PDA

View Full Version : Rizzo the Shark

Twink
04-05-2004, 08:20 AM
I think my little guy’s seal obsession is getting out of hand. I’ve been waking up every morning to find one stuffed seal on the floor on my side of the bed, one at the foot of the bed, and another by my husband’s side! And when we come home from work, there are two seals by the door, and usually one in our bedroom or in the kitchen or something.

So this morning, I woke up and found Sauxus, the big grey seal, lying next to my husband ON the bed. And the little white seal was tangled up in the covers. :eek: I didn’t put them there. My husband didn’t put them there. Which leaves only one person who could have done it! It really blows my mind. Rizz can barely jump into bed when he’s unburdened with seal. I can’t begin to imagine how he managed the leap with big old Sauxus stuffed in his mouth. :D

Anyone know any good kitty shrinks? That boy ain’t right….. :rolleyes:

catmandu
04-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Rizzo must have heard that The Found Cats were thinking , of going to the Florida Keys , to catch Sword Fish , and he is trining to be an An Angler! As he has to start small!!

catcrazylady
04-05-2004, 09:15 AM
ROFLMAO!!!! What in the world is his obsession with seals? That is so funny!!! You need to set up a video camera just to keep track of what he does during the day!
Does he have a playmate? I mean besides stuffed seals???http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

sirrahbed
04-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Each to his own, Rizzo just like seals!!:D Funny boy:D :D He is unique!

Twink
04-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
ROFLMAO!!!! What in the world is his obsession with seals? That is so funny!!! You need to set up a video camera just to keep track of what he does during the day!
Does he have a playmate? I mean besides stuffed seals???http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

No, he doesn't. Think he's trying to tell us something? :rolleyes: I would LOVE to get him a cat buddy, but it's just not quite feasible right now. Maybe for my birthday. *crosses fingers*

The funny thing with the seals is that he always seems to be bringing them to *us*. Even when we're gone during the day, he leaves them by the front door. But at the same time, he also seems to always want the seals to be around HIM. We were watching TV yesterday, and Rizz dragged Sauxus in, laid him down next to us, then curled up beside us himself and went to sleep. My husband said, "Is that your prey, Rizzo? Or is it your girlfriend?" And THAT seems to be the eternal, unanswerable question! :D :rolleyes: ;)

Barbara
04-05-2004, 11:26 AM
I know that cats are like children in more than one way but I think I never heard about a cat that had several favorite toys of the same kind- I would guess that seals are the same to him like any other stuffie- but no!!!!

It's a great mystery. I suppose Rizzo is more human than any other cat:D :D :D

NoahsMommy
04-05-2004, 01:43 PM
ha ha! Rizzo sounds like my Phoebe (Phoebe the Destroyer)!! She's been known to steal the cat beds and run with them, hiding them in the bathroom! She's also been stealing by stuffed animals and wrestling with them.

Silly kitties!! :D

catnapper
04-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Aww... Rizzo loves his seal friend. He's only trying to share the joy of the seal with you. He must think that the seal is so comfy to sleep with, that you'll appreciate having him to sleep with too.:D

Dog1,Cats2
04-05-2004, 02:11 PM
"Anyone know any good kitty shrinks? That boy ain’t right….. "

hehehe

RedHedd
04-05-2004, 03:31 PM
:D :D :D Rizzo you're SO funny! Does your meowmie encourage this behavior by giving you more seals to play with? :confused: :p ;) I thought you only had one seal, but from what your meowmie writes it sounds like you have many to choose from. Ah, if only they could talk .... :D

Twink
04-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
:D :D :D Rizzo you're SO funny! Does your meowmie encourage this behavior by giving you more seals to play with? :confused: :p ;) I thought you only had one seal, but from what your meowmie writes it sounds like you have many to choose from. Ah, if only they could talk .... :D

Ah, see, well, I did go up in the loft the other day to take inventory, just 'cause I was curious. There are five seals laying around up there, and four non-seal stuffed animals. So his predilection for seals isn't QUITE as weird as I once thought it was! I have a hamper full of my old stuffed toys up there, and when my little sis-in-law comes to visit, she dumps them all out. We've had to hide a lot of them again, because they have ribbons or whippy tails or other things that Rizzo could and would eat.

But STILL. All five of the seals have gotten the Rizzo treatment at some point or another. Sauxus is far and away his favorite animal. And he's never touched the others! I wonder if I put some of the others out (that I've hidden b/c I didn't want them slobbered on, not the ones that I'm afraid could hurt him), if he'd pay any attention to them?

Oh, and yes it's weird that I have that many stuffed seals! Three of them were given to me one Christmas while I was in high school. It was an unplanned, random seal attack! :eek: :D The other two were given to me later that same year as jokes. :rolleyes: And now they're Rizzo's. Who would have guessed?

Edwina's Secretary
04-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Thankfully we don't have many stuffed animals around! Eddie does like to bring a toy to our bed every morning at 2:30 (well, it has been 3:30 since changing our clocks!! :rolleyes: ) It is enough to wake up sleeping with a stuffed mouse you didn't invite. I can't imagine a seal!

Silly, silly boys!