PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed

Stenograsaurus
04-04-2004, 07:56 PM
I am asking anyone who believes in the power of prayer to pray for my husband, Roger. We had to take him to the emergency room last night. He was having a heart attack. The blood work revealed that this was his second one in the last week. He said the other one occurred Monday night. Since he was working away, he didn't go to the ER for that one. He is having a heart catheterization (sp?) tomorrow morning (8:00) to see what is going on and where to go from here. Please pray that he doesn't need open heart surgery. He's only 39 yrs. old. His 42 yr. old brother just had a heart attack 5 wks. ago. Our 7 yr. old needs some strength to get through. She's having a very difficult time with this. As for me, I'm just numb. I keep waiting to wake up from this nightmare.
Thanks.
Beth

Miss Meow
04-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Oh, no. :(

Sending positive thoughts over that Roger is OK and will recover. What a dreadful shock for you and your family, especially after his brother's heart attack.

{{{hugs to you all}}}

lizbud
04-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Beth,

Both you & your husband will be in my prayers. I hope they
are able to get this under control quickly. This must be so scary
for you all. Gentle hugs & prayers. Liz. :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi God ~

Need sum Help down here...

Would You Help guide the White Coats while they do the
Pump Overhauls on Roger an his Brudder?

An pleeze Wrap Your GodsPawz round Beth an all the other
Fambly Members - that'll Help a lot.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Tonya
04-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Beth, I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I know it is scary. It sounds like your husbands family is similar to my husband's. They all have heart problems fairly young.

Hopefully, the best will come out of this. This may be an eye opener that'll cause your husband to change his lifestyle to a more healthier one.

I'll be praying for you. Best wishes and keep us updated.

-Tonya

slick
04-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Oh my gosh you must be terrified. Prayers on the way. Just remember that the medical field is constantly making advances and now-a-days heart attacks don't have to be fatal. A simple fixer-up and patients are out of the hospital in no time.

trayi52
04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Beth, I am so sorry to hear this. I know you are worried, and I know just what you are going through. My husband had open heart surgery when he was just 30. It was so hard on us all.

My prayers are with you, your husband, child and the rest of the family.

Willie

carole
04-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Oh Beth I am so sorry to hear you are going through this right now, it must be very scarey and hard on you and your child,try and keep your spirits up dear,they can do wonderful things today, your hubby is going to need your strength right now and need time to recover, but have faith I am sure he will do just fine, all the same I can understand how you must be feeling, HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

4 Dog Mother
04-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Beth, I am so sorry to hear what you and your family are going through right now. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

popcornbird
04-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh, how frightening. :( I'm sorry to hear about this, and will definitely keep your husband in my prayers. Hopefully everything will be alright, and he'll recover quickly and completely, soon. Prayers for you, your children, and your future child as well.

{{{hugs}}}

Vermontcat
04-04-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
Actually my family is going through very much the same thing that you are.
Just last night I heard that my sister-in-law who is just 40 went to the hospital on Friday night.
It turns out that she also had a heart attack.
My parents have been helping my brother this weekend with their 3 daughters who are very young(2 1/2 yrs and 5 month old twins).
Her parents will be flying in to help with the kids tomorrow.
Hopefully she will be out of the hospital in 4 to 7 days.
I hope your husband is back home with you and your daughters soon too.
Take care of yourself too, I know it's hard but you will get through this.
( I seem to remember hearing that you are pregnant so try not to get too stressed out yourself.)

lovemyshiba
04-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Beth, your husband and your family are in my prayers.
I hope everything is ok.

Cincy'sMom
04-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Beth, you and Roger and his brother are all in our prayers tonight. We will be thinking of you tomrrow am as he goes through this surgery.

AmberLee
04-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Holding your family in our prayers.

shais_mom
04-04-2004, 10:49 PM
How scary!!
Prayers on the way!
Please Take care of yourself also.

Cataholic
04-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Beth,
Prayers on the way for your husband and your family. Please take care of yourself.
Johanna

Logan
04-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Beth, I am just seeing this, but please know that you, Roger, your lovely girls, and your entire family, including Roger's brother, are in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to all of you. Please take care of yourself if at all possible. I know that this stress is even harder with your pregnancy.

Love,
Logan

tatsxxx11
04-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh no:( Beth, the one positive in this is that he had an "early warning" episode and often in those cases, there is minimal if any heart damage. He is in good hands, receiving treatment and getting the necessary diagnostic tests done and hopefully the prognosis will be encouraging. Great advances in the treatment of caridac disease have been made over the past several years, so please, try to think positively as hard as that is. I can only imagine how devastated you might be feeling right now and how fearful you are. But try and be strong; you have to take care of yourself too with a new baby on the way and you have your little girl there who needs you more than ever. We'll all be praying for you and your daughter and for Roger's recovery. We're here for you Beth. {{{HUGS}}}

Rachel
04-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Beth, I am so sorry to hear this news and can understand what a horrible experience this is for you and your family. I think this thread constitutes *two or more gathered in the Lord's name* and asking for His mercy and intervention. Please know that we will be thinking of you all as Roger goes through these tests and a treatment plan is formulated for him.

VermontCat, your sister-in-law will be included in our bequests for help.

Albea
04-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Beth,
prayers and get well wishes are going your way, for you, your husband and the entire family. As Sandra said, the advances in cardiac treatments have advanced considerably these days. I hope you get reassuring news soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-05-2004, 03:26 PM
:(
Prayers on the way from me too for your entire family!
(((HUGS)))

K9karen
04-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Beth, you and your family will definitely be added to my prayers. I hope all goes well for Roger. especially with all the miraculous medical technology they have today, although I know that doesn't take away from your fear and worry. {HUGS} to you and your little girl..

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Beth, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

NoahsMommy
04-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Beth,

I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this. I'll be praying for Roger and that God is guiding the doctors hands in whatever needs to be done.

Take care.

lynnestankard
04-06-2004, 04:41 AM
Beth what dreadful news. I'm praying and hoping for you all - that the outcome is good.
With Roger being so young he will be a lot stronger and will fight this with your help and love.
{{{{Hugs}}}} across the miles - and take good care of yourself and the **bump** xxxx

Lynne

Stenograsaurus
04-06-2004, 07:47 AM
They did the cardio cath. and found a 90 to 95 percent blockage in one artery. The left side had a little blockage but they figured once the right side cleared up the left would function properly. He needed to have angioplasty and a stent put in but the doctor who does that had office hours in the morning and was coming in in the afternoon. So at 12:30 Roger had the procedure done. We have before and after pictures and what a difference!!! I was also amazed as how much better Roger looked. He's been having chest pains for about a month now and just figured he had walking pnemonia. Even the color in his face is different. Roger is 39 yrs. old and in great health. He had a physical four months ago and the doctor said he was the healthiest man the doctor had ever seen for his age. He's 5"10" and weighs 160 pounds so he's not overweight. His cholestoral level is good. Hi diet is good. The things that he needs to cut out are smoking (a pack a day) and his Mountain Dew. And he will be on at least blood thinner and prob. an aspirin a day. The doctors think it was a blood clot. This really scared him. He knows what my family went through when we lost my father to a heart attack when a blood clot entered his heart and it exploxed. He was 55. I was 24 and it was hard of me. He doesn't want to put his family through what he saw my family go through. He has to stay in another 24 hrs. to make sure his body will accept the stent (rejection is very rare). So he should be home Wednesday morning. This is pretty good timing since it's a long weekend and we're getting carpet in our office Monday and Tuesday so I don't have work. I can stay home and take care of my baby (all 3 1/2 of them);)

Thank everyone for your prayers. Roger's brother is doing good. He has an appointment this week to see if there's any damage. Unfortunately his wife had a mini stroke on Thursday or Friday (can't think straight). Their poor son. First dad and now mom.

Vermont cat,
How is your sister-in-law doing? I'll keep her and her family in my prayers.

Willie,
How is your husband? Did he have any more problems?

mugsy
04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Beth,

I just saw this also. I emailed you too. I'm truly sorry, but, it sounds as if things went well. I teach with a guy who had a heart attack at school last year and they ended up having to do a double bypass (he's in his 50s) and he's back better than ever. Most of the kids don't even know he was ever sick. He is back planting trees and mowing his 30 acres and running up and down the stairs at school and even more impressive....dealing with 8th graders.

I'm sure Roger will be back in his normal routine quicker than you think.

Pass along our wishes for a quick recovery to Roger and his brother.

Molly

EssTer
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
oh no... Hugs and prayers are on way...I hope all will be OK...

lovemyshiba
04-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Sounds like some good news Beth!!
I'm glad to hear everything went well, and that Roger will be home soon.

ramanth
04-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Many prayers and healing thoughts for your husband, Beth. *HUGS*

lynnestankard
04-06-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm so pleased Beth - it sounds like all went well - I hope Roger has a quick recovery! Prayers still being said.

Lynne

Pam
04-06-2004, 02:21 PM
I am so sorry to be getting in on this so late. Another PTer pointed out your post and I was so upset to hear this. It looks like the doctors have a handle on what is going on and there is a plan of treatment ahead, and your update was very encouraging so that's good news indeed! (((Hugs))) to you as you go through a most trying time.

AmberLee
04-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Wow, that report today does sound hopeful. I'll continue to hold your family in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

ChrisH
04-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on their way for your hubby, you, and all your family.

Chris

tatsxxx11
04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
What great news, Beth!!!:) It definitely does sound as though he experienced a "warning," thank goodness! And it doesn't sound as though there was any heart damage!!!:):):) Those stents work wonders, along with the angioplasty. And the fact that Roger is in such great overall health is a huge plus! So many ignore those chest pains, especially those younger in age. Actually, heart attacks in men in their late 30's, early 40's, are more common that people think. Roger was so lucky! I'm thrilled for you and Roger and your whole family:) Please keep us upadate!

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Beth, I'm so glad to hear that Roger is doing much better.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. Please take care and try to keep us updated.

trayi52
04-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Beth, my husband had more problems, he was born with something wrong with his heart. He still has a lot of problems, which have now included his lungs. High blood pressure. No rest for the weary. Your husband sounds like he has a lot going for him, he's young and healthy. I know he will do fine.

The main thing is you need not worry yourself too much. I know thats easier said than done. I have been worrying ever since my husband went through it. Whew! Your going to have a baby, so that is something you are going to have to do is rest, and be sure to keep you and baby healthy.

You try not to worry too much, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. The wee one too.

Willie

Vermontcat
04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Beth, I'm happy to hear that your husband is doing better and will be home soon.

My sister-in-law will be going home from the hospital tomorrow.
She had an angiogram this morning.
The official term for what she had is a "Spontaneous Coronary Artery Disection" which they said was due to her stressful pregnancy with twins.
She will have to take daily aspirin and at least one prescription(which my brother couldn't read the doctor's writing on) and she needs to limit her activity for a while.
She is one of those people who tries to do everything herself.
My 2 1/2 year old niece has missed her a lot since she couldn't visit her mom in the hospital.

How are your daughters doing Beth?
You could have your 7 year old make a Get Well Soon card or a Welcome Home Daddy card to give to your husband when he comes home.:)

Karen
04-06-2004, 09:04 PM
I agree - making Daddy a nice card, or helping "decorate" for a "welcome home, Daddy!" might be fun and stress-reucing for your 7-year-old.

Does she get to visit? When I was 12 (and my brother was 7 - as young as she) my Dad was hospitalized for his asthma, and for us to visit, the poor guy had to get out of his hospital bed and come down to the lobby (trailing his "girfriend" the IV stand). Some hospitals are much better about kids these days, hope yours is.

You'll all be in our prayers.

Corinna
04-06-2004, 09:35 PM
My goodness I go away for a weekend and it's like hospitals are us. Last week it was pets . Prayers to all and glad to hear all are getting better.
It is amazing how the body can fix it's self with the help of the skilled medical staff.
Pray can help so much too having hubby servive cancer we under stand all the fear and rejoyiceing too.

Stenograsaurus
04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
ROGER IS HOME!!!!! He actually feels better than he has for the past month. He has to take four prescriptions for at least nine months and an aspirin a day for the rest of his life. He goes to the cardiologist in three weeks. He'll be off of work for at least that long.
Sabrina is very happy to have her daddy with us. Brooke (14 mths.) is used to not having daddy here since he works away so it wasn't that hard on her. Not having me here as much was a little confusing to her though.
Sabrina made her daddy two cards and packed a gift bag for him. I wrote a letter to her teacher telling her what was going on and her class made a card and every student signed it for him. He showed those card to every nurse on duty.:D

Thank you all so much for the support. It means a lot to us.
Beth

luckies4me
04-07-2004, 09:46 PM
I am so glad to hear he is doing better! My father is 63 and has had numorous heart attacks, open heart surgery and recently just got new stints in too. Somehow he manages to live! He's one strong man! :D

mountain maniac
04-08-2004, 11:42 PM
First off let me introduce myself for those that don't know me... I am steno's husband.. That said just let me thank each and every one of you for your prayers. I am feeling much better now. The progress being made today with heart attack treatments is amazing, I could actually tell, as I was laying on the table, when the Dr got my blood flowing properly. It was like someone threw a switch. The problem now is trying to not do too much before i get healed properly. The difference is amazing I feel like a new man......Again thanks to all of you for your prayers and good thoughts, they definately helped alot......Roger

delidog
04-09-2004, 04:44 AM
Oh My Dog,
Beth...I am sorry...I just saw this...but having read through,I see that Roger,(mountain magic) is doing well...
Congrats....Glad you & the kids are well too...
You & yours are in our thoughts and Prayers!!!!

anna_66
04-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Beth,
I'm sorry to hear about your husbands big scare. I would have been worried to death. But I'm really glad to hear that he's already home and doing good!
I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.
Anna

Albea
04-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Welcome home, Roger!!!
So good to read you feel much better. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

krazyaboutkatz
04-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Welcome home Roger!:D
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well and feeling much better too.:) Just try to take it easy and do what the doctor tells you.;) I also hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Rachel
04-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Roger, how kind of you to come here to let us *see for ourselves* how well you are doing. I even think that you and Beth having shared this experience might be a sign to someone who reads this and may have similar symptoms either now or in the future.

We are so grateful that you are doing well but know that the challenge of quiting smoking can be a difficult, but very important one. Please follow through with this very significant part of your treatment plan, and do let us know how you are doing with it. There are several people on this board who know they should do the same because they are loved and we want them to stay as healthy as they can.