PDA

View Full Version : Lily is not eating today

Kirsten
04-06-2004, 09:03 AM
She's been at the vet's yesterday for her second FeLV-shot (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46998) , so I suppose it has something to do with that.

She was acting normal yesterday and played a lot after the vet visit, but today she is sleeping and you can even see in her face that she's miserable. She didn't want her breakfast and did not eat her treats this afternoon. Usually she's storming more or less into the cabinet when I'm opening the door to bring out the treats, but today, she couldn't care less. She wants to be with Luna all the time and is sleeping...

Kirsten

slick
04-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I suspect it probably is because of the shot. The last time I sent Max and Speckles in for shots neither of them eating much for days after. Sleep well little Lily; soon you will bounce back to your old self again.

Kirsten
04-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes, I think it's because of that. I have called my vet this afternoon and she said the same. If it continues the next days, she will look after her.

About an hour after I started this thead, Lily wanted to eat her vitamine paste. After that, I gave her her little rubber ball (her fave toy at the moment) and she played for a while. But now she and Luna are sleeping again...

Kirsten

Craftlady
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Thumper has reactions to shots to and she doesn't want to be bothered for about 24 hrs. I read somewhere there is medicine that vet's can give if kittys have reactions like this shots. Thought I'd ask our vet about it.

Kirsten
04-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Yes, my vet said some cats just are like that.

Lily seems to do better btw. She's more interested into things now and started talking again. She's been silent all day which is very unusual for her, so I assume she wasn't feeling too well.

Kirsten

ramanth
04-08-2004, 10:33 AM
I hope Lily's appetite comes back soon!

How are you feeling Kirsten?

Kirsten
04-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Lily is back to her old naw-tee self meanwhile, which makes her meowmie reall happy!0000000000000000 (oops, that was Luna!!! :))

I'm also doing better meanwhile. The headaches are almost gone, but I'm still very tired and that's the reason why I'm still not around much. Guess these things just take some time...

Kirsten

Steffi N
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I'm glad Lily is back to her nawtee self and that you are making progress too. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kirsten
04-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Yes, I'm also on the road to recovery meanwhile, thanks! :)

Kirsten