PDA

View Full Version : help needed- injured kitty

weeze
04-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Has anyone in the Toronto area seen the story on CityPulse about the cat named Charlotte who was found very badly injured? Apparently the kitty fell or was thrown from a high building and its front legs were broken. The doctor said that the cat is able to make a full recovery but its very costly and if they don't find the owners, the cat will be put down. I took down the phone number to make a donation but I can't find it now! If anyone has seen this story and has the number, please let me know, and if I can find it, I will post it here as well.
Thanks!

catmandu
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
I dont watch City News , but if you get the phone number , or Snail Mail address , please post , and The Found Cats Hotel will send something!

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Was it on a local TV station? Maybe you could phone the station and find out who handles the animal/children/human interest stories??

emily_the_spoiled
04-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Here is the link that provides the article and contact information:

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20040402-017/page.asp

I can't believe that someone would do this to a kitten. :(

QueenScoopalot
04-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Poor little cat...:( http://imom.org/ This website may be of help with financing the surgery for the kitty. Keep us posted if possible! Jan

leslie flenner
04-07-2004, 08:58 PM
It's been 5 days- has she been put down yet? we need to know now!

weeze
04-08-2004, 12:13 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!
I just called the shelter and Charlotte has been through her surgery, she received well over the amount needed to cover the costs.
Anyway, they found her owners but they gave her up. (I don't know the whole story) so this means that she will be up for adoption soon. I am sure she'll find a good home considering how many donations they received.

weeze
04-08-2004, 12:17 PM
By way, thanks to emily_the_spoiled for finding the phone number for me!

emily_the_spoiled
04-08-2004, 12:31 PM
I may not life near you but I figured that was the least I could do to help Charolette. Thank you so much for the update!!!