PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I get any respect?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-05-2004, 09:36 PM
I am ROYALLY pissed right now. My mom comes up stairs, tells my brother to take the tv out of MY room so SHE and Jake can watch TV before bed. Thanks, Mom, take my TV why don't ya.

So THEN, Jake comes in and takes my blanket off my bed? HELLO? He just started to laugh and ran off with the blanket. I yelled AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS to my mom who is IN THE ROOM NEXT TO ME...

"THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME, FOR ONCE!"

No answer. I'm just in tears of ANGER and hate all at once, that NO ONE cares what I think in this house, If i were at my dad's he would treat me with the same respect as my brother. Apparently, Jake gets top notch at this house.

lovemyshiba
04-05-2004, 09:41 PM
That sucks Meg.

I'm sorry that you are going through this.
Maybe you could talk to your mom about it sometime--let her know how you feel.

There's nothing on tv tonight anyway:p

GoldenRetrLuver
04-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Welcome to my world. :rolleyes::p
But really, I'm sorry you're going through all this, Meg. I think it's hard being the oldest [I AM the oldest child..] because they expect you to be 'mature' about certain things, and be able to handle them differentely then a young child would.

I'm here if you need to talk or vent about anything. Just drop me an IM. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Well its just that they do things without even thinking about me. Like the whole blanket thing, he layed it on the floor so he could sleep with it... when he "doesnt want to sleep with my mom".. it just makes me mad.

lovemyshiba
04-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Do you still have a blanket to sleep with??

It is rude and inconsiderate--how old is your brother?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I have the sheet.

I went back in to find him laying on the bed, so what do I do? I snatch up the blanket.

Me-"I'm gonna take this back."
Jake-"I'm using it!"
Me-"Uh, no, you aren't."
Mom-"Cmon Meg, he want's to use it."
Me-"NO, Mom, he ISN'T using it."

Then I stormed out and left.

My brother is 9 going on 3. :mad:

NoahsMommy
04-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Are there no other blankets in your house that your brother has access to?

I don't know the situation, but you really need to address this with your mom. I cannot fatham a mother allowing her son to take away the bed blankets of her daughter...there's no reason for that.

I'm very sorry you aren't recieving the respect you deserve. :(

CathyBogart
04-06-2004, 01:59 AM
That's really ridiculous! Definitely sit your mom down and talk to her if she'll listen!

EssTer
04-06-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear that... sometimes my litle sister is like evil too.. grr...if you are able, you should talk with your mom...