PDA

View Full Version : The Easter Budgie!!!

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2004, 07:30 PM
A little yellow parakeet I went running after with a butterfly net last fall, laid the cutest little easter egg!!!:) This butter yellow (or to the cats lemon & lime snack)little bird was flying back and forth across a very busy street, narrowly missing getting flattened by buses and cars etc.She kept landing in the street, I was so scared that she'd be flattened! Nutcase me went flailing through traffic with my trusty butterfly net (actually used for catching kittens) and slapped it over the lucky little ingrate! Cars were honking with "thumbs up" after seeing what I was doing. It took a lot of running to finally catch the bird. :D The egg is so tiny and so cute! :)

leslie flenner
04-05-2004, 08:23 PM
a picture? will it be a drawing of an egg or a picture of an egg from the grocery store? I wait patiently for so-called egg...

Logan
04-05-2004, 09:29 PM
I have seen my share of eggs lately, precious peach colored Cockatiel eggs (15 of them to be exact). Thankfully, for us, none of them hatched and it seems that our loving pair, Milly and Roger, have lost interest now. Whew!!!

But what a wonderful story of you and the budgie!! And now a precious Easter egg from her. What is her name?? Curious minds want to know!!!! Hope we can see a picture. I never got pictures of our eggs :o .

Logan

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2004, 09:33 PM
I haven't come up with a name for her yet. :confused: She's hopefully going to find a home through word of mouth sooner or later. I took some pics of the itty-bitty egg, but Photobucket isn't cooperating with me tonight. :rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2004, 09:44 PM
I was finally able to post the egg picture! Scrambled? Sunny side up? Over easy? Too small for an omelet!http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Easter_Budgie_Egg.jpg

trayi52
04-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Isn't it tiny!?!! No bigger than a dime or a penny! How sweet!

Now that was a good story, you running through traffic with a net in your hand chasing a bird. Such a miracle you got her before she was hurt.

Willie:)

Logan
04-05-2004, 10:28 PM
OMG!! This happened recently? I had no idea!!! :eek:

That egg looks very much like our Cockatiel eggs, which isn't totally surprising since they are similar in size. Bless her heart, you are her angel and she gave you a present. Thank you for being such a good friend to this budgie!!! :)

QueenScoopalot
04-06-2004, 05:59 AM
Logan, That's a LOT of eggs from a cockatiel!:eek: I have seen "dummy eggs" sold in animal supply places that are supposed to prevent them from repeatedly laying eggs. It must deplete the calcium quite a bit. Cute tiny things though. I wish I could preserve it somehow. Willie, Can you visualize some woman running around the city streets with a butterfly net? It's a wonder they didn't call the 'white coats'.:D Very few people could even see the bird, and were most likely wondering what crackpot me was doing!:D :D :D I think there was a collective AHHH when they saw the bird!

trayi52
04-06-2004, 10:43 AM
I was visualizing you running through traffic with a net, and it was a very funny picture. White coats running behind you with an even bigger net! But Jan, that took a lot of courage to do what you did. At least you cared about Budgie and her safety. Not many people would be willing to go into a busy street to save a bird.

Willie:)

birdman6589
04-14-2004, 08:17 PM
I am only 12 and i love what you did for her. I own 6 full size parrots and helped many birds. I love birds and right now i have 2 eggs from both of my breeding pairs.

Bless the budgie angle!!

Samuel J White

[email protected]
www.freewebs.com/birdz89

QueenScoopalot
04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
The Easter Budgie went on to lay two more eggs, but as you know, without a mate, they are infertile. What kind of parrots do you own? I have had a few rescued ones come through my home, and destroy portions! I had a cockatoo for a few weeks until a good home was found. I have now a rescued "lutino lovebird" who is reportedly 15 years old, and an "Eastern Rosella" who I adopted from a shelter. She is apparently wild caught (which saddens me...she should be free with her own kind), but she LOVES my husbands guitar playing! I find it very sad to keep some birds captive, but when they are here, there's not much alternative. I'd love to set our "Eastern Rosella" free. Or at least find a comparable mate for her. :( Springtime is so sad for her. :(

birdman6589
06-28-2004, 06:47 PM
i own 1 alexandrine parrakeet and 1 blue and gold macaw.
i also have 2 molaccans and 2 goffins.
I am helping my mom with the training of the baby birds when they r older.:)

QueenScoopalot
06-28-2004, 07:59 PM
It sounds like you have some lovely birds! We also have an Eastern Rosella that I adopted from a shelter. She is not tamed, but loves it when my husband serenades her with his guitar. He can pet her, but she won't let me. :( Oh well, she's a gorgeous bird with almost every color in the rainbow. The budgie has layed six little tiny eggs now. I keep them in her cage for a few days, and then put them in a sea shell together. Do you have pictures of your birds? You must share if so! :D

birdman6589
07-25-2004, 01:16 PM
hi
hi i will hopfully get some pics on here but for now here in a pictere of my bird tazz. Oh and to tell you why your bird won't let you touch her is because female birds are better with men and male birds are better with women. I now that from excperience due to my unbrella cockatoo (Don't have anymore) loved me and my dad but hated my mom and at night she would escape from here cage in my room and sleep with me, But one night my mom came down to cheack on me and the bird attacked her.
Well talk to you later

P.S If you can send me some pictures of your birds to

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

P.P.S If you need to stop your budgie from having eggs go and buy a ball the size of her eggs in at a craft store then she will stop having eggs due to she will think it is a real egg. It will help her out alot due to she won't lay as many eggs and use as much nutrients from her body. She will get and stay much healthier.