PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a vent/rant.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Bleck. I just hate, hate, HATE having braces. :p I went to the orthodontist again today, and they added two new brackets on. My permanent teeth came in after they pulled out the baby teeth, so they thought it was time they added them on. So, it hurts now...and I can't find any of my old wax from when I first got them on. :( The othodontist said that if everything goes as planned, I could have them off by this December. I would have had them for a year and a half if that happens.

A pointless post, but that was my little rant for the day. :o:p

slleipnir
04-05-2004, 10:09 PM
I SO feel your pain. I hated braces! And I needed like 10 baby (and 4 adult) teeth pulled for it. I could never get the wax to stick on right haha. I remember when I first got mine on, and went in a month later ot get them tightened. My teeth were still sore, but the helper (w/e you call them) didn't seem to believe me they could still be sore. So she was pulling on them and when I winced in pain a little she got really mad at me for not holding my head still :rolleyes: :mad: Stupid braces!

GoldenRetrLuver
04-05-2004, 10:33 PM
10 pulled out? :eek: Yikes!
AND I have to go the regular dentist tomorrow for normal teeth cleaning. My poor teeth. T-T

slleipnir
04-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
10 pulled out? :eek: Yikes!
AND I have to go the regular dentist tomorrow for normal teeth cleaning. My poor teeth. T-T

I never got my teeth cleaned when I had braces..I dont think...-pats wifeys poor teeth- :(

yeah..I had 18 teeth pulled in total so far ;) lmao

popcornbird
04-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Awww GoldenJewels..........you poor thing! I must say, I don't know how you feel. I've never had braces. Hope you feel better soon!

Originally posted by slleipnir

:eek: *faints* :eek:

How many do you have left??

:p

GoldenRetrLuver
04-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I never got my teeth cleaned when I had braces..I dont think...-pats wifeys poor teeth- :(

18 teeth?? :eek: So, how many do you have left...six? ;):p

Hey. Don't rub it in, Pops. ;)

Logan
04-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Poor Julie!!!! :( Helen has braces and hopefully will be finished with them around Christmastime this year. She got them in February 2003, and she has done everything he told her to do, with that occasional pain, as well. We are hoping that since she has been an obedient patient, that she will wear them the 22 months that he said would be a minimum, but there is no assurance of that. Her last appt, in late March, gave her more pain than any other so far, but it only lasted a day or so. I hope you will have the same experience!!!

Logan

GoldenRetrLuver
04-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks, Logan! :)
I've also heard from friends that it hurts when they take eveything off, when you're all done with treatment. But, I'm willing to go through that pain one, last time. ;)

slleipnir
04-05-2004, 11:19 PM
A lot actually. 10 baby, 4 adult, 4 wisdom.

CathyBogart
04-06-2004, 01:59 AM
I had 'em for four years, I feel ya.

bluekat
04-06-2004, 04:03 PM
I know how you feel. I HATE having braces too...they force me to brush every single time after I eat and its just so annoying. I even have to wear a stupid headgear thing at night:mad:

I also hate pulling out teeth, it really hurts:p

Rio and Me
04-06-2004, 04:36 PM
I can simpathize right now with you, i still got them in after 2 years, they should be out soon i hope.
Eating is such a chore to make sure nothing is stuck in them,lol
luckly i havnt had many mouth ulcers because of them, "x's fingers",
My teeth were really bad now they are straight as a pin
Ky