and then grabbed Jasmine from her arms and was ready to GO HOME! She thought he might want to put Jasmine back in the stroller but no way was he going to put her down! Christy said he was too anxious to get home so she only got about one picture and that was with her regular camera but she would take some more today with her digital. When I called she was feeding Jasmine and Brian was playing with the dogs. Sounds like everything is back to normal, thanks be to God!

Terry looks so young!
Christy says Terry will turn 20 on May 1st. So he is pretty young to be going to war. Although I am sure there are lots who are just 18 or 19.

Cataholic
04-07-2004, 11:45 AM
What wonderful news! Welcome home, Brian. These next few days will be sooooo exciting (and maybe even a little overwhelming ) for you. Enjoy!

Prayers that Andrew and Terry will remain safe.

lynnestankard
04-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Sorry to be late!!

WELCOME HOME BRIAN!! Wishing the three of you 'Happy to Be Together Again!!'

Lynne

popcornbird
04-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Brian sure is going to be a happy daddy when he sees that darling baby of his! Yippee!

ChrisH
04-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Wonderful news! :D

Welcome Home Brian!!

I am so happy for you all!! :D

Chris

Adding Terry to my prayers for Andrew and all those serving overseas.

Cincy'sMom
04-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Welcome home Brian! Glad you are back safe and sound!!

Continued prayers for Andrew, Terry, and all those serving in the military

mugsy
04-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Welcome home Brian!!! Thanks for doing all that you do! Prayers for all the others serving our country all over the world.

carole
04-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Three Cheers everyone for these brave young men, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, what wonderful news to hear of their safe return home to their loved ones.:)

gini
04-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Starting with the pictures of you pregnant - and worrying about Brian - continuing with Brian being home and the birth of Jasmine and his delayed return to Iraq - and then his leaving, I have not had your wonderful family off of my mind.

Whenever I would hear of more tragedy in Iraq, it would make me stop and say a prayer for Brian - a total stranger - who has put his life right on the line for all of us.

It gives me great joy to know that he is home safe and sound with his beautiful wife and incredibly beautiful daughter.

So for now, I just want to say in Brian's name, THANKS GOD!