PDA

View Full Version : No Cat-dillac, Just a Toyota.

RICHARD
04-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Cat survives trip on roof of owner's car

A cat had a narrow escape from serious injury after it clung to the roof of its owner's car as he drove to work.

Bono, a grey persian, was rescued when owner John Sutton saw it slide down his windscreen as he slowed in traffic in Tauranga, New Zealand.

He thought he'd chased Bono away from his Toyota Celica before he left for work. But a short distance from his home Bono slid down the windscreen and gripped the wiper blades after Mr Sutton slowed down.

"It gave me a hell of a fright. Then I realised it was Bono and he was bloody petrified," said Mr Sutton.

When he pulled over to retrieve Bono, he saw an unmarked police car with lights flashing pulling up behind him, says the New Zealand Herald.

"I thought he was going to pull me for driving with something dangerous on the roof. I hadn't done anything wrong that I could think of," said Mr Sutton.

Instead, the police officer told him he thought Bono was a fluffy toy or a stuffed cat being carried on the car roof as a joke.
--------------------------------

Bloody petrified???

Scared the scat outta poor Bono... :eek:

Logan
04-05-2004, 11:54 AM
All I can say is "WHEW"!!!!! :eek: :D

slick
04-05-2004, 12:36 PM
I wonder if it was "sunny"?????

RICHARD
04-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by slick
I wonder if it was "sunny"?????

'U2'???

That's what I thought!

:rolleyes:

slick
04-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
That's what I thought!

:rolleyes:
I can just see him now as he removes cat from roof

"I got you babe" :D :D

Glad kitty was OK. It baffles me how the cat hung on. The roof of ones car does not have anything to grip :confused:

RICHARD
04-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by slick
I can just see him now as he removes cat from roof

"I got you babe" :D :D

Glad kitty was OK. It baffles me how the cat hung on. The roof of ones car does not have anything to grip :confused:

When you are scared you will make a handhold.

Nails along the chrome/rubber gasket around the windshield.;)

Dog1,Cats2
04-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Hehehehe -maybe it was a soft top or convertable???

(I'm from California too - land of the easily amused, indeed!!)

catmandu
04-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Hopefully this will convince Bono , not to be A BoneHead ,aand try to hitch a ride to work , or the nearest pet Food Emporium!

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-06-2004, 10:29 AM
What a story!! Im glad Bono wasn't hurt!!! (The worst I have managed to forget on the roof was (1) my mobile phone, and (2) my Resume on the way to a job interview:rolleyes: