PDA

View Full Version : hello new member

QTPie
04-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Hello all. I am from Oklahoma and I have a Westie and and an English Bulldog. I am looking for other people in Oklahoma that have westies.

My Westies name is Satie. She is one year and three months old. She is adorable. My Bullies name is Winston, he will be 2 on 4-26-04.

If you are from Oklahoma and have a male westie that you would allow me to use as a stud I would love to talk to you!!

MariaM
04-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Welcome to PT! I don't live in OK OR have a dog....unfortunately. I am still working at that, as I have been for the past few years. Never give up though lol. Otherwise I would introduce my pets but I don't have any. If you look at my Pictures thread though you could see some pics! (lol really?)

Shelteez2
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Just to let you know that you will run into a lot of anti-breeding controversy here. And for good reason as many people on this site deal with rescue dogs and shelters.

Maybe if you could explain why you want to breed your westie it would prevent people from replying harshly. The info you provided is sparse and in no way lets us know if you are a responsible breeder or not, although I have my own opinion on that.

Foam
04-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Where in Oklahoma are you from? I moved to Arizona from Oklahoma. I'm from Kingfisher, a very small town.

Welcome to pet talk!

K9soul
04-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Welcome to PT! I'd love to hear more about your pups and maybe see pictures of them too. :)

tatsxxx11
04-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm not from OK and don't have a Westie but happy to have you aboard. Looking forward to hearing more from you and your furkids Satie and Winston!:)

tikeyas_mom
04-05-2004, 02:06 PM
im not from OK, and dont have a westie that you can use for stud, But i do have a siberian husky, a great dane, and a shih tzu that would love to make friends with your pups :)..

guster girl
04-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Hey, welcome to Pet Talk, and, to echo the sentiments of one of the other posters, you may want to explain why you're breeding your dog. Just to be on the safe side. :) Do you have any photos of your dogs? Everyone loves photos! Oh, and, I have a labrador puppy called Finn, a Bengal called Lock, a hairless rat named Luli and a dwarf hamster named Houdini Jingles. My boyfriend has a ball python named Monty. :) Nice to meet you!

catnapper
04-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Welocme to Pet Talk!

I don't live in your neck of the woods, but everyone on here becomes friends anyway!

I have a large mix named Nicki, and two cats, Allen and Pouncer.

My Peanuts
04-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Welcome to PT! I'm Diana and I'm 23 years old. I have a 1 year old Pug and a 1 and a half year old Jack Russell mix (pictured below) I'd love to see some pictures of your pups! :D

Honestly, probably won't find anyone on this board that would breed with your Westie. Most of us only believe in breeding to better a breed, and no other reason is good enough. You might agree after reading some of the horror stories that some members of this board share.

Tonya
04-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi, QTpie. Welcome to PT. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your dogs!

QTPie
04-05-2004, 09:00 PM
As far as I am concerned I am a responsible breeder. I have been a partner in a kennel and I have seen people who are not, I hate puppy mills and will never subject my dogs to that envrionment.

I want to breed my dog because I love puppies and I love to find the "right" homes for them. I also think that it will help my dog to calm down if she has puppies. If this offends anyone, I am sorry but deal with it.

guster girl
04-06-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by QTPie
If this offends anyone, I am sorry but deal with it.

That's the only part that comes across as offensive, IMO. Spaying also calms dogs down, I'm not offended by your desire to breed.

DogLover9501
04-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by QTPie
As far as I am concerned I am a responsible breeder. I have been a partner in a kennel and I have seen people who are not, I hate puppy mills and will never subject my dogs to that envrionment.

I want to breed my dog because I love puppies and I love to find the "right" homes for them. I also think that it will help my dog to calm down if she has puppies. If this offends anyone, I am sorry but deal with it.

In my opinion...if you love puppies, maybe volunteer at a shelter and find those dogs the "right" home instead, they need it more than puppies who don't even need to be brought into the world. Sometimes you might think at the time that they are getting the "right" homes, the same as alot of people think they are getting the "right" dog, then they decide they cannot deal with it, and its another dog off to the shelter.

There are more ways to calm your dog down then breeding her, breeding her may not even calm her down, but it probably sends lots of dogs to shelters, and they don't need anymore dogs.

So, not to be rude, but in what way is that responsible? Those are not even logical reasons, IMO!

K9soul
04-06-2004, 10:15 AM
QT, you have to realize no one here knows you personally at all. The one and only thing we know you by is your posts. Your very first post was asking if anyone had a Westie they were willing to breed. This is a board to talk about people's pets and so if all you were mostly interested in was finding a male Westie for stud, perhaps looking up responsible breeders and inquiring into those via e-mail might have been more of the response you were looking for.

I think people here responded quite politely to your first post. I'm sorry you do not seem interested in talking/sharing about your pets.