PDA

View Full Version : She's baaaaaack.

Twisterdog
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Meet Twister.

She's the dog behind my screeen name.

She was adopted from me two years ago by a WONDERFUL family ... and, sadly, she was returned to me today.

*sigh*

Shelteez2
04-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh no what happened? What about Remington?

Twisterdog
04-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Oh no what happened? What about Remington?

They kept Remington.

They said Twister refused to go to the bathroom outside, using the rug in front of their bathtub instead, no matter how many times they let her out.

She was also picking fights with Remington and their other dog.

The said they had been having problems with her for two months, and had tried "everything." "Everything", apparently, did not include a vet visit or calling me. :mad:

Kind of frustrating.

Foam
04-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Are you going to keep her?

Twisterdog
04-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Foam
Are you going to keep her?

I certainly hope not! Ten dogs is way too many, without adding an eleventh.

But, I will definately not try to place her until I figure out what's going on.

delidog
04-05-2004, 06:00 AM
Aww!!! Poor Twister,You'd think after having her for 2 years they would exhaust ALL resources before Returning her...How could They???

Well,at least they had the good sense to return her to You...and not the P-O-U-N-D!!!!

Good Luck...Keep us posted...

Hugs and Treats for Twister Dog!!!

K9soul
04-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
They said Twister refused to go to the bathroom outside, using the rug in front of their bathtub instead, no matter how many times they let her out.

I wonder if they tried crate training or keeping the bathroom closed off where she went? I suppose there must be more to it if they have had her for two years. Peeing in the wrong spot seems so workable a problem. :( Poor Twister.

I hope you are able to find out what the problem is and rehome her to a good place.

Twisterdog
04-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Well,at least they had the good sense to return her to You...and not the P-O-U-N-D!!!!

Oh, I make as sure of that not happening as I can. Everyone who adopts from me signs a legal contracting specifying the dog must be returned to me. Plus, I keep in touch with them, and check up often. I talked to these people right before Christmas, and all was well. I'm thinking there is something going on in the household that she didn't like. She has been perfect here ... but I have a doggy door.

:confused:

lovemyshiba
04-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Twister is a cutie!!
It's very sad that after 2 years they decided they couldn't keep her--poor baby:(

She's in good hands now though--please keep us updated on her.

countrycowgirl
04-06-2004, 02:31 PM
awww poor twister she is the cutest i hope all goes well please keep us up dated:D